• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Just got the AP approval in the mail and happy that I wont have to abandon my application now. I know that if our i-485 gets denied then we'll be in trouble, but it's better than the alternative. All our eggs are in this basket already anyway :)

Any update from your Congress person?

Do make sure you receive the actual AP card (assuming AOS adjudication is still pending) before embarking on a trip outside the US, the approval notice alone is not enough to keep the AOS petition alive.

I am in the same case as you, I have L1A mentioned on my I-94 but my visa is L1B.
I do couple of back and forth trips a month abroad for work and they often "forget" to stamp my passport as well but I read somewhere in this forum that it does not matter much as long as it is in your I-94 and you can mention where was the last place you were approved on the I-485.

On top of that, I have sent the payment for the DV AOS fee on Feb 20 and received the receipt today with the below note in the email.
Is this considered as a 2NL?

That is not the typical 2NL. However since people are starting to report payment receipt via email, it may be the new process/2NL.

Hi mom:

Finally, my wife receives her GC. The timeline is listed below. Very very thanks Mon, Britsimon, and all the people in this group. Good luck to everyone!!!

09/05/2018 2NL
11/09/2018 File AOS package (current is Dec 2018), but rejected because of early filing.
11/29/2018 Refile AOS package.
12/03/2018 Package deliver
12/10/2018 Acceptance text
12/11/2018 Check cashed
12/14/2018 NOA letter received
12/21/2018 Bio letter received
01/02/2019 Bio schedule day (Walk-in on 12/26/2018)
01/09/2019 Interview notice received
02/05/2019 Interview @ SF FO
02/13/2019 Welcome letter
02/26/2019 CPO
03/05/2019 Receive GC

Last edited:
Hi mom:

Finally, my wife receives her GC. The timeline is listed below. Very very thanks Mon, Britsimon, and all the people in this group. Good luck to everyone!!!

09/05/2018 2NL
11/09/2018 File AOS package (current is Dec 2018), but rejected because of early filing.
11/29/2018 Refile AOS package.
12/03/2018 Package deliver
12/10/2018 Acceptance text
12/11/2018 Check cashed
12/14/2018 NOA letter received
12/21/2018 Bio letter received
01/02/2019 Bio schedule day (Walk-in on 12/26/2018)
01/09/2019 Interview notice received
02/05/2019 Interview @ SF FO
02/13/2019 Welcome letter
02/26/2019 CPO
03/05/2019 Receive GC
Congratulations!

Any update from your Congress person?

Do make sure you receive the actual AP card (assuming AOS adjudication is still pending) before embarking on a trip outside the US, the approval notice alone is not enough to keep the AOS petition alive.

Thanks. Yeah, I know we still have to wait for the actual document but hopefully it will be under 3 weeks.

Both the congress inquiry and our service inquiry returned the same result, generically along the lines of "this can sometimes take longer than usual." Which I can't really argue with haha. It would have been good to know something specific.

The only real response they both generated was "we will forward this inquiry to the appropriate party for consideration" which I guess is a step in the right direction.

Obviously that doesn't really deliver any answers but at least the service inquiry response came back from the field office. Not sure where the congressional inquiry was answered.

thank you very much...that was my first thought and feel much better about going that route now. Do you think I should add a cover letter explaining this? and yes, we sent all applications in one package. Will let you know if it is accepted so you can update the guidance to remove the I-360. I am 99% confident it is not applicable in the case of a DV adjustment but let us see...

also it was returned to us from the Dallas office and not chicago, so I think it was sent to Dallas by the chicago office because of the i-360. that will also explain why it took 35 days for us to get the package back

Hi! Sorry for the late response, but we had the same problem. First, we had to update the payment to send separate checks for each form (this was October). In January we received a letter saying that the i-360 was not compatible with the DV process, so we had to send a letter withdrawing the application for the i-360. Hopefully, everything is back on track now, but it certainly made everything MUCH slower. Hope it helps!

I am in the same case as you, I have L1A mentioned on my I-94 but my visa is L1B.
I do couple of back and forth trips a month abroad for work and they often "forget" to stamp my passport as well but I read somewhere in this forum that it does not matter much as long as it is in your I-94 and you can mention where was the last place you were approved on the I-485.

