• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

16 days after my interview, today, I got my EAD!! Does it mean that it is going to take a long time to approve my case?

EAD approval/receipt has nothing to do with the AOS interview or approval. They are two different cases, the processes are not dependent on one another.

Hi Guys,
I did not make it in this Bulletin just under my number 2019EU22xxx.

My question is if Europe go current, that means all CN pretty sure to get a chance for interview or it means all remainong CN can get the GC becuase there are enough?

Since this is AOS, I guess that is not sure you will get an interview but if so, that is sure there are enough visas for all CN?

I feel you. Hopefully I ll be in the next one.

2019EU21xxx

For anyone doing their Biometrics in Los Angeles at the ASC on Wilshire Blvd, I went in today as a walk-in. It was fine, they ended up processing me. I went in around 11:30AM and there wasn't very many people in there for all of the chairs they had.

The person at the desk asked for my ID and Letter - then stated my appointment wasn't until next week. I explained that I wanted to see if there were any available openings today to perform the Biometrics. She then passed my Letter and ID to an IO who then questioned why I was here earlier than my appointment. I stated the same thing that I was trying to see if there were any openings today. He then said it was fine, and I waited to be processed. All up the process from entering to leaving took no longer than 20 minutes. Was much quicker than I expected - I thought it was going to be a DMV type scenario.

Hope this feedback helps anyone processing in the LA area.

*Timeline updated as well. Now I wait for my Interview Letter. :)

For anyone doing their Biometrics in Los Angeles at the ASC on Wilshire Blvd, I went in today as a walk-in. It was fine, they ended up processing me. I went in around 11:30AM and there wasn't very many people in there for all of the chairs they had.

The person at the desk asked for my ID and Letter - then stated my appointment wasn't until next week. I explained that I wanted to see if there were any available openings today to perform the Biometrics. She then passed my Letter and ID to an IO who then questioned why I was here earlier than my appointment. I stated the same thing that I was trying to see if there were any openings today. He then said it was fine, and I waited to be processed. All up the process from entering to leaving took no longer than 20 minutes. Was much quicker than I expected - I thought it was going to be a DMV type scenario.

Hope this feedback helps anyone processing in the LA area.

*Timeline updated as well. Now I wait for my Interview Letter. :)
Now is the fun and anxious time - counting the days :)

What a nice surprise, I checked the Visa bulletin this morning and my number (AF2xxxx) will be current in May. Running a little behind but I'm making the DV fee payment today and scheduling my medical exam for later this month. Really excited because it's now starting to feel real even though I've been following this thread since I found out I was selected.

Good luck to all of us! :)

Hi - Im wondering when I send the AOS application in if I can also submit the form to apply for EAD and the i-131 form to apply to be able to leave the country , at the same time?
Just want to have the option to leave the country as I may need to take a short work trip during the processing stage , so wanted to apply for all 3 of those at the same time( AOS, EAD, i-131) as a safety barrier. Do you know if that is allowed or an issue if you apply for them but end up not using them?

thankyou!

Hi - Im wondering when I send the AOS application in if I can also submit the form to apply for EAD and the i-131 form to apply to be able to leave the country , at the same time?
Just want to have the option to leave the country as I may need to take a short work trip during the processing stage , so wanted to apply for all 3 of those at the same time( AOS, EAD, i-131) as a safety barrier. Do you know if that is allowed or an issue if you apply for them but end up not using them?

thankyou!

Previous response still applicable:
Response 1
Response 2

Thanks Mom.... so the i_131 can be submitted at the same time?/I know you said the EAD form can be but wasnt sure about the i-131 at the same time as well. Thanks so much again for all your help.

Last edited:
Thanks Mom.... so the i_131 can be submitted at the same time?/I know you said the EAD form can be but wasnt sure about the i-131 at the same time as well. Thanks so much again for all your help.

READ THE AOS PROCESS SPREADSHEET!

Im really sorry for constant questions ...Ive looked over it many times but I cant seem to get a straight answer about been able to travel during AOS process without an AP if I have a current o-1 visa I can re-enter on. Its a dual intent visa but not listed anywhere as one of the visas you can leave and re-enter the country with during AOS. Sorry to be annoying, I just l cant find an answer to this specific question on the spreadsheet unfortunately.

Im really sorry for constant questions ...Ive looked over it many times but I cant seem to get a straight answer about been able to travel during AOS process without an AP if I have a current o-1 visa I can re-enter on. Its a dual intent visa but not listed anywhere as one of the visas you can leave and re-enter the country with during AOS. Sorry to be annoying, I just l cant find an answer to this specific question on the spreadsheet unfortunately.

I don’t recall any of your past posts asking about this specific question. I wouldn’t have been referring you over and over to the AOS process spreadsheet for a specific question such as this - I put the spreadsheet together so I know exactly what it covers.

Traveling without an approved AP card while your AOS petition is pending will lead to it being considered abandoned and subsequently denied. Yes O-1 is a dual intent visa like H1B or L1/L2, the exception granted to those 2 visa types does not apply to O-1 - an approved AP card is required in this case.

Traveling without an approved AP card while your AOS petition is pending will lead to it being considered abandoned and subsequently denied. Yes O-1 is a dual intent visa like H1B or L1/L2, the exception granted to those 2 visa types does not apply to O-1 - an approved AP card is required in this case.
Thankyou very much for that info! Much appreciated.

Hi Mom,
I'm filling out my I-485 and I'm just wondering if I could mention in the current immigration status question that I have F1 status + an Asylum pending case? or I must just mention one status?
second question, I'm applying for me and my wife, can I do one check for both or I do two checks for each one of us?

Thanks

Hi Mom,
I'm filling out my I-485 and I'm just wondering if I could mention in the current immigration status question that I have F1 status + an Asylum pending case? or I must just mention one status?
second question, I'm applying for me and my wife, can I do one check for both or I do two checks for each one of us?

Thanks

You only mention whatever your current status is, you don’t have two different statuses you only have one.

You can issue one for both of you if you like, it is however advisable to issues separate checks for each person applying.