• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi everyone,
I have few questions.
1. I just got an email from KCC stating that my DS260 showed that I would be doing AOS with the instruction to pay the DV fee if I am eligible to AOS. Is this normal?.
2. When I talked to USCIS long time back to check whether I am eligible to do AOS they told me that I am eligible as long as I am legally here. Did anyone check with USCIS whether you are eligible to do AOS or not?.

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you @Sm1smom @damo1089 !

I'm pleased to hear it is the I-94 date. I didn't submit an EAD Card application - figured the chances of being approved prior to my I-94 date would be high and from then till September 30 (end of DV2019) isn't that long of a gap.

AOS application has to be adjudicated before September 30, right? Otherwise it moves onto DV2020?

Adjudicated no later than Sept. 30th - not ‘adjudicated before Sept. 30th’

Hi Mom, I am on a G-4 visa, which means my income is tax-exempt and I do not get W-2 or tax return forms. Is there anything I should include in my package instead, other than my bank statements and pay stubs from the past few months?

Can’t think of anything else outside of what you already listed.

Hi everyone,
I have few questions.
1. I just got an email from KCC stating that my DS260 showed that I would be doing AOS with the instruction to pay the DV fee if I am eligible to AOS. Is this normal?.
2. When I talked to USCIS long time back to check whether I am eligible to do AOS they told me that I am eligible as long as I am legally here. Did anyone check with USCIS whether you are eligible to do AOS or not?.

Thanks in advance!!

1. Yes that is normal. That is your 2NL, you can ignore the payment instructions if you already made the payment.

2. Waste of time, most selectees don’t bother to contact USCIS for that. Plus the AOS process spreadsheet already contain information on how to determine if one is AOS eligible or not.

And still no news re AOS approval? What a bummer. Well, at least you can safely travel now.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on with Chicago this year, I don't have any reason to not be approved but irrespective of the outcome, at least my timeline can be seen as an example of an outlier, and that individual experiences will always be different.

Maybe even some will learn from me and not make the same HUGE mistake I did by planning my own (second) wedding based on the previous timeline. I was literally only saved by AP, one week before voluntary abandonment.

Also by not processing by CP when their job will be substantially impacted by not being able travel overseas, as I also did.

Irrespective of the outcome, you, Suzie, Simon and Xanthuis all deserve a banquet in your honour. I'd be totally lost without this forum.

1. Yes that is normal. That is your 2NL, you can ignore the payment instructions if you already made the payment.

2. Waste of time, most selectees don’t bother to contact USCIS for that. Plus the AOS process spreadsheet already contain information on how to determine if one is AOS eligible or not.
Oh really. I got confused with the 2NL sample that Simon has in his website. Sorry, I thought I went through all the spread sheet and apparently I did not. This the 2NL that I have to attach with my AOS package?. Thank you so much for all the valuable information.

Hi Mom,

I sent my AOS package through FedEx on 05-March and it reached Chicago lock box on 06-March according to FedEx tracking.

Also I submitted Form G-1145 with the package to get notifications. But I did not receive any notification yet and also my checks have not been cashed.

Is this normal?

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with Chicago this year, I don't have any reason to not be approved but irrespective of the outcome, at least my timeline can be seen as an example of an outlier, and that individual experiences will always be different.

Maybe even some will learn from me and not make the same HUGE mistake I did by planning my own (second) wedding based on the previous timeline. I was literally only saved by AP, one week before voluntary abandonment.

Also by not processing by CP when their job will be substantially impacted by not being able travel overseas, as I also did.

Irrespective of the outcome, you, Suzie, Simon and Xanthuis all deserve a banquet in your honour. I'd be totally lost without this forum.

Hi,
First of all, congratulations on the wedding.
Second, after I read your post and your timeline, could it be your background check that is pending ? I am speculating, but at times, from what I have read it takes time for your background check to get cleared even if the interview was held.

Kind regards,

Hi,
First of all, congratulations on the wedding.
Second, after I read your post and your timeline, could it be your background check that is pending ? I am speculating, but at times, from what I have read it takes time for your background check to get cleared even if the interview was held.

Kind regards,
In the interview they told us that there was nothing pending. Could have been wrong though. Id imagine that the service requests and Congress inquiries would have told us it was pending.

Hello Everyone,
I recently contacted Congressman and here is the response from USCIS.

Thank you for your March 11th inquiry submitted on behalf of your constituents, XX and YY, regarding their pending Form(s) I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, based on their selection under the Diversity Visa program. We have received your request for expedited review and given it every consideration. A check of our systems, however, shows that the required case files for the adjudication are still en route to the Dallas Field Office. Until all files have been received and reviewed, we will not be able to make a decision on these cases. Please be aware that, once we have all files necessary for this adjudication, we will schedule your interview and you will receive notice of it by mail. Meanwhile, as the cases are still within the expected processing times as given by https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ , Ms. YY and her spouse may continue to patiently await the processing of their cases.