On top of that, I have sent the payment for the DV AOS fee on Feb 20 and received the receipt today with the below note in the email.
Is this considered as a 2NL?

Hey,

I heard back from my lawyers and they told me to contact CBP Deferred Inspection office.
I called their NYC-JFK office, gave my passport number to the gentleman on the phone and he corrected the mistake instantly "It happens more often than you know".

30 seconds later my I-94 was back to normal.

I hope this helps.

After a long journey for almost 6 months, I received my greencard in the mailbox.
FO : Newark, NJ
My experience:
I have been living in various addresses within NYC (5-borough), but never been living in NJ.
Prior to filing the application, I moved to NJ area, and commutes to NYC everyday since I'm working in the city. Based on previous years timelines, NJ filers tend to have faster turnout from filing the application to interview notice.
Timelines:
9.13 - sent petition
9.14 - PD
9.18 - CC charged
9.23 - 3 text (I-485, I-131,I-765)
9.27 - 3 NOA
9.28 - NOA - Bio letter
10.1 - Bio walk-in
11.9 - Infopass - IO said case was received by District Office on 10/10
1.23 - Tier 2 helped to raise SR to field office asking for case status update
2.2 - received IL dated 1/24, I guess SR really helps to get the interview
2.7 - Interview day
After waiting for an hour, the interviewer invited me to her office, and she is pretty nice. She's the only person in charge of DV case in the field office. Asked for my University diploma (HS diploma is not needed), Birth Certificate and translation, stamped receipt for DOS payment.​
IO said that she cannot approve me on the spot because name check is not done. She said that she will check my case after 2 weeks, and try to expedite the clearance. She also advised me that it might take couple of months, and be approved around June, July or even August​
2.13 - called, said that name check was done on 2/11. I'm surprised at the fast turnout of the clearance. Also, called KCC that case was asked by the FO on 2/11
2.23 - CPO
2.27 - card is mailed
2.28 - Approval letter received
3.2 - GC in mailbox
my take on this whole process (this is just my opinion, feel free to disagree):
  1. my IL didn't come sooner because of the name check issue. The SR actually triggers my IL, otherwise I will need to wait longer.
  2. Had I done the process in NYC, I think I will be interviewed at the / towards the end of the fiscal year especially due to name check clearance. This will causes me a lot of stress, especially hypothetically if the name is still not cleared after the interview. In my case, moving to NJ might probably the correct move for me. Also, if I do CP, I might stuck overseas of many months even though my case current on November.
  3. my IO also said that name check was initiated one week after PD, which is about 2 weeks earlier than my bio. It seems that name check is submitted separately from the bio process. Based from what I read from dv 2018 thread, someone did Bio a week before the end of fiscal year, and got approved the following day after Bio. Perhaps on his case, his name check was done couple of weeks earlier.

After a long journey for almost 6 months, I received my greencard in the mailbox.
My experience:
I have been living in various addresses within NYC (5-borough), but never been living in NJ.
Prior to filing the application, I moved to NJ area, and commutes to NYC everyday since I'm working in the city. Based on previous years timelines, NJ filers tend to have faster turnout from filing the application to interview notice.
Timelines:
9.13 - sent petition
9.14 - PD
9.18 - CC charged
9.27 - 3 NOA
9.28 - NOA - Bio letter
10.1 - Bio walk-in
2.7 - Interview day
After waiting for an hour, the interviewer invited me to her office, and she is pretty nice. She's the only person in charge of DV case in the field office. Asked for my University diploma (HS diploma is not needed), Birth Certificate and translation, stamped receipt for DOS payment.​
IO said that she cannot approve me on the spot because name check is not done. She said that she will check my case after 2 weeks, and try to expedite the clearance. She also advised me that it might take couple of months, and be approved around June, July or even August​
2.13 - called, said that name check was done on 2/11. I'm surprised at the fast turnout of the clearance. Also, called KCC that case was asked by the FO on 2/11
2.23 - CPO
2.27 - card is mailed
3.2 - GC in mailbox
  1. my IL didn't come sooner because of the name check issue. The SR actually triggers my IL, otherwise I will need to wait longer.
  2. Had I done the process in NYC, I think I will be interviewed at the / towards the end of the fiscal year especially due to name check clearance. This will causes me a lot of stress, especially hypothetically if the name is still not cleared after the interview. In my case, moving to NJ might probably the correct move for me. Also, if I do CP, I might stuck overseas of many months even though my case current on November.
  3. my IO also said that name check was initiated one week after PD, which is about 2 weeks earlier than my bio. It seems that name check is submitted separately from the bio process. Based from what I read from dv 2018 thread, someone did Bio a week before the end of fiscal year, and got approved the following day after Bio. Perhaps on his case, his name check was done couple of weeks earlier.
Congrats :) Please update the timeline)

