• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Mine is Taiwan, my spouse is from the mainland China

Okay. Reach out to your Congress person for help in following up with your case. Bear in mind they can’t compel USCIS to decide on your case if background check clearance is still pending

Thank you Mom, I'll do that.
Appreciate it.
Hi Sean,
Looks like we're on the same boat here...the minorities who didn't get approved on the spot and didn't get CPO update after weeks.
I'm also from Asia Region. On F1 visa, never fall out of the status. I'm also pretty sure that my background is clean.
I'm even by myself, no one else as my dependent on the case...so no relationship issues to prove either.
Anyway, I try to understand why my case gets stuck.
So I called the FBI customer services line and tried to find out whether they have sent the background check results back to the USCIS.
The lady was really nice, but she couldn't provide me any details on the USCIS request.
However, she recommended that we can do our own background check.
She told me that the results would be the same with what USCIS sees.
Please also see attached for the instructions that the FBI lady emailed me.

My plan is to obtain my background check to make sure that there is nothing funny in it before I go to the congressman. Maybe have the congressman attach the results with the inquiry to USCIS?? This might or might not help, but it's just my personal opinion.

I'm not sure why it takes so long for USCIS to clear the background check. According to FBI website, Identity History Summary requests submitted electronically is estimated to be three to five business days upon receipt of the fingerprint card. Normally, the time from when you complete the biometrics collection to the interview date is way longer than that.

I'm really glad we have this community to help one another out. Thanks everyone for contributions.
Before we get GCs in our hands, hold tight and hang in there!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 5.36.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 5.36.41 PM.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 28
Hi Sean,
Looks like we're on the same boat here...the minorities who didn't get approved on the spot and didn't get CPO update after weeks.
I'm also from Asia Region. On F1 visa, never fall out of the status. I'm also pretty sure that my background is clean.
I'm even by myself, no one else as my dependent on the case...so no relationship issues to prove either.
So I called the FBI customer services line and tried to find out whether they have sent the background check results back to the USCIS.
The lady was really nice, but she couldn't provide me any details on the USCIS request.

My plan is to obtain my background check to make sure that there is nothing funny in it before I go to the congressman. Maybe have the congressman attach the results with the inquiry to USCIS?? This might or might not help, but it's just my personal opinion.

I'm not sure why it takes so long for USCIS to clear the background check. According to FBI website, Identity History Summary requests submitted electronically is estimated to be three to five business days upon receipt of the fingerprint card. Normally, the time from when you complete the biometrics collection to the interview date is way longer than that.

I'm really glad we have this community to help one another out. Thanks everyone for contributions.

Unfortunately when it comes to immigration background checks, it is much more detailed than the basic background check response you’ll get from the FBI when you initiate a background check on your own contrary to what the FBI customer service agent told you. The background check also expands beyond the FBI depending on what the initial check reveals.

Here’s a link to a 2014 post I put up regarding Immigration Background Check - I encourage you to go through for a better understanding of the process. Yes the initial post was addressed to a CPer, the overall content however is applicable to AOSers also.

So even if your Congress person’s office is willing to forward your self obtained background check report, I’m afraid it will move no needle as far as USCIS is concerned when it comes to pending background check clearance

Hi Sean,

Thanks Nichk, really appreciate for the info.
Seems that I'm not the only one to go through the complicated process.
Hope we can both get our GC approved in time. Finger crossed!

Unfortunately when it comes to immigration background checks, it is much more detailed than the basic background check response you’ll get from the FBI when you initiate a background check on your own contrary to what the FBI customer service agent told you. The background check also expands beyond the FBI depending on what the initial check reveals.

Here’s a link to a 2014 post I put up regarding Immigration Background Check - I encourage you to go through for a better understanding of the process. Yes the initial post was addressed to a CPer, the overall content however is applicable to AOSers also.

