• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

You never bothered to update us on the outcome of this by the way. We can all help each other and make this forum much more useful by not only asking questions about issues we’re dealing with, but by providing updates also.

Yes, 1.5 months after I sent my withdrawal letter for early filing to local USCIS office, I got a letter stating to come to USCIS and it didn't say that its for Interview. It stated that its a matter concerning my AOS application. The date was february 26 th. Both of us went to USCIS. Officer came and took us inside and said that its the interview and then only we came to know. Although we brought all necessary documents, just in case,except medicals.

You attended interview on Apr 13th, got approved on Apr 9th, GC delivered Apr 13th??

Please check the dates in your post for accuracy.

Sorry for the confusion. Interview was on february 26 th. I mailed missing documents in the end of march ( 25 th). UCSIS case status update emails came on - april 9 th - stating "document / card production".
Then on April 11 th , another email stating that GCs are mailed to our address (with the tracking numbers). GCs were delivered on April 13 th to our mailbox. Also approval letters came in the same day ( April 13 th) in separate envelopes.

Thank you so much for your time Sm1smom,

I really appreciate the time you've put to answer my question.

Following your answer in using the AOS spreadsheet as my main guideline, but I can't find the form G-325 in the AOS Process and Documents spreadsheet, I also went online on the USCIS website and the form G-325 cannot be found, now the only one available is the G-325A, nevertheless, it found the form G-325 on google but it is expired.

Questions:
1. What should I do, fill the G-325A even though it is for Deferred Action or it does not matter? What would you recommend?.

2. Form I-797 is listed on the AOS spreadsheet, but I do not have it, How can I include it?.

3. I currently count with savings to support my family in the US (I am submitting my bank statements on the AOS Package) and a friend filled the form I-134 (Affidavit of support) for me, just in case, Should I include the form I-134 on my AOS package or Should I wait and present it in my interview if asked?.

Thanks in advance four your support.

Regards.

Thank you so much for your time Sm1smom,

I really appreciate the time you've put to answer my question.

Following your answer in using the AOS spreadsheet as my main guideline, but I can't find the form G-325 in the AOS Process and Documents spreadsheet, I also went online on the USCIS website and the form G-325 cannot be found, now the only one available is the G-325A, nevertheless, it found the form G-325 on google but it is expired.

Questions:
1. What should I do, fill the G-325A even though it is for Deferred Action or it does not matter? What would you recommend?.

2. Form I-797 is listed on the AOS spreadsheet, but I do not have it, How can I include it?.

3. I currently count with savings to support my family in the US (I am submitting my bank statements on the AOS Package) and a friend filled the form I-134 (Affidavit of support) for me, just in case, Should I include the form I-134 on my AOS package or Should I wait and present it in my interview if asked?.

Thanks in advance four your support.

Regards.

1. Form G-325 is not required, that’s why it’s not on listed on the AOS process spreadsheet which I already told you is all you need to guide you.
2. Did you not see the “if applicable” comment in front of the section that talks about the I-797? You don’t have one, so it’s not applicable to you.
3. Include it.

Hi mom,

My wife already received her Green Card (Adjustement of status, we currently live in the US), but I had to redo the whole process. I just did the biometric and now I am waiting for my interview in the coming weeks. Since my wife was the winner of the lottery and I am going to get my Green Card from her (as an applicant spouse), is it required that we attend my interview together ? (she would like to visit her family out of the country, but we don't know if she has to stay to attend my interview).

Thank you,
Al

Hi mom,

My wife already received her Green Card (Adjustement of status, we currently live in the US), but I had to redo the whole process. I just did the biometric and now I am waiting for my interview in the coming weeks. Since my wife was the winner of the lottery and I am going to get my Green Card from her (as an applicant spouse), is it required that we attend my interview together ? (she would like to visit her family out of the country, but we don't know if she has to stay to attend my interview).

Thank you,
Al

Let’s back up a bit here - why wasn’t your petition approved with your wife’s? Why are you re-applying? Can’t give you a yes or no response without any knowledge of what happened to your previous petition or what your situation is.

Hello,

First of all thank you so much for providing this platform and all the helpful information! My number will be current in May and I'm almost ready to mail out my I-485 package.

I have a question regarding question 23.b. of the form I-485: Expiration Date of Authorized Stay Shown on Form I-94.

I've recently completed renewing my H1 visa and haven't traveled out of the U.S. since. So my online I-94 is still showing the expiration date of my previous visa which is this April. However, the immigration department at my employer told me that my I-797 date would serve as my actual I-94 and will be reflected online upon my next international travel.

So which date should I use for this question on my I-485? The date shown online or the visa expiration date? Thank you in advance!

Hello,

First of all thank you so much for providing this platform and all the helpful information! My number will be current in May and I'm almost ready to mail out my I-485 package.

I have a question regarding question 23.b. of the form I-485: Expiration Date of Authorized Stay Shown on Form I-94.

I've recently completed renewing my H1 visa and haven't traveled out of the U.S. since. So my online I-94 is still showing the expiration date of my previous visa which is this April. However, the immigration department at my employer told me that my I-797 date would serve as my actual I-94 and will be reflected online upon my next international travel.

So which date should I use for this question on my I-485? The date shown online or the visa expiration date? Thank you in advance!

