• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Had my Medical today, seemed to go ok, we had a chat about my deprssion/anxiety and it seemed to be ok so fingers crossed.

The nurse said I had nothing to worry about, I was really nervous and my Blood pressure was really high the first time with the nurse but came right down in the docs office and he was happy with that.

If its not looking good at the Medical do they tell you before you go to the Interview at the consulate?

Hey don't worry, my BP was a little high also. They also had to take it twice and it was 140/90 the second time which is still borderline. Like you I was a bit stressed so I'm not reading too much into it.

And, like you, I also suffer from anxiety and spoke to the doctor about it. She is not concerned, they are only looking out for serious mental health issues.

Medical on the same day....and the same issues.........are we clones of each other?!?

Also the doctor told me she will contact me if there are any issues. So I'm sure they will contact you if there is a problem beforehand. Would be a bit rough to go to the interview and pay all that money and then for them to deny it because of a medical problem. (sounds like something NZ immigration would do though....)

Great to see both of you on the home stretch now. I’m sure the Drs know thay it’s stressful so take that into account.

Hey don't worry, my BP was a little high also. They also had to take it twice and it was 140/90 the second time which is still borderline. Like you I was a bit stressed so I'm not reading too much into it.

And, like you, I also suffer from anxiety and spoke to the doctor about it. She is not concerned, they are only looking out for serious mental health issues.

Medical on the same day....and the same issues.........are we clones of each other?!?

Hey Bob, where did you have your exam?

Has anyone had to reschedule their interview at the Sydney consulate? Do they give you the date of your next interview before you give up your original slot?

My CN is in the 900s and with the numbers creeping up it seems a May or June interview is possible.
I have an exam to do in June that requires my passport for ID. I'm worried my interview may be scheduled for right before the exam and I won't get my passport back in time.

Thanks for all the great information and support that's provided here btw!

Posters in past years have been successful in rescheduling interviews in Sydney. It seems to be just about the only consulate that it’s easy to do so. Once you have your interview date you can see if it’s necessary to reschedule.

Has anyone had to reschedule their interview at the Sydney consulate? Do they give you the date of your next interview before you give up your original slot?

My CN is in the 900s and with the numbers creeping up it seems a May or June interview is possible.
I have an exam to do in June that requires my passport for ID. I'm worried my interview may be scheduled for right before the exam and I won't get my passport back in time.

Thanks for all the great information and support that's provided here btw!

I can’t find my damn birth certificate, I have a black and white certified copy I’m guessing I can’t scan that and submit it for my additional documents to KCC correct?

They were happy with a certified copy of my marriage certificate, although I have since gone and ordered a new one. Can you not email the consulate and ask? The ones in Auckland are very responsive.

I’ll order one before my interview but this is for the scan of documents to send to KCC after submitting the ds260 form

I'm a bit confused about the police clearance requirements. It seems to clearly state on the website you only need clearance for any country you lived in longer than one year (NZ in my case) but on the document the consulate sent me (a checklist) it says for any country you resided in. There is no mention of the one year. I lived in the UK for 6 months so now I have no idea if I am meant to get one for that country or not. I haven't so far and the KCC never requested it when I sent them my documents.

The official interview email they sent me states the one year requirement but the checklist they attached to the same email omits that. I'm thinking the official letter is the correct requirement and the consulate made checklist just missed it by mistake?

Give the embassy a call on Monday. I’d say most people just go by the more than 12 months message.

I think i have my answer

the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months is 16 years old or older

any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months was 16 years or older at that time

So since I am a dual NZ/UK citizen (even though I was born in NZ) and lived in the UK for approx 6-7 months, I think I do need to supply one because I fall under the first category. My wife and kids do not however as they are not UK nationals.

Yikes, i better get onto it because UK police certs only send physical copies.

Is a certified copy of marriage certificate acceptable at the Sydney embassy?

Even if I was to request a new one from the county office that I was married in, it again will be a certified copy (US marriage certificate).

kB is the first one you’re talking about a photocopy with a jp stamp saying it was the same as the original

Even if I was to request a new one from the county office that I was married in, it again will be a certified copy (US marriage certificate).
We got married in Vegas and have the original marriage license so I will just photocopy that and get it sighted by a jp. I’m sure if you ordered one from the states it would be considered as good as the original.

They accepted my NZ marriage certificate and that was just a certified copy (although i have since ordered another original one for the interview)