• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

For those who were requested by KCC to send all documents electronically, and then had an interview - Am I right in assuming you didn't have to email the passport photos, but took them physically to the interview?
Thanks

For those who were requested by KCC to send all documents electronically, and then had an interview - Am I right in assuming you didn't have to email the passport photos, but took them physically to the interview?
Thanks
Documents Required for All Applicants:
• Copy of passport biodata page (no translation required)
• Birth certificate
• Military records for any applicant who has previously served in the military
• Police certificates for applicants 16 years of age or older from all required countries
• If you have been convicted of a crime, a certified copy of each court record and any prison record

No photos required in the list so you would just take them wth you.

Does anyone know if there’s a restriction on what type of jobs we are allowed to apply for? I read that we aren’t allowed to take US government job positions which is what I’ve had for the last 23yrs. My plan was to get a job on the railways, preferably with Amtrak but not sure if that is feasible now?!

The job advert will stipulate if you need citizenship, or simply "right to work" (or similar wording - to allow those with just work visas). But what one State accepts won't be the same as the next State. For example, some States allow Greencard holders to apply for Police roles, while other states allow US Citizens only. So even a lot of Govt jobs, depending on the agency/state, will happily accept Greencard Holders.

In regards to "Govt jobs", keep in mind that there are City jobs, County Jobs, State jobs, and Federal jobs, in every state. Lots of options there.

Thanks

My counsulate has very clearly stated (in bold and highlighted) that two weeks prior to my interview I need to courier all my documents to them except passports and the invitation to the interview letter. I guess they do this to speed up the interview itself.

They sent me a very detailed set of instructions to follow so it's reasonably clear cut for me. Not sure if all embassies/consulates are the same.

They sent me a very detailed set of instructions to follow so it's reasonably clear cut for me. Not sure if all embassies/consulates are the same.

Mijoro's post was what was in my email from KCC, (not the consulate). It just hadn't sunk into my thick head.

Oh, and I don't know what consulate you'll be interviewing at - Mine is Sydney.

Hey so update, I finally got the 2nd appointment email from KCC, my interview is booked in for the 5th March in Sydney. I am having my Medical on Friday but have a concern, I have suffered from Depression/anxiety in the past after my Dads death, but managing it now through Meditation, Breathing, Tapping and Exercise. Just want to know if this is a major concern?

Going to visit my doctor tmr to ask what he thinks about it.

So I went to my dr today to get the results of my blood test and he told me I needed certain shots but didn’t give me a print out of my immunity. For those of you that have been to your medical did you take blood test results for the dr to check?

So last Thursday I submitted my DS260 form online (yes I know it was late in relation to many others) and tonight was sent my second email requesting photocopies of the document list. Sooooooooooo excited.

Hey so update, I finally got the 2nd appointment email from KCC, my interview is booked in for the 5th March in Sydney. I am having my Medical on Friday but have a concern, I have suffered from Depression/anxiety in the past after my Dads death, but managing it now through Meditation, Breathing, Tapping and Exercise. Just want to know if this is a major concern?

Are you on medication for your anxiety etc?

The issues with the medical mostly revolve around communicable diseases
The two main issues that are not communicable diseases that can get you denied are (1) being an alcoholic/drug abuser (2) mental health issues ONLY IF they make you a danger to yourself or others. Depression is not usually an issue, whether it’s being treated through methods such as yours or medical treatment.

Is a blood test for syphilis taken at the medical or should I request one from my family Dr before going to the medical?

I cannot see this being an issue. I have/had generalized anxiety disorder in the past myself, I suspect it is quite common. They are more concerned about people with infectious diseases or mental health disorders like bi-polar disorder etc.

You guys are both being interviewed the same week but at different embassies right?

Yes I think that may be the case, also think we have the medical on the same day.

Funnily enough I've been fighting through a tummy bug for the last two weeks. Not great timing but oh well. It is what it is.