• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

IS it a problem if I submitted the Ds-260 as a Consular processing but now I will do AOS?

Also if you submit 2 months early with the early filling is the benefit of this that your case gets processed 2 months quicker than it would if you submitted it the first day it becomes current or do they still not begin work on your case till the month you become current?

IS it a problem if I submitted the Ds-260 as a Consular processing but now I will do AOS?

Also if you submit 2 months early with the early filling is the benefit of this that your case gets processed 2 months quicker than it would if you submitted it the first day it becomes current or do they still not begin work on your case till the month you become current?

1. It depends on several factors such as when the DS260 form was submitted, what your CN is (as in if CN is current or when it’s likely to become current), when you last entered the US, etc. So question is, have you actually submitted your DS260 with CP option selected?

2. It means the sooner the case is in the system, the sooner the processing starts, it however doesn’t mean processing gets completed two months earlier.

Ok got it. N
1. It depends on several factors such as when the DS260 form was submitted, what your CN is (as in if CN is current or when it’s likely to become current), when you last entered the US, etc. So question is, have you actually submitted your DS260 with CP option selected?

2. It means the sooner the case is in the system, the sooner the processing starts, it however doesn’t mean processing gets completed two months earlier.
1. Ok, understood. I haven't submitted the DS-260 yet, will likely go current in June. Was going to submit after my short work trip to Mexico next week when back is USA. Was going to submit my DS-260 as CP in case I decided to change from AOS as I understand DS_260 isn't a mandatory requirement for AOS.

Ok got it. N

1. Ok, understood. I haven't submitted the DS-260 yet, will likely go current in June. Was going to submit after my short work trip to Mexico next - week when back is USA. Was going to submit my DS-260 as CP in case I decided to change from AOS as I understand DS_260 isn't a mandatory requirement for AOS.

If you submit your DS260 as CP, you can’t suddenly decide to switch over and process AOS. You’ll need to contact KCC first before proceeding with AOS - if your KCC file already got forwarded to your local embassy, that takes AOS off the table.

You need to decide on which option to go with and stick to it. KCC will need to have enough time to process your documents if you’re going the CP route before scheduling your interview. As it is, if your CN is current for June, you most likely will NOT be getting a June interview since you’re yet to submit your DS260 to start with.

If you submit your DS260 as CP, you can’t suddenly decide to switch over and process AOS. You’ll need to contact KCC first before proceeding with AOS - if your KCC file already got forwarded to your local embassy, that takes AOS off the table.

You need to decide on which option to go with and stick to it. KCC will need to have enough time to process your documents if you’re going the CP route before scheduling your interview. As it is, if your CN is current for June, you most likely will NOT be getting a June interview since you’re yet to submit your DS260 to start with.
Thanks for that, you're totally right. I need to make a decision on it very soon. Just nervous as I travel a lot out of country for work so dont want to h do AOS and than have to travel out of country when not allowed and loose the Greencard. Thanks for your info- much appreciated,

Hi.
Today I received retuen mail with the paid stamp from Missouri.
I thought I get the receipet number.
What is going to be the receipt number??

Hi.
Today I received retuen mail with the paid stamp from Missouri.
I thought I get the receipet number.
What is going to be the receipt number??
Hi, I am just wondering how long it took you to receive the stamped receipt after your mail is delivered to them?. Thanks

Hi, I am just wondering how long it took you to receive the stamped receipt after your mail is delivered to them?. Thanks
For me I mailed it in the 7th of March and received back in my maibox on the 23rd March, but they sent me an email on the 20th that my fee was paid and they were informed about the AOS

Hello again.
Can I open the police report from Japan which says do not open since I have to send some documents before the interview according to the link below??

I have read the DV program website about Submit Supporting Documents , but not sure.
Thank you

Hello again.
Can I open the police report from Japan which says do not open since I have to send some documents before the interview according to the link below??

I have read the DV program website about Submit Supporting Documents , but not sure.
Thank you

1. No PCC required for AOS - you can open the report if you like.
2. There’s no requirement for AOSers to submit supporting documents in advance, that instruction is for those going through CP. For, AOS all the forms and documents get sent together to the Chicago Lockbox.
3. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi everybody,
I have a question and I hope it's not a silly one. I don't have a checkbook, so I went to the post office and did a money order instead. But money orders only can be made up to 1000$, so I did 3: $1000/$125/$85 indicating that 1000 and 125 are the same fee but split in 2 parts. I have no idea if that's acceptable, but see no reason why it wouldn't.