That is not the typical 2NL. However since people are starting to report payment receipt via email, it may be the new process/2NL.

Nevermind I received my 2NL today.
Not sure if the payment triggered it but I received it the next day.

Dear JOHN DOE:
Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services (USCIS).
[...]

Hey,

I heard back from my lawyers and they told me to contact CBP Deferred Inspection office.
I called their NYC-JFK office, gave my passport number to the gentleman on the phone and he corrected the mistake instantly "It happens more often than you know".

30 seconds later my I-94 was back to normal.

I hope this helps.

Good tip: I'll probably do the same when I am Current, just to avoid unnecessary delays with inconsistencies in the submitted document.

My experience:
Timelines:
9.13 - sent petition
9.14 - PD
9.18 - CC charged
9.27 - 3 NOA
9.28 - NOA - Bio letter
10.1 - Bio walk-in
2.7 - Interview day
2.23 - CPO
2.27 - card is mailed
3.2 - GC in mailbox

Congratulations on your successful AOS completion.

Two things I’ll like to clarify in your post:
1. “HS diploma is not needed” is too broad of a statement to make based on a single interview experience, as you don’t want to unintentionally mislead someone. It makes more sense to say you weren’t required to present YOUR HS Diploma.

2. Name check, which is part of the background check CANNOT BE not initiated if the bio appointment hasn’t happened - biometric check triggers the background check, not priority date.

Hi, we did the interview on 2/26 and I was checking the updates in USCIS website and the last update shows the accepted fingerprint. Is it normal that my case has not been updated since fingerprint?!

Congratulations on your successful AOS completion.

Two things I’ll like to clarify in your post:
1. “HS diploma is not needed” is too broad of a statement to make based on a single interview experience, as you don’t want to unintentionally mislead someone. It makes more sense to say you weren’t required to present YOUR HS Diploma.

2. Name check, which is part of the background check CANNOT BE not initiated if the bio appointment hasn’t happened - biometric check triggers the background check, not priority date.

Thanks mom. without your guidance, I will definitely already hire a lawyer.
Previously, I had an impression that some check process such as name check is started before bio. some others checks such as TECS CBP check, and fingerprint check are done after Bio. Since I am not an expert here, you probably correct.

Thanks mom. without your guidance, I will definitely already hire a lawyer.
Previously, I had an impression that some check process such as name check is started before bio. some others checks such as TECS CBP check, and fingerprint check are done after Bio. Since I am not an expert here, you probably correct.

No check is initiated for an AOSer until after AOS package is received AND petitioner’s biometrics are captured. The initial check carried out by KCC is for CPers only.

Hi, we did the interview on 2/26 and I was checking the updates in USCIS website and the last update shows the accepted fingerprint. Is it normal that my case has not been updated since fingerprint?!
You can visit USCIS website and talk to EMMA. Ask for live chat, it is a way to save time chatting with a USCIS representative. Good luck~

Hi Mom,
I still have a long way to assemble my package but I have a question regarding the i797 NOA Please.
I have multiple NOA letters, one for my Asylum application, one for my initial EAD application, and the third one is for EAD renewal. Do I have to attach just the latest NOA with my package, or all the previous NOAs that i have received thus far from USCIS ?