• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Hi! Please I am new here and would like to congratulate all those who won the DV lottery2018/2019...I am not yet a winner though( praying I do win this year)... I have been reading and following up on this platform and there are certain things that I have really learnt and it has been very helpful to me.. please I have one question and I am very desperate for an answer....
So I just found out that the arrangement of my name on my WASSCE cert is different from my passport, University Cert and birth cert...spelling of name and date of birth on all three certificates are correct..but the arrangement isn’t the same......on my WASSCE cert the arrangement is MENSAH KYEI ABIGAIL but on my passport, University Cert and birth cert, it is arranged as ABIGAIL KYEI MENSAH..... like I said earlier the date of birth and spelling of name is correct....
1. Please I would like to find out if this going to be a problem at the embassy should I win the lottery this year or any other year or even if I want to travel soon......
2. Would I need to swear an affidavit or something just to clarify the arrangement??
Thanks

Hi! Please I am new here and would like to congratulate all those who won the DV lottery2018/2019...I am not yet a winner though( praying I do win this year)... I have been reading and following up on this platform and there are certain things that I have really learnt and it has been very helpful to me.. please I have one question and I am very desperate for an answer....
So I just found out that the arrangement of my name on my WASSCE cert is different from my passport, University Cert and birth cert...spelling of name and date of birth on all three certificates are correct..but the arrangement isn’t the same......on my WASSCE cert the arrangement is MENSAH KYEI ABIGAIL but on my passport, University Cert and birth cert, it is arranged as ABIGAIL KYEI MENSAH..... like I said earlier the date of birth and spelling of name is correct....
1. Please I would like to find out if this going to be a problem at the embassy should I win the lottery this year or any other year or even if I want to travel soon......
2. Would I need to swear an affidavit or something just to clarify the arrangement??
Thanks

There's nothing wrong with that.
On WASSCE cert, the surname is written first. Birth cert, the surname comes last. You're good ok.
All the best this year.

@Samtuga.....wanted to knw if apart from your wassce certificate...did u send any shs testimonial to the interview???

I Went there with pay stubs, transcripts and other supporting documents but none was collected.
I insisted that the lady who was sorting the docs takes it but she said they're not required.
However she said is good I came with all that because it may happen in the cause of the interview something may come up and the CO may asked of those docs.
So I advise you go with all necessary documents you have.

Hello...I have a question for those of you who already have interview dates. Do you have any flexibility on the interview date? as in if a scheduled date does not work for you can you suggest another date? Thank you

Hello...I have a question for those of you who already have interview dates. Do you have any flexibility on the interview date? as in if a scheduled date does not work for you can you suggest another date? Thank you

For Ghana, best to try make the appointment. The embassy is busy and rescheduling not easy; in past years we have had some reports of people who tried to reschedule, and ended the fiscal year without ever having been notified of the replacement slots they were waitIng for. Note that the original appointment is assigned by KCC (using an availability schedule provided by the embassy), but any subsequent rescheduling is between you and the embassy.

Hello Comrades,
Please I had the following grades in my WASSCE;
English -C4
CRS - B3
Maths - C6
Science - C6
Economics- C5
History - C4
Social Studies - D7
Literature - E8
Please would it be possible for me to get the visa?
Thank you!

Hello Comrades,
English -C4
CRS - B3
Maths - C6
Science - C6
Economics- C5
History - C4
Social Studies - D7
Literature - E8
Thank you!

Your grades are good. Nothing to worry about. Best of luck!

Please I also have thesame issue of misarrangemant of my names in my HND cert.Instead of Musah Emmanuel Winmi.
It appears as Winmi Musah Emmanuel, My middle name occurring as my Sir name.Do I need an affidavit of support?

I think there is a new trend. Now after the interview they will tell u to go for authentication from NABTEX for your HND certificate..soo it better u go for the authentication now before your interview .will go for mine on monday.. dont want to leave anything to chance.

Please I also have thesame issue of misarrangemant of my names in my HND cert.Instead of Musah Emmanuel Winmi.
It appears as Winmi Musah Emmanuel, My middle name occurring as my Sir name.Do I need an affidavit of support?

Is not a problem. A friend of mine had the same problem but was approved. His middle name mistakenly became the surname on his high school cert. If all three names are spelt correctly with the correct date of birth on passport and birth certificate then you're good.
Good luck!

Is not a problem. A friend of mine had the same problem but was approved. His middle name mistakenly became the surname on his high school cert. If all three names are spelt correctly with the correct date of birth on passport and birth certificate then you're good.
Good luck!
Thanks very much for the infor

Hello Comrades,
English -C4
CRS - B3
Maths - C6
Science - C6
Economics- C5
History - C4
Social Studies - D7
Literature - E8
Thank you!
you are good to go