• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

For what it's worth, it is the one I attached to my package to be received today by USCIS (so I cannot tell you if it works or not).

However, Tommasi and Vladoo are also current in June, and both of their packages have been accepted.
great- thankyou!

1. Which country are you chargeable to?

2. You can’t simply re-file your petition since the previous one wasn’t rejected. You’ll need to withdraw the one currently in the system in order to re-file the (which wouldn’t be a smart move IMO).

1- We are from Argentina (2019SAXXX74)
2- that's what I thought, thanks

If my understanding is correct, EAD/AP are not granted by the same services (NBC vs USCIS).
For what it's worth, it is the one I attached to my package to be received today by USCIS (so I cannot tell you if it works or not).

However, Tommasi and Vladoo are also current in June, and both of their packages have been accepted.

Well, mine arrived at the Chicago Lockbox but money was not cashed yet or accepted; I can see that it takes up to a week so I should know by the end of this week/early next week.
I did not put the early memo notice copy in my package - wait and see.

If my understanding is correct, EAD/AP are not granted by the same services (NBC vs USCIS).

Well, mine arrived at the Chicago Lockbox but money was not cashed yet or accepted; I can see that it takes up to a week so I should know by the end of this week/early next week.
I did not put the early memo notice copy in my package - wait and see.

My bad, I meant Andrew... (one line above yours in the Timeline)
My package was received today, I'll let everyone know as soon as I get something from USCIS, but yeah I did include the 2013 Memo and the Visa Bulletin published on April 12th.

Wanting to attached the early filling memo to my packet but just wanted to be sure the one dated for 2013 linked in the spreadsheet is the most recent one that people are submitting or is there a updated one Im missing? Thanks
I sent that one, just personalized a bit for my case. For example the document section

Hi Mom and others!

First time winner here with CN 2019AS00013xxx. As it stands right now, I believe there a chance that my CN becomes current in July (optimistically), or August (for sure) based on past years' statistics.

A few questions (sorry if these have been answered before):

1) There have been instances of 6 month long delays from submitting your application packet - to receiving the interview letter. Therefore, my chances look pretty glum already. However, what happens after the September 30th deadline? Do all pending cases (with the appropriate fees paid and documents submitted) just get thrown out? Or can interviews and all timelines extend into the new fiscal year too?

2) I am graduating from college this May and have already applied for OPT and am due to receive my EAD card soon. Should I apply for another EAD card under the DV program, if I were to follow through with my application?

3) According to the spreadsheet, there is a certain risk associated with filing early - Would it be advisable to file early since my CN is so high in the first place? Secondly, if my CN was to become current in July hypothetically - would that mean I can submit everything as early as May 1st?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mom,

One of my friend is filling I-134 for my husband and me. Is there any minimum amount that he has to show in his W-2 to support us?. In that case how to calculate it? He has 4 members in his family.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Mom and others!

First time winner here with CN 2019AS00013xxx. As it stands right now, I believe there a chance that my CN becomes current in July (optimistically), or August (for sure) based on past years' statistics.

1) There have been instances of 6 month long delays from submitting your application packet - to receiving the interview letter. Therefore, my chances look pretty glum already. However, what happens after the September 30th deadline? Do all pending cases (with the appropriate fees paid and documents submitted) just get thrown out? Or can interviews and all timelines extend into the new fiscal year too?

2) I am graduating from college this May and have already applied for OPT and am due to receive my EAD card soon. Should I apply for another EAD card under the DV program, if I were to follow through with my application?

3) According to the spreadsheet, there is a certain risk associated with filing early - Would it be advisable to file early since my CN is so high in the first place? Secondly, if my CN was to become current in July hypothetically - would that mean I can submit everything as early as May 1st?

Thank you in advance!
If you have a look at previous year's timelines for your first question, you can see that cases usually significantly speed up as the end of the year approaches. There is no recourse for a case that goes beyond Sept 30 but it seems that field offices are also well aware of the deadline, and really do all they can to push cases through as fast as possible.

You can see September current people as being successful in the timeline, so I would say that you could be reasonably optimistic about finishing the process if you are current in August, provided you file early, are not from Iran, have no reason to believe that you would not pass a background check, or have any other complicating issues.

Hi Everyone,
1. When USCIS starts updating the status?. after I485 submission?
2. Anyone who sent the package recently, how many days it took them cash the check(just curious)?.
Thanks!