So even if your Congress person’s office is willing to forward your self obtained background check report, I’m afraid it will move no needle as far as USCIS is concerned when it comes to pending background check clearance

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the link, I'm looking at it now.
I though I see a memo or an information posted online before that if the background check last more than 120 days or more, the petitioner will automatically get the GC.
If there's anything wrong with the background check, the USCIS has the right to revoke the GC.
Is this info is correct or not?
Can this rule apply to the DV selectee?
Thanks

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the link, I'm looking at it now.
I though I see a memo or an information posted online before that if the background check last more than 120 days or more, the petitioner will automatically get the GC.
If there's anything wrong with the background check, the USCIS has the right to revoke the GC.
Is this info is correct or not?
Can this rule apply to the DV selectee?
Thanks

That used to be the case several years back, USCIS stopped doing that a long time ago. Right now, there are several non DV based AOSers (family/employment based) pending approval close to one year or more due to pending background check clearance as a matter of fact.

The truth is this current administration will not even allow that if that was still the case as a matter of fact.

Hi everyone! We just got an email from USCIS regarding our representative's inquire and it says our i-485 "is currently pending adjudication". Does anyone know what does that mean? As a reminder, we were current in October, did bio beginning December, had to withdraw an i360 in March, and since then nothing happened. What do you think "pending adjudication" says about our chances of getting an IL soon?

Thanks!

Hi everyone! We just got an email from USCIS regarding our representative's inquire and it says our i-485 "is currently pending adjudication". Does anyone know what does that mean? As a reminder, we were current in October, did bio beginning December, had to withdraw an i360 in March, and since then nothing happened. What do you think "pending adjudication" says about our chances of getting an IL soon?

Thanks!

Pending adjudication = pending review/interview/additional review (if necessary)/decision (approval or denial).

Pending adjudication = pending review/interview/additional review (if necessary)/decision (approval or denial).

Thanks Mom! It doesn't seem to give us much information really. We contacted the Ombudsman a couple of days ago, do you think they will give us the same answer? Is there anything else we could do or is waiting the only option?
Thanks again for your help!

Thanks Mom! It doesn't seem to give us much information really. We contacted the Ombudsman a couple of days ago, do you think they will give us the same answer? Is there anything else we could do or is waiting the only option?
Thanks again for your help!

The ombudsman will give you whatever response they get, no point in speculating what that response might be.

Nothing else you can do for now outside of waiting patiently. The inquiries you’ve made (including those made in your behalf) serves the purpose of bringing your petition to the attention of your FO.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks for your help during this process, I won the DV 2019, currently applying for AOS, I hold an F2 Visa and my wife an F1 visa, we have a daughter (who is a US Citizen, she is not included in our AOS package).

I’m assembling and filling the AOS forms and package, but I do not know exactly which forms are mandatory and which ones are not, because online I have found many different instructions, I am also following the AOS Process Spreadsheet but I am not completely sure if I am missing any forms.

These are my questions:

1-Which are the forms that MUST be in my AOS Package (I-485, etc)?
2-Do I need latest criminal records? (My wife and I have a letter from our country that says that there are no criminal or courts records for our ID Numbers respectively), these letters were issued on November 5th, 2018, and we haven’t visited our country since then.
3-Do I need to pay Biometrics fee? (Maybe a silly question but I want to make sure).
4- Do I need to include my daughter in any AOS form? (Maybe another silly question but I want to make sure).
5-How do I know if I need to submit the form G-325?.
6-Is there any video that you would recommend that explains How the AOS package must be assembly?
7- Most USCIS Forms that I have downloaded from the USCIS website are expired, What should I do, fill them even though they are expired or what would you recommend?
8-Most of my documents are in Spanish, in order to translate them, the translator who will do it, must count with a special certification? Do I need to make sure that this person is certified by a particular institute or Can my English teacher (US citizen) who is an expert in both English and Spanish do it for me?

Thanks in advance for your time and kind support, my family and I are grateful.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks for your help during this process, I won the DV 2019, currently applying for AOS, I hold an F2 Visa and my wife an F1 visa, we have a daughter (who is a US Citizen, she is not included in our AOS package).

I’m assembling and filling the AOS forms and package, but I do not know exactly which forms are mandatory and which ones are not, because online I have found many different instructions, I am also following the AOS Process Spreadsheet but I am not completely sure if I am missing any forms.

