• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom

Our biometrics was scheduled on December 5th, and later on this day was declared as the National day of Mourning, and the USCIS didn't work.

We came as a "walk in" on December, 6th, and had our biometrics taken.

But some days ago we received a new letters from the USCIS where they scheduled a new (future) date to make the biometrics (December, 28th or smth like that).

Should I just ignore this letter and this
new appointment? Or is it better to come to the application support center (ASC) as a "walk-in" and kindly ask the officer if everything is fine or not?

The other thing here. I have registered with the USCIS web site and I still don't see any changes there about the biometrics taken.

Thank you!

Hi Mom

Our biometrics was scheduled on December 5th, and later on this day was declared as the National day of Mourning, and the USCIS didn't work.

We came as a "walk in" on December, 6th, and had our biometrics taken.

But some days ago we received a new letters from the USCIS where they scheduled a new (future) date to make the biometrics (December, 28th or smth like that).

Should I just ignore this letter and this
new appointment? Or is it better to come to the application support center (ASC) as a "walk-in" and kindly ask the officer if everything is fine or not?

The other thing here. I have registered with the USCIS web site and I still don't see any changes there about the biometrics taken.

Thank you!

You can ignore the new appointment date - I believe all those with a previously scheduled Dec. 5th appointment got rescheduled automatically. When you did the walk-in, did your bio notice get stamped and dated? If yes, you’re fine in that case. However, if you’re still having some doubt, you can return to the ASC and verify directly from them if you should maintain or ignore the new appointment.

Your online status will not change until after your interview.

You can ignore the new appointment date - I believe all those with a previously scheduled Dec. 5th appointment got rescheduled automatically. When you did the walk-in, did your bio notice get stamped and dated? If yes, you’re fine in that case. However, if you’re still having some doubt, you can return to the ASC and verify directly from them if you should maintain or ignore the new appointment.

Yeah

Yeah, our biometrics notices were stamped and dated by the officer who controls and organizes the line to the computers.

And our USCIS online status is kind of strange: "Fingerprint fee was received". Having such details in the status I was hoping that it should change to something like "Fingerprints have been taken"...

Yeah, our biometrics notices were stamped and dated by the officer who controls and organizes the line to the computers.

And our USCIS online status is kind of strange: "Fingerprint fee was received". Having such details in the status I was hoping that it should change to something like "Fingerprints have been taken"...

The online status is not strange. Fingerprint fee was received is what it will remain as. That’s always been the practice.

Thanks for your reply.

To be more specific, my visa, E3, does not require an ead, so would entering the country with advance parole and not having any ead prevent me from working?

Nope, not having an AOS based EAD card will not prevent you from continuing in your current role, although your admission status becomes “adjustment pending”.

The downside to being in an adjustment pending status is that should your AOS petition get denied for some reason, you will no longer have a valid status to remain in the US or to continue working from that point onward.

Hello Mom,
Earlier this week I went to the interview and got approved. My husband also got approved but the officer said my husband will have to wait because there is another file in Texas he (the officer) needs to see regarding my husband. He was referring to an I-140 petition my husband workplace submitted a few months ago. The offices said that he doesn't know what this file is about and he needs to see what it was before he approves. He said it should take a week or so.
Today we got a letter from USCIS regarding my husband I-140 that said additional evidence is required and we have 60 days to reply.
I guess the timing is a coincidence but it made us very nervous and we wanted to know how should we proceed:
1. Can we just ignore the request and wait for his DV welcome letter?
2. Is there any other action we should take?
3. Can this request effect my husband DV green card in any way?

Best regards
B

Hello Mom,
Earlier this week I went to the interview and got approved. My husband also got approved but the officer said my husband will have to wait because there is another file in Texas he (the officer) needs to see regarding my husband. He was referring to an I-140 petition my husband workplace submitted a few months ago. The offices said that he doesn't know what this file is about and he needs to see what it was before he approves. He said it should take a week or so.
Today we got a letter from USCIS regarding my husband I-140 that said additional evidence is required and we have 60 days to reply.
I guess the timing is a coincidence but it made us very nervous and we wanted to know how should we proceed:

Best regards
B

1. I wouldn’t ignore the RFI if I was in your shoes, your DV based AOS petition is yet to be approved.

2. See 1.

3. I don’t know what they’re asking for or what’s in his I-140, so I can’t speculate or give reassurance on what may or may not happen.

Hello Mom,

Best regards
B
Hey Bobby.

I was wondering where your FO is located.
Nope, not having an AOS based EAD card will not prevent you from continuing in your current role, although your admission status becomes “adjustment pending”.

The downside to being in an adjustment pending status is that should your AOS petition get denied for some reason, you will no longer have a valid status to remain in the US or to continue working from that point onward.

Thanks mom. I'm aware of what entering with advance parole means for my application and will cross the bridge if it comes.

The reason I'm asking is that we need to travel at the end of March. I didn't see one Chicago based application current in October be processed anywhere close to it, so I'm not going to start getting all worked up about it just yet. It's still early days.

I don't know what I'd do without this forum, you and the other moderators and especially the timelines. So thanks again for everything.

1. I wouldn’t ignore the RFI if I was in your shoes, your DV based AOS petition is yet to be approved.

2. See 1.

3. I don’t know what they’re asking for or what’s in his I-140, so I can’t speculate or give reassurance on what may or may not happen.

Hi Mom,
Thank you for the reply. Since I sent the message in the afternoon my husband status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".
Does that mean we can ignore the letter for the "additional evidence is required" for my husband I-140?
Thanks you

Hi Mom,
Thank you for the reply. Since I sent the message in the afternoon my husband status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".
Does that mean we can ignore the letter for the "additional evidence is required" for my husband I-140?
Thanks you

That’s great news. Wait until you receive the GC, then send in a withdrawal notice for the I-140 petition. Or you can ignore the RFE.

I didn't keep track of all the dates...

You can guesstimate the dates though. Knowing the name of your FO, when your AOS package was submitted, interview notification, interview date, approval date, are the most critical information that could be of use to someone else.

Hi,
Send everything back as is

Thank you, Mom.
The re-submit package has been accepted on 10th, December and we also received NOA. Could I have a question about the excepted time receiving interview NOA date after Bio collection? I do the Bio in the first week of December, is there any possibility to received the interview NOA before the end of December?

Hi,

Thank you, Mom.
The re-submit package has been accepted on 10th, December and we also received NOA. Could I have a question about the excepted time receiving interview NOA date after Bio collection? I do the Bio in the first week of December, is there any possibility to received the interview NOA before the end of December?

I don’t know when you’re likely to receive your interview NL, it all depends on your FO and their current workload. Use the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of when your interview could possibly take place.