Hi Mom and others!

Thank you in advance!

1. No DV based AOS petition will be approved after Sept. 30th regardless of what stage the petition is at. USCIS has in the past scheduled interview dates for a couple of cases after Sept. 30th, unfortunately such cases were not approved even when the petitioner was considered approvable.

2. Don’t bother.

3. That’s typically what people in such situations do - take advantage of the early filing memo and hope for the best.

Hi Everyone,
2. Anyone who sent the package recently, how many days it took them cash the check(just curious)?.
Thanks!

You should check the timeline files.
Running a quick probably for 2019 and the data sample we have, conditional on the fact that your package is accepted:
You have around 75% chance of having your case updated/fee cashed between 6 and 12 days.
For some people it is faster or longer, up to a month in the worst case.

The main rule of the game is patience.

Hi Everyone,
Thanks!

Please refer to the Timeline spreadsheet - the last couple of questions you’ve been asking are either covered on the AOS process or Timeline spreadsheets.

You should check the timeline files.
Running a quick probably for 2019 and the data sample we have, conditional on the fact that your package is accepted:
You have around 75% chance of having your case updated/fee cashed between 6 and 12 days.
For some people it is faster or longer, up to a month in the worst case.

The main rule of the game is patience.
Thank you for your response. I should be patience!!

Long post incoming. Important parts bolded at the bottom. Skip to them if you don’t want to read it all.

We have tracking numbers for our green cards and I think they should be in our mailbox tomorrow.

This whole process for me has been a big bag of luck. I got a job in the USA and then got my E3, which is a visa for Australian professionals, within the space of 2 months. Sitting with my computer at some time during October of 2017, just before I left, I had a bright idea to Google the green card lottery which I had heard about once or twice before, just to see if it was real.

It was, and entries were open! I threw one in for good luck and embarked on my journey to the USA, mostly forgetting about it.

I’m enjoying myself in Chicago and around rolls May when I knew the results came out. Declaring to my wife that “I don’t think we would have won but I better check it anyway,” I typed in our confirmation code and we’d been selected with a single digit case number. I had no idea of the significance of that, I just thought it was cool.

I feel a little weird about it to be honest. I can see OC people in the 2020 thread who have entered for the last 7 years in a row with no result, and here I am entering it immediately after confirming its existence, and being selected. I wish everyone in there the best of luck. You definitely deserve it more than me and I sincerely hope that your number comes up next year.

I have a friend that also got selected. Some time in May he said he was just going to make an appointment, go down to the field office and do an interview. We both had no clue. I had no reason not to believe him. Luckily I found the instructions on the DV lottery website and realised that it started in October, so that set us straight. This was after rushing to do our medicals (the second stroke of luck as they changed the medical rules after we were current) and pay the DV fee. I didn’t even know what adjustment of status was!

Knowing that I had time to relax and compose myself, I did more reading, researching and eventually found this forum, that was around the time I learned of immigrant intent. I started to freak out because we had an overseas trip planned. I had already submitted the DS-260. This turned out to be a non issue.

While all this was happening, we were being pressured to schedule a date for our “other wedding” in Vietnam for my wife’s family, as my family were going to come along as well. After looking at the timelines for October current Chicagans, all of them were approved well before March 30, so we set that date.

The next couple of months went by and I was still reading and learning, but had somehow missed anything about the 90 day rule. As a pilot, we are frequently assigned trips into Canada. I was bidding normally, but managed to avoid international trips by coincidence. In September I was assigned one, but I decided a few days out to swap it for one that didn’t go international in case it caused any issues. The fact that I could do that was unique to September only, for reasons that are too complicated to explain. Third lucky strike.

October rolls around and we submit our i-485 and advance parole application, learning more and more along the way and going through the usual motions.

Our interview was scheduled for Jan 30. “Perfect, We’ll have green cards by March, according to last year’s timelines” I naively thought to myself.

That date was one of the coldest ever recorded in Chicago and the whole city closed. We received a call the day before by a man (actually maybe an angel) who notified us of a date change to March, right before our wedding. I pleaded with him for anything earlier and he let us go in on the day he called us. We interviewed and got donuts on the way home to celebrate. Surely the green card will arrive in a few weeks.