These are my questions:

2-Do I need latest criminal records? (My wife and I have a letter from our country that says that there are no criminal or courts records for our ID Numbers respectively), these letters were issued on November 5th, 2018, and we haven’t visited our country since then.
3-Do I need to pay Biometrics fee? (Maybe a silly question but I want to make sure).
4- Do I need to include my daughter in any AOS form? (Maybe another silly question but I want to make sure).
6-Is there any video that you would recommend that explains How the AOS package must be assembly?
7- Most USCIS Forms that I have downloaded from the USCIS website are expired, What should I do, fill them even though they are expired or what would you recommend?
8-Most of my documents are in Spanish, in order to translate them, the translator who will do it, must count with a special certification? Do I need to make sure that this person is certified by a particular institute or Can my English teacher (US citizen) who is an expert in both English and Spanish do it for me?

1. Required forms are listed on the AOS process spreadsheet - refer to it. You don’t need any of the “many different instructions” you’ve found online, stick to the AOS process spreadsheet, go through it over and over again.
2. PCC is not required for AOS - again refer to the AOS process spreadsheet, it really has all the instructions you need.
3. Bio fee is not required if you’re between 0 - 14 years old, or you’re 79 years or older - so do you think you’re eligible for a bio fee exemption?
4. If the form asks for information about your kids, do you think it makes sense to not mention your daughter just because she’s a USC?
5. AOS process spreadsheet.
6. AOS process spreadsheet.
7. If they’re recently downloaded directly from the USCIS’s website, use them as is.
8. Yes your English teacher can translate your documents. They just need to attach a signed certified statement attesting to their fluency in both English and Spanish to each translated document.

Hello Mom,
1.Is the confirmation email from KCC for AOS Admn fees payment, the one you attach on the package or you have to wait for another receipt on the mail?
2.I also recommed adding the admin fees payment portion on the spreadsheet.
Thanks

Hello Mom,
1.Is the confirmation email from KCC for AOS Admn fees payment, the one you attach on the package or you have to wait for another receipt on the mail?
2.I also recommed adding the admin fees payment portion on the spreadsheet.
Thanks

1. AOS payment receipt is a stamped version of the document you included when you sent in your cashiers check/money order for the AOS administrative fee.

2. I don’t know what you’re talking about - the spreadsheet clearly list the receipt as one the required documents under the AOS Package tab, other sections/tabs also mentions administrative fee payment already.

1. AOS payment receipt is a stamped version of the document you included when you sent in your cashiers check/money order for the AOS administrative fee.

2. I don’t know what you’re talking about - the spreadsheet clearly list the receipt as one the required documents under the AOS Package tab, other sections/tabs also mentions administrative fee payment already.
1.Thank You
2.It definitely mentions the fee, what I mean is if the timelinesheet can include the admin fee part, so that people can update the times when they send the fee, when they receive their emails and time they get the receipt back(just like other documents timesline are included on the sheet to give an idea for other applicants).

1.Thank You
2.It definitely mentions the fee, what I mean is if the timelinesheet can include the admin fee part, so that people can update the times when they send the fee, when they receive their emails and time they get the receipt back(just like other documents timesline are included on the sheet to give an idea for other applicants).

Noted. It certainly helps to specify which spreadsheet, considering there’s more than one.

Hi Sm1smom,

These are my questions:

Hi,
Im also F1 and have a child who was born here. I included all the docs that Mom listed in the spreadsheet, i did not however included a marriage certi and birth certi as my husband is not applying with me. However, officer asked me for these docs. Also, Mom always says that it is important to prove that you will not become a public charge. So officer during interview asked me how i support myself. So include i134 all all the supporting docs.

I indicated my child both on ds260 and i485. Officer asked me where my chils was born.

Hi,
Im also F1 and have a child who was born here. I included all the docs that Mom listed in the spreadsheet, i did not however included a marriage certi and birth certi as my husband is not applying with me. However, officer asked me for these docs. Also, Mom always says that it is important to prove that you will not become a public charge. So officer during interview asked me how i support myself. So include i134 all all the supporting docs.

I indicated my child both on ds260 and i485. Officer asked me where my chils was born.

Yes the IO was right in asking for those documents. If your marital status is listed as married, marriage certificate is required regardless of if your spouse is applying with you or not. Same with children’s b/c. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve told those with USC children to include their b/c with AOS package, or to take both the original and a copy of the b/c along to the interview.