1. What can be the case files they are still waiting for?
2. Is there any way I can find out what files are they looking for?

We did our Infopass on Jan 15th, 2019, and Feb 4th, 2019, and at that time they told us that they already received our package on Dec 31st, 2018. They also requested our file from KCC on Jan 11th, 2019 and KCC forwarded our information on the same day.

1. Declaring an immigrant intent within 90 days of entering the US on a NIV May lead to a denial of your AOS petition.

2. See response 1 above - makes it difficult to answer your question 2 as is.

3. Your call. As long as you’re aware your medical exam cannot be older than 60 days as at the time of your AOS petition acceptance by USCIS.

Best bet is to postpone the trip.

Thank you for the advice, glad I haven't decided anything yet. I might as well go CP route since I really can't postpone my trip.

Hi Mom,

I sent my AOS package through FedEx on 05-March and it reached Chicago lock box on 06-March according to FedEx tracking.

Also I submitted Form G-1145 with the package to get notifications. But I did not receive any notification yet and also my checks have not been cashed.

Is this normal?

1. Check the timeline spreadsheet to find out how long on average it’s taken others to get the notification.
2. If yours appears outside of the processing time, there’s a possibility the Chicago Lockbox has rejected your package for some reason and it’s been sent back or will be sent back. You’ll need to wait a couple of weeks to get it back.

Hello Everyone,
I recently contacted Congressman and here is the response from USCIS.

Thank you for your March 11th inquiry submitted on behalf of your constituents, XX and YY, regarding their pending Form(s) I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, based on their selection under the Diversity Visa program. We have received your request for expedited review and given it every consideration. A check of our systems, however, shows that the required case files for the adjudication are still en route to the Dallas Field Office. Until all files have been received and reviewed, we will not be able to make a decision on these cases. Please be aware that, once we have all files necessary for this adjudication, we will schedule your interview and you will receive notice of it by mail. Meanwhile, as the cases are still within the expected processing times as given by https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ , Ms. YY and her spouse may continue to patiently await the processing of their cases.

1. What can be the case files they are still waiting for?
2. Is there any way I can find out what files are they looking for?

We did our Infopass on Jan 15th, 2019, and Feb 4th, 2019, and at that time they told us that they already received our package on Dec 31st, 2018. They also requested our file from KCC on Jan 11th, 2019 and KCC forwarded our information on the same day.

Call KCC and ask (again) if your KCC file has been requested by your FO and sent accordingly. Pretend like you’re calling for the first time - this way you get to verify if indeed the case file was sent on 1/11 as previously informed.

Call KCC and ask (again) if your KCC file has been requested by your FO and sent accordingly. Pretend like you’re calling for the first time - this way you get to verify if indeed the case file was sent on 1/11 as previously informed.
I emailed them and again called them once and both the time they told me that they already sent my file. Maybe USCIS didn't receive it or it was misplaced so, can I request them to send it again?

Thank you for the advice, glad I haven't decided anything yet. I might as well go CP route since I really can't postpone my trip.

As long as you’re aware of the fact that you definitely wouldn’t be scheduled for a CP interview in April if you switch over now (since you’re traveling in April). Possibility of getting a May date is equally pretty slim since you’re yet to submit your DS260 form to start.

If you’re open to staying back or making another trip when you get scheduled, then yes, go the CP route.

I emailed them and again called them once and both the time they told me that they already sent my file. Maybe USCIS didn't receive it or it was misplaced so, can I request them to send it again?

I don’t think you can make the request to KCC, they will not attend to such a request from you.

Your FO may be waiting on your background check. It’s also possible they merely said what they said about the case file still being enroute simply to get the Congress man/woman off their back while they take their time to schedule your interview.

Go on another INFOPASS and get them to clarify the case file they’re waiting for.

As long as you’re aware of the fact that you definitely wouldn’t be scheduled for a CP interview in April if you switch over now (since you’re traveling in April). Possibility of getting a May date is equally pretty slim since you’re yet to submit your DS260 form to start.

If you’re open to staying back or making another trip when you get scheduled, then yes, go the CP route.

Im in the same position as you. I havent sent in my Ds-160 in as yet as I need to travel to Mexico for 6 days at the end of the month. I thought submitting DS-160 for AOS wasnt a necessity if you weren't doing CP . Can I really not submit AOS when I get back in the country after a small trip out if I have a dual intent visa such as an 0-1. I think ill be going current in June

Im in the same position as you. I havent sent in my Ds-160 in as yet as I need to travel to Mexico for 6 days at the end of the month. I thought submitting DS-160 for AOS wasnt a necessity if you weren't doing CP . Can I really not submit AOS when I get back in the country after a small trip out if I have a dual intent visa such as an 0-1. I think ill be going current in June

1. DS160 is not the right form - this was previously pointed out to you.

2. I don’t think we’ve ever said you couldn’t submit an AOS package immediately following a trip outside the US.