• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

1. DS160 is not the right form - this was previously pointed out to you.

2. I don’t think we’ve ever said you couldn’t submit an AOS package immediately following a trip outside the US.

Sorry I meant DS-260 form.

Im referring to the post before where the poster asked a similar question about making a short trip before coming back to USA to file AOS and you wrote
'1. Declaring an immigrant intent within 90 days of entering the US on a NIV May lead to a denial of your AOS petition'

Is this true, if if on a valid dual intent visa like an O1.

Sorry I meant DS-260 form.

Im referring to the post before where the poster asked a similar question about making a short trip before coming back to USA to file AOS and you wrote
'1. Declaring an immigrant intent within 90 days of entering the US on a NIV May lead to a denial of your AOS petition'

Is this true, if if on a valid dual intent visa like an O1.

That post was addressed to someone with a none dual intent status.

You will get a better response if you ask your own questions with your specific situation identified.

Hi All,
Today I think i received my 2NL in email as a pdf which is just standard wording that I need to pay DV fee and contact USCIS with questions etc.
Also in the email this is written:

Attached is the Adjustment Letter.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office.

In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

It means they see my payment and will send the receipt back in the mail?

Or I can wait for another email with the receipt? Since I read a lot of guys received it in email.

Hello Mom, and All..
I sent aos file on last week. Will I receive the document by email? Or the uscis will send me by mail?
My case number also will active in April. When can I go for fingerprints? Can april?
Can I get my green card in 6 months? I am wondering processing time . I am also very happy if the friends who made this processing time can say how long it takes.
Thank you so much..

Hi All,
Today I think i received my 2NL in email as a pdf which is just standard wording that I need to pay DV fee and contact USCIS with questions etc.
Also in the email this is written:

Attached is the Adjustment Letter.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office.

In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

It means they see my payment and will send the receipt back in the mail?

Or I can wait for another email with the receipt? Since I read a lot of guys received it in email.

If it’s been up to 4 weeks since you made your payment and haven’t received the actual payment receipt, email KCC letting them know you’re yet to receive the receipt and request they email you a copy.

Hello Mom, and All..
I sent aos file on last week. Will I receive the document by email? Or the uscis will send me by mail?
My case number also will active in April. When can I go for fingerprints? Can april?
Can I get my green card in 6 months? I am wondering processing time . I am also very happy if the friends who made this processing time can say how long it takes.
Thank you so much..

1. If you included form G-1145 with your AOS package, you’ll receive an email and or a text message (depending on the option you selected on the form) letting you know your AOS package has been received and accepted. In addition, you’ll receive a NOA by mail. If your package did not include the G-1145, you’ll only receive the NOA by mail.
2. You go for fingerprints after you receive your biometric notice.
3. No one here can predict how soon or when you’ll complete the process and be approved for your GC. You can however get a better idea of the processing time for your FO by checking the timeline spreadsheets which are listed on the AOS process spreadsheet - you should actually go through that spreadsheet for a better understanding of the AOS process itself.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.

1. If you included form G-1145 with your AOS package, you’ll receive an email and or a text message (depending on the option you selected on the form) letting you know your AOS package has been received and accepted. In addition, you’ll receive a NOA by mail. If your package did not include the G-1145, you’ll only receive the NOA by mail.
2. You go for fingerprints after you receive your biometric notice.
3. No one here can predict how soon or when you’ll complete the process and be approved for your GC. You can however get a better idea of the processing time for your FO by checking the timeline spreadsheets which are listed on the AOS process spreadsheet - you should actually go through that spreadsheet for a better understanding of the AOS process itself.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.
Thank you so much Mom:)

I finally managed to schedule an infopass with Washington DC Field Office today :) Will go there on April 1st. As I mentioned before, I was checking available appointments between 12am and 7am every morning. Today appointments were available after 8am (for those who would like to schedule with the same FO in the future).

Me too, going current in May and am at the same stage as you (sent fee, scheduling medical exam). Still a couple of supporting papers coming in from overseas, such as education records. Will you be submitting in April or waiting for May 1st?

Sorry I missed your reply! I have all my paperwork and documents ready except for the Form I-693/medical and DV fee payment receipt, so I will be filing as soon as I get those, which will hopefully be in April or early May!

Hi! Sorry for the late response, but we had the same problem. First, we had to update the payment to send separate checks for each form (this was October). In January we received a letter saying that the i-360 was not compatible with the DV process, so we had to send a letter withdrawing the application for the i-360. Hopefully, everything is back on track now, but it certainly made everything MUCH slower. Hope it helps!
Thank you for sharing your experience. we sent it back and are waiting

based on this @Sm1smom I think you should delete the form I-360 from the spreadsheet if you have not already done. it has no business in the DV process. I took the view that they will ignore if it as indeed not need but evidently once it is there it can cause major problems

So I've been so used to thinking of my case number as AF2XXXX that I forgot to include the 2019 and the three zeros between the "AF" and "2" on my DV fee payment. Will this be an issue? Should I call either the DOS or KCC, ask to cancel the cashier's check and send another one?

hello,

quick question

I sent my husband to the bank and he got a check for the DV payment but instead of making it payable to "Department of State", he made it payable to "State department". Do you think I should ask him to get another one or if I mail this one it should be ok?

So I've been so used to thinking of my case number as AF2XXXX that I forgot to include the 2019 and the three zeros between the "AF" and "2" on my DV fee payment. Will this be an issue? Should I call either the DOS or KCC, ask to cancel the cashier's check and send another one?

You should be fine.

hello,

quick question

I sent my husband to the bank and he got a check for the DV payment but instead of making it payable to "Department of State", he made it payable to "State department". Do you think I should ask him to get another one or if I mail this one it should be ok?

Get a new check.

Hello all.

I did my bio a couple of days ago.

1- Should i expect to see any change or update in my online case status?

2- In this step, should i do anything to help this process moves forward to receive interview letter any faster ( like going for infopass may inform my FO of existence of my case ( AOS based on DV, which is not usual for them) and i get benefited of this act ) OR, i just need to sit back and wait to receive the interview letter through its normal process?

my bio had been scheduled for March 28th. But i did it on March 19th. How much time does it take to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" become appear on my online status? an estimate time i mean.