• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

I don’t know when you’re likely to receive your interview NL, it all depends on your FO and their current workload. Use the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of when your interview could possibly take place.

Thank you! I will follow up the spreadsheets and provide my dates after complete all steps.

Thank you! I will follow up the spreadsheets and provide my dates after complete all steps.

Provide the updates on the spreadsheet NOW as against waiting until until when you actually complete the process is a lot more helpful to others currently going through the process for the 2019 FY. So I suggest you consider making the updates now.

Hi Mom,

My case status online says that my fingerpeint has been completed and that we are working on your i485 at our National Bemefit Center. And that we will let you know if we need anything.

Question: can NBC issue an rfe or only the FO can do that?

Hi Mom,

My case status online says that my fingerpeint has been completed and that we are working on your i485 at our National Bemefit Center. And that we will let you know if we need anything.

Question: can NBC issue an rfe or only the FO can do that?

The FO.

Hi Mom.

I saw from last year that one guy had his case rejected / denied due to early filing, yet he already received an NOA.

He then re-filed an application with the same case number and was successful.

I'm wondering what kind of denials there are, and what factors allow one to recycle their case number in a given year? This guy was able to re-file
after October with the same case number and still get his green card.

Is getting denied at the interview and getting denied due to early filing a "different" kind of denial? I would imagine that being denied at the interview would preclude someone from using the same DV case number again if they had the time.

Hi Mom.

I saw from last year that one guy had his case rejected / denied due to early filing, yet he already received an NOA.

He then re-filed an application with the same case number and was successful.

I'm wondering what kind of denials there are, and what factors allow one to recycle their case number in a given year? This guy was able to re-file
after October with the same case number and still get his green card.

Is getting denied at the interview and getting denied due to early filing a "different" kind of denial? I would imagine that being denied at the interview would preclude someone from using the same DV case number again if they had the time.

A denied petition may be re-filed - it all depends on the reason for the denial. There are numerous reasons that can lead to a denial, I’m sorry I don’t have the time to start listing them. I however already addressed one of the common denial reasons - early filing - on the AOS spreadsheet and several posts in the forum. Here’s what is written on the spreadsheet with regards to a denial due to early filing:

If your FO denies your petition with or without an interview due to early filing, you have the option of filing again starting from the 1st day of the month for which your CN is current (assuming time is not a factor to contend with). You will however have to make a new payment, and may have to redo the medical exam.

Obviously if the denial is due to misrepresentation or being found ineligible to file AOS for instance, re-filing (as in resubmitting the same petition) is not applicable in that case.

Are you saying the streets are not named, or that you use P.O.Boxes for mailing purpose? We’ve had selectees from TZ in this forum in the past, and none of them had any difficulty with putting down their home address on the DS260 form.
My hometown streets are not named. We just use box offices. In some towns they are named but in rural areas none.

Hi Mom,

1. I have the F-1 status, EU25xxx CN, which means that my cut-off will be in August or even September. Does it also mean the chances that I get my GC using AOS are very tiny due to long processing times, and it is absolutely not wise to do? Would you rather recommend me going back to my home country and get the card through CP instead?
2. I sent my DS-260 (and nothing else) in May, but I haven't received any email back. Is it expected that should have received my 2NL?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

1. I have the F-1 status, EU25xxx CN, which means that my cut-off will be in August or even September. Does it also mean the chances that I get my GC using AOS are very tiny due to long processing times, and it is absolutely not wise to do? Would you rather recommend me going back to my home country and get the card through CP instead?
2. I sent my DS-260 (and nothing else) in May, but I haven't received any email back. Is it expected that should have received my 2NL?

Thank you!

1. It means you have a shorter timeframe to complete the process and get approved. I don’t know if it is absolutely not wise or not for you to process AOS in that case - we’ve had quite a number of selectees whose CNs became current in September and successfully completed the process. Past AOS threads contains posts from those people. I can’t recommend the route best suited for you, I don’t know anything about you, your specific case or situation. That’s a call you’ll have to make on your own.

2. Have you been checking your spam box? It’s also KCC is yet to send it, I have to say 6 months is unusually long. Did you select AOS on the DS260 form?

Hi Mom,

I can two questions, could you answer them please.

1)
I checked the "Timelines" tab for the first time. I see the column named "Acceptance - Bio received (days)". What does that mean? We had a bio appointment on December 5th (USCIS was closed), came as a walk-in on December, 6th. We had a NOA for biometrics again for December, 24th, possibly because of automatic reschedule. I visited them last week and get approval that we don't need to attend on December, 24th and everything is fine.

But I haven't receive any "Acceptance notification" yet. Does it come by mail?

2)
I see that someone above on this thread of the forum mentioned that their case status is
"My case status online says that my fingerpeint has been completed and that we are working on your i485 at our National Bemefit Center now."

So it looks like the statuses are changing, not only "Fingerprints fee has been taken", right?

Hi Mom,

1)
I checked the "Timelines" tab for the first time. I see the column named "Acceptance - Bio received (days)". What does that mean? We had a bio appointment on December 5th (USCIS was closed), came as a walk-in on December, 6th. We had a NOA for biometrics again for December, 24th, possibly because of automatic reschedule. I visited them last week and get approval that we don't need to attend on December, 24th and everything is fine.

Look at what spreadsheet is doing. That column shows time difference between "Acceptance Text or E-mail" date for your AOS package and "Bio Letter Received Date".

2)
I see that someone above on this thread of the forum mentioned that their case status is
"My case status online says that my fingerpeint has been completed and that we are working on your i485 at our National Bemefit Center now."

So it looks like the statuses are changing, not only "Fingerprints fee has been taken", right?

For some people they're changing, for some of them they are not. Mine changed to "Fingerprint review was completed" after few weeks. Either way those statuses are not really meaningful.

Hi Mom,

1)

2)

What he said above ^^^

Hi Mom.
I fill out the form i-485, please help me answer one question. Thank you very much!
"Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document"
How can I answer this question if my passport is stolen, with which I last traveled? Date of theft?
Should I attach a copy of the police report in the package of documents AOS?
Thank you so much!

Hi Mom.
I fill out the form i-485, please help me answer one question. Thank you very much!
"Expiration Date of this Passport or Travel Document"
How can I answer this question if my passport is stolen, with which I last traveled? Date of theft?
Should I attach a copy of the police report in the package of documents AOS?
Thank you so much!

If you don’t have a copy where you can pull up that information from, then try and guess the expiration date. Think back to the month/year in which the passport was issued, how long was it supposed to be valid for -5yrs? 10yrs? Make a close expiration guesstimate date.

Yes you’ll need to attach an explanatory note about the passport being stolen and the applicable police report.

As in a letter.
Thanks for your quick replies! This is very valuable to me!

I need to translate some of my documents into English. Does the translation have to be made by a translator with a license, or can this be done, for example, by my friend, who speaks fluent English and also knows my native language?

Provide the updates on the spreadsheet NOW as against waiting until until when you actually complete the process is a lot more helpful to others currently going through the process for the 2019 FY. So I suggest you consider making the updates now.

Ok! I will update later after a couple of days.
I directly fill the dates up on spreadsheet, right?

Thank you.

Thanks for your quick replies! This is very valuable to me!

I need to translate some of my documents into English. Does the translation have to be made by a translator with a license, or can this be done, for example, by my friend, who speaks fluent English and also knows my native language?

Your friend can do the translation. He/she will need to include a certified statement attesting to their fluency in both English and your native language with the translation.