• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Good evening
I am the guy that was worrying you ppl about my wrong year of birth on my waec results
Well I had my interview today.. the time for interview was 9:30 am but I was there by 7:00 as soon as I got there I was told to start the process so I joined..
Let's skip to the interview itself
Because of the mistake on the sch cert I did an affidavit of support and I gazetted it too..
Then I took every document that I can use to support my claims in terms of the year of birth mistake( it included my old passport, I had written SAT before so I took the ticket I used to write the exams which had the correct date of birth, when I was in shs 2 I wrote novdec exams so I took that along as well..

I was the 3rd to be interviewed, I wore a white shirt with a black slim tie and I was smiling like I was mad..

CO: raise your hand blah blah blah
Me: I swear
CO: What is the name of school you attended
Me: which one high school or university??
CO: high school
Me: Prempeh college
CO: oh okk then you proceeded to kwame Nkrumah university??
Me: Yes
CO: it seems there is a problem with your date of birth.
Me: yes instead of 1993, it was typed 1994. I contacted waec and they said there is nothing they could d about it but they told be I can make an affidavit and gazette it.

CO then takes a critical look at the cert for like 10 secs.
Do you have any documents to support the date of birth??
Me:yes please.. I gave her my old passport

CO starts comparing the old one to the new one for like 15 secs..

Co: is that all??
Me: no please. I handed out my SAT ticket which had my date of birth on it..then I added my novdec to it..
CO takes a look at the documents I just presented
She then types something on the computer

CO: What will you be doing at the USA
Me: please come again
CO: What do you intend going at the US
Me: I will like to be a teacher but will have to get my masters degree first
CO: What do you do now??
Me: am currently doing my national service
CO: at where??
Me: I told her
CO: come again
Me: I repeat
CO: Where will you be staying in the US
Me: Texas
CO: why Texas??
Me: My elder brother stays there.
CO: ok
Co: have you applied for a visa b4?
Me: Yes but I wasn't able to come for the interview
Co: that doesn't count
Me: oh okk
Co: are you married. Do you have any kids
Me: I said no to all..

She started doing some typing mean while I can literally hear my heart pounding out of my body but I kept my cool tho (still smiling like am mad)

CO starts giving me back my original documents which included my old passport (my heart skipped upon seeing but immediately calmed down when u open and I realized it was the old one)

She packs the documents and she placed the new passport into the folder along with the other documents and she placed in below her... all along I was staring at her still smiling
THEN she said the magic words "am approving your visa" whiles smiling.. she then hands me the white paper..

All the above narration happened in less 3 minutes..

I thank God for this experience
And I also thank everyone who contributed when I started doing the enquiries here.. I even sent some of them private messages.. indeed I was very annoying lol..
Thank you all
Please by the way I have a lil problem.. am unable to create my account at the travelsdoc site.. it says I should make sure the name is the same on my passport..
I once applied for a visa and created an account so I don't know if that is the reason.. please I need help
Thank you very much as you help me with the creation of account.
Congratulations to u comrade. Wishing u all the best

Please why did you made payment for the verification of reults when you have already sent the embassy a copy of it before your interview was scheduled.or were you having a problem with your result slip.please enlighten me

Please
Please why did you made payment for the verification of reults when you have already sent the embassy a copy of it before your interview was scheduled.or were you having a problem with your result slip.please enlighten me
who is this question directed to??

Interview Experience
Date Feb 5 2019
After all the security checks and procedures
I was called to window 4
ME: good morning
CO: morning
CO: raise your right hand and swear
ME: I raised it and swear
CO: what's your highest level of education?
ME: HND
CO: from which Institution
ME: **********
CO: what was your course?
ME: *******
CO: good
CO: are you married?
ME: No
CO: Do you have any child?
CO: have you ever been to the US before?
CO: OK, am giving you this sheet, follow the instructions on it and pick up your passport in 2wks. Congratulations
ME: thank you Sir
CO: you are welcome
So he took my HND cert.
On 20 of March still on AP as called by the embassy to go to NABTEX for verification of my Cert, made a fee calls and i made payment the receipt was sent to me by scan
If there's anything I've learned from this group patience key ,greatful to all group members and say your prayers don't ever give up keep pushing

Hello everyone!
I have a question, on the visa bulletin of June it said 37,200 for Africa and my number is 34xxx but I haven’t receive anything from the KCC and I emailed them to ask about my interview date and when should i go for my medical examination they kept sending me an email about the past requirements which are the passport, police clearance and the birth certificates.. etc. I replied that I already sent the complete documents to the documents email and they didn’t send me if any were missing! And never mentioned why I wasn’t scheduled yet for an interview! And now on July it says current for Africa! Please advise me what to do? Should i send the documents again? Or should i just wait for them to schedule my interview? I’m sorry I don’t have much experience about this so please help me!
Sorry to make it long and thank you guys

Hello everyone!
I have a question, on the visa bulletin of June it said 37,200 for Africa and my number is 34xxx but I haven’t receive anything from the KCC and I emailed them to ask about my interview date and when should i go for my medical examination they kept sending me an email about the past requirements which are the passport, police clearance and the birth certificates.. etc. I replied that I already sent the complete documents to the documents email and they didn’t send me if any were missing! And never mentioned why I wasn’t scheduled yet for an interview! And now on July it says current for Africa! Please advise me what to do? Should i send the documents again? Or should i just wait for them to schedule my interview? I’m sorry I don’t have much experience about this so please help me!

Send the docs again as soon as possible and also call(NOT EMAIL) kcc and enquire about your case.

Hello everyone!
Send the documents again Sir. And when addressing the mail, do not ignore the zeros that come before the digits in your case number. It happened to me when I sent my mail as well, but when I sent again and included the zeros,kcc sent a mail they have received my documents. I wish you all the best bro

anyone going for an interview this july and august? please kindly check your emails. US embassy in accra are sending emails to dv applicants to send them their educational documents before they appear for the interview.

Yes bro, my wife is due for interview in August and she got the same email. Her little problem is that, she completed Nursing college and the Nursing and Midwifery Council are yet to get them their certificates though they have issued them with the results slip. The training college is also going to issue them with certificates. So I am wondering if she could use the Results slip from NMC and certificate from the College.

anyone going for an interview this july and august? please kindly check your emails. US embassy in accra are sending emails to dv applicants to send them their educational documents before they appear for the interview.

Yes bro, my wife is due for interview in August and she got the same email. Her little problem is that, she completed Nursing college and the Nursing and Midwifery Council are yet to get them their certificates though they have issued them with the results slip. The training college is also going to issue them with certificates. So I am wondering if she could use the Results slip from NMC and certificate from the College.
just send them all your educational certificates you got. in the case of the nmc u can send them the results slip.

There's no specific waiting period, when they are done with the documentation, they will alert you (not everyone was alerted though)on time before you get your interview letter.
So will they send me an email or how do I check my interview date. Thank you

So will they send me an email or how do I check my interview date. Thank you

The same page you got your selection notification (so make sure to print that out)will be replaced with an interview letter around 6 weeks before your interview. They will send you an email to tell you to check that page for updates, but the actual informatin is only on that page. The emails don't always get received so when your number gets published in the bulletin, start checking a week or two later on that page.