I sent my AOS application packet on March 5th and still had no reply. I see people getting their acceptance texts within 2 weeks and naturally I started to get nervous about it.

Hi everybody,
I have a question and I hope it's not a silly one. I don't have a checkbook, so I went to the post office and did a money order instead. But money orders only can be made up to 1000$, so I did 3: $1000/$125/$85 indicating that 1000 and 125 are the same fee but split in 2 parts. I have no idea if that's acceptable, but see no reason why it wouldn't.

I sent my AOS application packet on March 5th and still had no reply. I see people getting their acceptance texts within 2 weeks and naturally I started to get nervous about it.

You sent in a total payment of $1,210 in place of $1,225 - (AOS:$1,140 plus Bio:$85).

Since your payment is incomplete, the Chicago Lockbox wil be sending back your package.

By the way, you can send in just two money orders instead of 3! Bio fee can be combined with the remaining AOS fee.

You sent in a total payment of $1,210 in place of $1,225 - (AOS:$1,140 plus Bio:$85).

Since your payment is incomplete, the Chicago Lockbox wil be sending back your package.

By the way, you can send in just two money orders instead of 3! Bio fee can be combined with the remaining AOS fee.
Oh oh sorry, my bad, I did send 1000+140+85!! My bad. I don't know why I wrote 25 instead of 40, was too nervous when writing, so I mixed up the numbers in my post

Hi all, I have waited for more than a month after my interview and still no updates. I checked the timeline and no one in this year's timeline has waited more than 15-20 days after their interview to get their green card. Do you guys know if Iranian nationals should wait more than others for a background check? Or what else can make this process longer?

Hello!

Yesterday we had an interview. We were asked to give the oath and for our passports and ID's. My husband showed his Ukrainian driver's license with a printout of temporary California driver's license. (we are waiting for the driver's license card to be delivered). I do not drive at all, so I showed my student's card of a local occupational center.

We were asked the following questions:
- yes/no question of I-485,
- when did we get married?
- do we have kids?
- who is the principle applicant?

Additional documents we added:
- I-693
- bank statements
- copy of W-2
-updated pay stabs

Issues with I-693:
The first page of my I-693 was missing. The doctor forgot to add it. Thank God I had a copy of our forms and FO agreed to accept it. So I do recommend to ask for and bring in medical copies with yourself just in case.

Name check:
We were told that we received our invitation for the interview to early and our name check wasn't ready yet. Then something weird happened: the FO said that he had just requested the name check for us and it may take 1-2 months for it to be cleared. I do not rule out that I might have misunderstood him because as I know background check (inc. name check) is requested after fingerprints being taken. Our case status hasn't been changed for the "Interview is completed". I'm really worried that we may get stuck in prolonged background check.

I haven't stumbled upon any similar cases. Mom, if you had any similar issues with name check in your practice, I would highly appreciate your opinion on the matter. Is it a reason to be worried?

Last edited:
Hello!

Yesterday we had an interview. We were asked to give the oath and for our passports and ID's. My husband showed his Ukrainian driver's license with a printout of temporary California driver's license. (we are waiting for the driver's license card to be delivered). I do not drive at all, so I showed my student's card of a local occupational center.

We were asked the following questions:
- yes/no question of I-485,
- when did we get married?
- do we have kids?
- who is the principle applicant?

Additional documents we added:
- I-693
- bank statements
- copy of W-2
-updated pay stabs

Issues with I-693:
The first page of my I-693 was missing. The doctor forgot to add it. Thank God I had a copy of our forms and FO agreed to accept it. So I do recommend to ask for and bring in medical copies with yourself just in case.

Name check:
We were told that we received our invitation for the interview to early and our name check wasn't ready yet. Then something weird happened: the FO said that he had just requested the name check for us and it may take 1-2 months for it to be cleared. I do not rule out that I might have misunderstood him because as I know background check (inc. name check) is requested after fingerprints being taken. Our case status hasn't been changed for the "Interview is completed". I'm really worried that we may get stuck in prolonged background check.

I haven't stumbled upon any similar cases. Mom, if you had any similar issues with name check in your practice, I would highly appreciate your opinion on the matter. Is it a reason to be worried?
As far as i can see from your time line, you did your bio on 02/04/2019 and then you received the interview letter on 03/18/2019. This much of time seems to be enough for name/back ground check. I am not agree with saying "too early" for receiving interview letter. It seems the IO was mistaking about something. You could literally describe your situation and consider every thought that you had.