• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi mom, im preparing my withdrawal letter and I have a question .

1. Is it enough just to mention that I’m withdrawing it, the reason for withdrawal and include NOA copy and biometrics letter copy?
And send to my FO where I went for biometrics.

2. How long will it take to accept that and withdraw?

Thank a lot mom.

Hi mom, im preparing my withdrawal letter and I have a question .

1. Is it enough just to mention that I’m withdrawing it, the reason for withdrawal and include NOA copy and biometrics letter copy?
And send to my FO where I went for biometrics.

2. How long will it take to accept that and withdraw?

Thank a lot mom.

1. Yes.
Your FO is most likely not where your bio was done, bio is usually done at the ASC. Use this link to locate the FO with jurisdiction over your petition.

2. I don’t know precisely how long it could take - maybe one or two months.

p.s. I suggest you send the withdraw letter by certified mail, that way you have an immediate proof you sent in a request for the petition to be withdrawn.

Last edited:
Hi, My G-28 form got rejected because my attorney forgot to fill something in the form. I did not know that my G-28 got rejected almost 2 months ago and I just found out when I was checking my status in the USCIS tracking website. Right now I am not represented by my attorney. Is this going to cause any delays in my case? BTW, I have done my bio recently.

Hi, My G-28 form got rejected because my attorney forgot to fill something in the form. I did not know that my G-28 got rejected almost 2 months ago and I just found out when I was checking my status in the USCIS tracking website. Right now I am not represented by my attorney. Is this going to cause any delays in my case? BTW, I have done my bio recently.

Having an attorney represent you wasn’t going to expedite your petition in the first place.

1. Yes.
Your FO is most likely not where your bio was done, bio is usually done at the ASC. Use this link to locate the FO with jurisdiction over your petition.

2. I don’t know precisely how long it could take - maybe one or two months.

p.s. I suggest you send the withdraw letter by certified mail, that way you have an immediate proof you sent in a request for the petition to be withdrawn.

ok i will send by certified mail. thanks mom

Mom, Is it ok to file tax return using a website like taxslayer? Most of my friends use that. But I’m not sure if it’s legal and won’t be a problem to lottery process.

Mom, Is it ok to file tax return using a website like taxslayer? Most of my friends use that. But I’m not sure if it’s legal and won’t be a problem to lottery process.

The product or process used in tax filing is irrelevant to the DV process as long as you’re able to get your tax returns/tax transcripts directly from the IRS website or by mail from the IRS.

Hi Mom, our (my wife + 2 kids under 13) bio is scheduled for next week we but plan to do a walk-in. Do we have to all go in together or can we each go on our own times/dates as long as we complete the bios before the appointment date?

Hi Mom, our (my wife + 2 kids under 13) bio is scheduled for next week we but plan to do a walk-in. Do we have to all go in together or can we each go on our own times/dates as long as we complete the bios before the appointment date?

You’re not required to attend bio appointment together.

Went to the interview today. Here is our story:
Though we had a low CN number which we knew will be current in October we only started the process in late September.
Lucky, we had almost all of the documents we needed (This didn't make the process any less stressful).
We were fortunate to get the 2NL only one day after we sent the DS-260, and it took us two more weeks to prepare the I-485 package. Since we have 3 kids we had a lot of forms to fill and to file.
Our interviews were scheduled less than two months from when we send the I-485.
The interview itself was actually very nice.
We came with all of our kids and the IO officer kept joking with them.
She asked for our passports, SNN cards and Driver's Licenses.
We had a small correction we wanted to make in our I-485 form and she was very helpful with it.
On our way back home we got a text our case has been updated and when we got home I checked the USCIS status update and got the "New card is being produced" msg. so all is good :)
A big thank you to all on this forum for their advice, we are very grateful to all of you who gave up their time and knowledge, especially @Sm1smom
Good luck to all who are still waiting to be processed.

DV2019AS00000XXX
September 27th - sent DV processing fee
October 1st 2018 - Sent DS-260 letting them know we're doing AOS
October 2nd 2018 Got the 2NL via email (After only 1 day!)
October 3rd - Went to the Doctor for an I-693 form and did blood test
October 9th - Got the DV Processing fee receipt
October 9th - Got sealed envelopes with form I-693 from the Doctor
October 16th - Sent the AOS package to the Chicago lockbox
October 17th - Got a text msg from UPS the package was delivered
October 26th - USCIS deposited the checks for the I-485 forms
October 27th - (12:30am!) Got a text msg saying our case was accepted
November 1st - Got the NOA letter
November 1st - Created an online account for status updates with the NOA receipts numbers
November 2nd - Got the Biometrics appointment letters
November 15th - Did the Biometrics
November 21st - Got the interview letters
December 13th - Did the Interview
December 13th - Card is being produced

Though we had a low CN number which we knew will be current in October we only started the process in late September.
Lucky, we had almost all of the documents we needed (This didn't make the process any less stressful).
We were fortunate to get the 2NL only one day after we sent the DS-260, and it took us two more weeks to prepare the I-485 package. Since we have 3 kids we had a lot of forms to fill and to file.
We had a small correction we wanted to make in our I-485 form and she was very helpful with it.
On our way back home we got a text our case has been updated and when we got home I checked the USCIS status update and got the "New card is being produced" msg. so all is good :)
A big thank you to all on this forum for their advice, we are very grateful to all of you who gave up their time and knowledge, especially @Sm1smom

DV2019AS00000XXX
November 1st - Created an online account for status updates with the NOA receipts numbers

Great news. Congratulations. Hopefully I'll be posting something similar soon :)

DV2019AS00000XXX

Awesome! Congratulations.

Hi everyone,

I am planning to go with the AOS process and I am wondering if I still need to send DS-260 form?

Thanks!

Hello Mom:
On filling the addresses on i-485 am coming from a country that we don't use the street name and number rather we have P. O. BOXES is it appropriate to put the postal address at the street name or what can I do?

If we enter the country with advance parole, can we continue work on the basis of our previous status, or do we need to work with a "status pending" EAD?

Hello Mom:
On filling the addresses on i-485 am coming from a country that we don't use the street name and number rather we have P. O. BOXES is it appropriate to put the postal address at the street name or what can I do?

Are you saying the streets are not named, or that you use P.O.Boxes for mailing purpose? We’ve had selectees from TZ in this forum in the past, and none of them had any difficulty with putting down their home address on the DS260 form.