Nothing for months. I started to make plans for abandonment and to move back to Australia.

At the beginning of March we got our letters advising of advance parole approval. This was such a relief. We would be able to travel and keep our application alive! Great. One week goes by, 2, then 3 and then we are maybe 10 days out from departure. We visit the congressman’s office (again) and the lady spent a good 30 minutes on the phone to the NBC for us. She was so great. She came out of her office and told us that our letters would arrive “next week.”

We got our advance parole 6 days before departure. Fourth time lucky. Suffice to say up until that moment was the most stress I have ever experienced.

Travelled, got married again, went home to Melbourne for a bit and then re entered to US on our advance parole with no issues, then we got a status update the next day.

Both of our statues now include a tracking number. My wife’s went Card production order - case approved - card mailed while mine went card production order - card mailed.

Mom asked us to sign up for egov and test the text messaging feature. I got messages for both card production orders and then for the case approved status for my wife. We didn’t get one for the “card mailed” status. The same was true for “my uscis” which sent emails only.

My lessons learned and advice for future and current selectees:
  • If you think you have read the spreadsheet, you haven’t. Read it again.
  • Seriously. The spreadsheet. You definitely missed something important. Go back and read it again.
  • See above.
  • If you have just found this forum. Stop everything you are doing, sign up for an account, contribute and be successful. What you think you know is probably incorrect.
  • Everyone’s timeline helps. It is not too much of an effort to give back to the community through the timeline spreadsheet, even if you never post, and it will help others for years to come.
  • Consider CP if you are making any travel plans for the fiscal year or your job requires you to travel internationally.
  • Read through previous years threads to learn more about the process.
  • The timelines are a fantastic resource but remember new data will always be coming in, and you could be that statistic. Do not make potentially life altering decisions based on the timelines.

To Simon, Suzie and Xarthisius, your continued efforts in making this place such an amazing resource are very much appreciated. Thank you so much for everything.

To Mom. I have never encountered anyone in real life or digitally, so selfless and willing to help. You are online every day and reply to us every day, often even when previously answered questions are asked again. You are undoubtedly offering millions of dollars worth of knowledge and time to everyone here for free and my wife and I are eternally grateful for your effort. I have found myself more recently taking more amounts of time to help out strangers with things I know about, and it’s absolutely your efforts here that have inspired me.

Irrespective of the green card result, you have substantially altered my outlook on life and my willingness to help others for the better. This whole thing could have collapsed around me at any moment, you can see it almost did multiple times, but I would have still would have come out of it a better person.

The amount of people you change the life of every year, including the lurkers and non posters, would be well in the hundreds, maybe thousands, and on behalf of us all, thank you so much.

Simon, Suzie, Xarthinisius or Mom, if you ever find yourself in Chicago, let me know, dinner is on me.

My bad, I meant Andrew... (one line above yours in the Timeline)
My package was received today, I'll let everyone know as soon as I get something from USCIS, but yeah I did include the 2013 Memo and the Visa Bulletin published on April 12th.

Well, actually my bad, just got notification from the bank that they're making it rain in the Chicago Lockbox.
Next updates on the timesheet; I'll be looking closely at Vadrouille and Tommasi80's updates given the similarities of timing and location, please keep it up-to-date ;).

Whatever happens next, not sure how I would have made it so far without this forum, Britsimon's blog and all this information, thanks for putting this together and keeping it up-to-date!
It became quickly apparent that even the lawyers of my own company could not provide better information than what you can find here.

Well, actually my bad, just got notification from the bank that they're making it rain in the Chicago Lockbox.
Next updates on the timesheet; I'll be looking closely at Vadrouille and Tommasi80's updates given the similarities of timing and location, please keep it up-to-date ;).

Whatever happens next, not sure how I would have made it so far without this forum, Britsimon's blog and all this information, thanks for putting this together and keeping it up-to-date!
It became quickly apparent that even the lawyers of my own company could not provide better information than what you can find here.
My package was delivered on 15th at 10am. On the 18th I saw my credit card was charged. It was pending transaction until 21st (Sunday). Around midnight on Sunday I received the text messages.
This is all info I have right now.
Statuses:
I765 case was received on 15th and we send you a mail etc.
I485 finger print fee received on the 18th, and we sent you a mail etc.

I will update my timeline with the NOA letter when I got them.