• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
im also a winner who filed early. but I didn't know that I should withdraw my petition. I was waiting for it to be denied automatically and refile when I'm current. I think my number will be current in this months bulletin (December). now I'm freaking out after seeing your comment on above post. what should I do? wait or withdraw? please help mom

Hi Mom,
im also a winner who filed early. but I didn't know that I should withdraw my petition. I was waiting for it to be denied automatically and refile when I'm current. I think my number will be current in this months bulletin (December). now I'm freaking out after seeing your comment on above post. what should I do? wait or withdraw? please help mom

What is your CN and when did you file?

AS4*** is my CN. I filed in June.

So you had already filed in June when you put up the below post in July?

If I do AOS when its current in middle of 2019 ( around April ) , still it will take few months to process the case through USCIS... its a bit stressful thing to think what happens if it still not process the case until September passed. Have you seen any such cases ?

Anyway, you can either wait until the petition gets denied or withdraw the petition now. You can’t submit a new petition while the current one is pending.

Hello
1. I am selected in DV-2019. I have no job, but my husband works. Will he be my sponsor, or are we going together as a family and his income is also considered mine?
2. We came to the USA in 2016 and got Medicaid for our young child. Could Medicaid Cause Rejection?

Thank you!

Hi Mom,

I just found out I made a mistake in one of the Yes/No question on the I-485 form I sent two months ago.
On question 49 I said yes when asked if I ever received any type of military paramilitary or weapons training - which is true because I come from a country with a mandatory service and I provided proof for that and for my military service.

But on Question 55 - which is: "Have you ever served in, been a member of, assisted or participated in any military unit, paramilitary unit, police unit, self-defense unit, vigilante unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, militia, insurgent organization, or any other armed grow?"
I wrote NO...
Since I provided the documents for my military service It's obvious I wasn't trying to hide anything. (I guess at the time I was thinking they are talking about terrorist groups and not the military...)

My questions are:
1. Is this a serious problem?
2. If the officer will ask me about this in the interview does saying it was a honest mistake (which is true) will be a good enough answer?
3. Will the officer let me to correct this during the interview?
4. If the officer will not notice this, should I point it out and tell him I did a mistake and I want to correct it?
Thank you in advance!

So you had already filed in June when you put up the below post in July?

Anyway, you can either wait until the petition gets denied or withdraw the petition now. You can’t submit a new petition while the current one is pending.

Yes mom I thought it will get denied sooner and will re apply for AOS. thats why I asked that question. However do you think that still it will get denied after my number is current? Or am I safe after being current? If so I can wait without withdrawing.

Hi Mom,

I just found out I made a mistake in one of the Yes/No question on the I-485 form I sent two months ago.
On question 49 I said yes when asked if I ever received any type of military paramilitary or weapons training - which is true because I come from a country with a mandatory service and I provided proof for that and for my military service.

But on Question 55 - which is: "Have you ever served in, been a member of, assisted or participated in any military unit, paramilitary unit, police unit, self-defense unit, vigilante unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, militia, insurgent organization, or any other armed grow?"
I wrote NO...
Since I provided the documents for my military service It's obvious I wasn't trying to hide anything. (I guess at the time I was thinking they are talking about terrorist groups and not the military...)

My questions are:
1. Is this a serious problem?
2. If the officer will ask me about this in the interview does saying it was a honest mistake (which is true) will be a good enough answer?
3. Will the officer let me to correct this during the interview?
4. If the officer will not notice this, should I point it out and tell him I did a mistake and I want to correct it?
Thank you in advance!

1. No
2. Truthfully nswering any question asked is always a god idea.
3. Yes
4. Yes

Yes mom I thought it will get denied sooner and will re apply for AOS. thats why I asked that question. However do you think that still it will get denied after my number is current? Or am I safe after being current? If so I can wait without withdrawing.

The petition will be denied. If it gets erroneously approved, your GC will be revoked when you apply for naturalization as they will realize the GC shouldn’t have been approved when it was.

The petition will be denied. If it gets erroneously approved, your GC will be revoked when you apply for naturalization as they will realize the GC shouldn’t have been approved when it was.
So I will loose it? I don’t want that to happen mom. How long does it take to withdraw petitions. I’m confused of what to do.

So I will loose it? I don’t want that to happen mom. How long does it take to withdraw petitions. I’m confused of what to do.

I don’t get what you mean about being confused on what to do when I’ve clearly told you more than once you need to withdraw the petition in order to process. Seems to me like you’re kind of hoping it gets approved even after I’ve already explained the consequences if that were to happen.

I don’t get what you mean about being confused on what to do when I’ve clearly told you more than once you need to withdraw the petition in order to process. Seems to me like you’re kind of hoping it gets approved even after I’ve already explained the consequences if that were to happen.
I got you. Will withdraw ASAP

Hi Mom.
Thank you for your answers, but I have a few more questions.
1. I don't have job, but my husband works. Will he be my sponsor? Or is his income considered common to the family?
2. We came to the USA in 2016 and received Medicaid for our young child. Can the availability of Medicaid influence a green card decision?

Hi Mom.
Thank you for your answers, but I have a few more questions.
1. I don't have job, but my husband works. Will he be my sponsor? Or is his income considered common to the family?
2. We came to the USA in 2016 and received Medicaid for our young child. Can the availability of Medicaid influence a green card decision?

1. Your spouse’s income will be jointly considered for the family. However, if your husband’s income is below the poverty guideline level applicable to the number of people in your family, then you should look into getting a third party to act as your sponsor.

2. That’s a possibility. Go through This thread for more insight.

By the way, an unrelated question: I recall you posted you made your $330 DV processing fee a whille back - did you pay just for yourself, or your payment included your husband and your child?

If I refuse a Medicaid can this help? Or is it too late to do it? I am worrying a lot.

Yes, I paid 330 dollars for each family member. Thanks you!

If I refuse a Medicaid can this help? Or is it too late to do it? I am worrying a lot.

Yes, I paid 330 dollars for each family member. Thanks you!

Getting off Medicaid now is not a bad idea, it however will not undo the fact that you’ve used it in the past should the IO decide to make an issue of it.

I was selected in DV-2019 while awaiting political asylum. In this case, the new rules also concern me? What do you think?

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

I send it above address
Thanks in advance

Hey Wonderfulday - I'm interested to know if you where able to resolve this issue that you have with the DOS with regards to DOS Payment. please let me know! Thanks