All the Questions being asked in 15 - 23 deals with most recent entry into the US, so the I-94 expiration date in this case should be the date on the one issued at the POE (which is the date you currently see online). Question 23b clearly is asking about the I-94.

All the Questions being asked in 15 - 23 deals with most recent entry into the US, so the I-94 expiration date in this case should be the date on the one issued at the POE (which is the date you currently see online). Question 23b clearly is asking about the I-94.
Mom, thank you for the clarification! Appreciate the quick response.

Let’s back up a bit here - why wasn’t your petition approved with your wife’s? Why are you re-applying? Can’t give you a yes or no response without any knowledge of what happened to your previous petition or what your situation is.

I had to travel abroad for my work the time I submitted my I-485 (I made the mistake thinking I could travel until that date). Consequently, during the interview we had with my wife, she got the green card, but they told me it was a "half deny"... and I had to go and redo the whole process. I just did my biometric and now I am waiting for my interview, where I need to know if my wife needs to attend.

thank you

I had to travel abroad for my work the time I submitted my I-485 (I made the mistake thinking I could travel until that date). Consequently, during the interview we had with my wife, she got the green card, but they told me it was a "half deny"... and I had to go and redo the whole process. I just did my biometric and now I am waiting for my interview, where I need to know if my wife needs to attend.

thank you

I see - Your initial petition was denied on the basis of being considered abandoned because you traveled out of the country without an approved AP card while your AOS petition was pending. I’m not sure what was meant by “half deny”. AFAIK, leaving the country without an approved AP with an AOS pending petition results in a full/complete denial as the petition is considered abandoned.

Back to you original question: I recommend you wife wait until after your interview before going on her trip, it’s not like she needs to go on an emergency trip.

I see - Your initial petition was denied on the basis of being considered abandoned because you traveled out of the country without an approved AP card while your AOS petition was pending. I’m not sure what was meant by “half deny”. AFAIK, leaving the country without an approved AP with an AOS pending petition results in a full/complete denial as the petition is considered abandoned.

Back to you original question: I recommend you wife wait until after your interview before going on her trip, it’s not like she needs to go on an emergency trip.

Thank you very much! I won't take any risk this time... ;))

Hi Mom,

It's been 1 month after my interview and there is still no news. You suggested that the system had returned the hit and our FO requested the name check right after our interview. How much time does it usually take? (internet says it might take 4 months) Is there anything I can do to somehow speed up the check ? I have the cell phone of our FO ( he called me after we had left the office, because the 1st page of my medical records was missing) and the more time passes, the more I think that I might text him to remind of myself, but I'm not sure whether or not it's appropriate from my side. Please give some advice on how to be. Thanks

Hi Mom,
This might be a repeated question, but i don't want to fall into silly mistake.
You already answered me earlier that a document translation from my home country is accepted. The sworn translator who I used to translate all my document in my home country has stamped my documents , However, they did not include a language on the translated document such as (I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________. )

1- Is that still accepted, or do you recommend me get another translation agency here in the U.S that is authorized by USCIS so eliminate any risk ?

Thanks

Hi Mom,

It's been 1 month after my interview and there is still no news. You suggested that the system had returned the hit and our FO requested the name check right after our interview. How much time does it usually take? (internet says it might take 4 months) Is there anything I can do to somehow speed up the check ? I have the cell phone of our FO ( he called me after we had left the office, because the 1st page of my medical records was missing) and the more time passes, the more I think that I might text him to remind of myself, but I'm not sure whether or not it's appropriate from my side. Please give some advice on how to be. Thanks

There’s no telling how long it takes to clear AP, you can’t speed up the check. You can try contact your IO for updates if the number you have is indeed his direct number

Hi Mom,
This might be a repeated question, but i don't want to fall into silly mistake.
You already answered me earlier that a document translation from my home country is accepted. The sworn translator who I used to translate all my document in my home country has stamped my documents , However, they did not include a language on the translated document such as (I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________. )

1- Is that still accepted, or do you recommend me get another translation agency here in the U.S that is authorized by USCIS so eliminate any risk ?

Thanks

You might as well do a new translation if you’re already contemplating it - to put your mind at rest.

Hello,

I don't currently have and never had a personal checkbook, and also see that it takes 1-2 weeks to obtain it and spend extra $20. What if I just go the bank and use a cashier's check (AOS+beometric fee), will I be notified somehow that check was cashed (e.g., by email or regular mail)? Is there any downside of using a cashier's check for AOS+beometric fee? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Mom and all,
I sent the AOS package for me (principal applicant) and my husband. He got 4 messages from USCIS and I did not received any text . I just noticed the he got two different receipt numbers. I hope it's a mistake and one should be my receipt number. Did this happen to anyone?. Also just wondering whether the receipt number starts with MSE??. Thanks all.

Hello,

I don't currently have and never had a personal checkbook, and also see that it takes 1-2 weeks to obtain it and spend extra $20. What if I just go the bank and use a cashier's check (AOS+beometric fee), will I be notified somehow that check was cashed (e.g., by email or regular mail)? Is there any downside of using a cashier's check for AOS+beometric fee? Thanks!
See if your bank can issue starter/counter checks. I don’t have a checkbook either but my bank printed a sheet of 8 checks on the spot for only $2.50.

I don’t believe USCIS sends a text or email saying they cashed the payment. You’d have to look at your bank account to see if the check was cleared.