• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Dear Mom,

Can you advise me please. Is it reasonable to call on the USCIS hotline to ask about the case status?

On the site I only see that "biometrics fee was taken".

We have a biometrics taken on December, 6th, and I want to ask them about the current situation: was the background check completed, etc. Some people already received invitation to the interview due to the forum messages.

Merry Christmas, forumers! Thanks everyone and especially Mom for being responsive and helpful! Thanks to Mom many of us will receive GCs in 2019.

Dear Mom,

Can you advise me please. Is it reasonable to call on the USCIS hotline to ask about the case status?

On the site I only see that "biometrics fee was taken".

We have a biometrics taken on December, 6th, and I want to ask them about the current situation: was the background check completed, etc. Some people already received invitation to the interview due to the forum messages.

You can call the customer service line if you like, truth is you will not get any useful information or anything different from what you already see as your case status online.

You need to exercise some patience, and not start stressing about reports from those who already received IL. Use the timeline spreadsheets to see how long it typically takes to get the IL, especially from someone else also from your FO. Interviews are scheduled by the FOs, and the timing differs from one FO to another.

Hi everyone! My wife and I are in US, California, and I was selected in DV 2019. My status asylum pending since 2016. In January I am going to send I-485 form for AOS. Is anybody have gone this process and was it successful? My lawyer seid there is no successful case so far.

Hi MON
Thank you so much for the spreadsheet.
It helps à Lot.
But I still have some questions
When do I need to pay the processing fee ?
When my case number is available in the VB?
Or can I pay before my case number is available in the VB?
To determine that I am eligible to adjust a statut do my case number need to be available in the VB?
Thank you

Hi everyone! My wife and I are in US, California, and I was selected in DV 2019. My status asylum pending since 2016. In January I am going to send I-485 form for AOS. Is anybody have gone this process and was it successful? My lawyer seid there is no successful case so far.

Your lawyer said no DV selectee has successfully gone through the AOS process to date? All I can say is your lawyer is clueless and is not worth whatever it is you’re paying him/her.

Hi MON
Thank you so much for the spreadsheet.
It helps à Lot.
But I still have some questions
When do I need to pay the processing fee ?
When my case number is available in the VB?
Or can I pay before my case number is available in the VB?
To determine that I am eligible to adjust a statut do my case number need to be available in the VB?
Thank you

1. Yes you can make the DV administrative now (before CN comes up on the VB) if you’re able to determine how soon your CN is likely to become current. Just be aware of the fact that if your CN is on the high side and ends up not being current by the end of the FY, there will be no refund.

2. The AOS process spreadsheet covers AOS eligibility criteria. I suggest you take another look at it again - pay attention to the “AOS FAQ” tab on the spreadsheet - it is the first query dealt with on that tab as a matter of fact.

Your lawyer said no DV selectee has successfully gone through the AOS process to date? All I can say is your lawyer is clueless and is not worth whatever it is you’re paying him/her.
Thank you Sm1smom ! You are giving me chance.))) Yes, the Lawyer said he checked all report bases with cases and no success so far. He also had unsuccessful experience in DV 2018 , so he said - let's just keep trying... My
visa bulletin number 76xx. I live in Los Angeles. Can it help in my case? Thank you so much!!!))

Last edited:
Thank you Sm1smom ! You are giving me chance.))) Yes, the Lawyer said he checked all report bases with cases and no success so far. He also had unsuccessful experience in DV 2018 , so he said - let's just keep trying... My
visa bulletin number 76xx. I live in Los Angeles. Can it help in my case? Thank you so much!!!))
Your lawyer is talking nonsense. Do you really want to trust him to continue with this part of your case?

Is your lawyer saying he hasn’t seen or heard of any successful DV based AOS petition; or what he’s saying is with regards to selectees in the US with asylum status? Whatever the situation is, I still say he can’t be a good lawyer if he’s making all these crazy statements.

Your CN as written above is useless to us without the region included. I can’t tell you if it can “help your case”.

What was your status when you filed for asylum? If you were already out of status when you filed for asylum, you will not be eligible for a DV based AOS filing.

There are 7 years worth of success stories on this forum, of DV based AOS cases going through, including asylum ones. Most of the people posting seem to report an eventual success with the process, unless they run out of time which is super unfortunate.

You can get hope from Mom but you can get even more hope by finding the old AOS forums and using the search function in them. Type "asylum" and you should find all the posts made by people exactly in your position. I can see 2 successful asylum pending cases in the 2018 timeline.

As I can see, there is nothing to do wrong, the most important to do quickly, right?

You don’t think this lawyer can wrongly impact your petition but can quicken the process or did I misread your response?

FYI: no lawyer, no matter how good they are (talk less of one that is clueless re DV based AOS petitions) can make this a quick process.

Is your lawyer saying he hasn’t seen or heard of any successful DV based AOS petition; or what he’s saying is with regards to selectees in the US with asylum status? Whatever the situation is, I still say he can’t be a good lawyer if he’s making all these crazy statements.

Your CN as written above is useless to us without the region included. I can’t tell you if it can “help your case”.

What was your status when you filed for asylum? If you were already out of status when you filed for asylum, you will not be eligible for a DV based AOS filing.
He saying, he hasn't seen any successful DV based AOS petition with asylum status. 2019EU 76xx. the region is Russia.

We entered as a tourist. After one month as we have entered we opened asylum case

Thank you!!!!!

You don’t think this lawyer can wrongly impact your petition but can quicken the process or did I misread your response?

FYI: no lawyer, no matter how good they are (talk less of one that is clueless re DV based AOS petitions) can make this a quick process.
I mean to don't waste the time, of course the lawyer can't speed up the process

I guess the first))

And yet you know he has already failed with asylum based DV. Curious, what do you expect him to be doing to assist your case that you can’t do yourself?
Out of interest, what is supposed to be his speciality - asylum?

And yet you know he has already failed with asylum based DV. Curious, what do you expect him to be doing to assist your case that you can’t do yourself?
Out of interest, what is supposed to be his speciality - asylum?
Yes, as I know, he is a very good asylum lawyer. And yes, he has failed DV 2018 based asylum. But as he mentioned, they have sent AOS in July and the Office responded deny in October. And I don't know which number of DV they have had. As we can see, based on visa bulletin number 2018, only below 26000 were able to AOS. Am I correct?