• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Thank you
I don’t see a need to a sworn affidavit for this. Plus it’s a known fact the COs don’t really give much consideration to sworn affidavit regarding name variations especially from countries where they know people tend to use sworn affidavits as an elixir - a cure-all.

You should be fine as is.
Thank you @Sm1smom

My Case No. is 2018AF42XXX

I have 3 queries below;

1. The current Kenyan passports are being phased out and replaced by e-passports. Im planning to apply for the e-passport.
I maintained my current passport details on my DS260. Does this mean that once i get the new e-passport, i will have to unlock my DS260 and update? Might this delay my interview?

2. For guys who have the e-passports, does one retain the old passport once you're issued with the new e-passport?

3. From my estimation, my wifes passport will be less than 6 months to expiry by the time we will be having the interview at the embassy. Is it true that a passport has to have at least 6 months validity by the time you go for the DV interview or are issued with a US visa?

Hey Afrikana,
For No.2; Yes, you do get to retain the old passport only that they punch holes all over it. Basically, mutilate it so you don,t get to use it in any way.

@Britsimon Any reason why after a successful interview and Visa approval receive email from embassy asking one to Re-interview and come with National ID

@Britsimon Any reason why after a successful interview and Visa approval receive email from embassy asking one to Re-interview and come with National ID
When you say “visa approval” do you mean you were verbally told it was ok, not that a visa was issued?
There are further checks done after interview and occasionally something comes up even if an applicant was verbally told they are approved. Sounds like this is what happened in your case.
This specific request for another interview with ID is unusual though, would there be any discrepancy between your documents about your name, birth date etc, or any other reason for them to (apparently) want to confirm your identity?

When you say “visa approval” do you mean you were verbally told it was ok, not that a visa was issued?
There are further checks done after interview and occasionally something comes up even if an applicant was verbally told they are approved. Sounds like this is what happened in your case.
This specific request for another interview with ID is unusual though, would there be any discrepancy between your documents about your name, birth date etc, or any other reason for them to (apparently) want to confirm your identity?
Its happened to a friend. They were told Visa Approved. Given the Green paper and instructions on how to pay the Immigrant fee. They had also filled the DHL collection point. This was last week. Only to find an email asking them to go back to the embassy with their ID for a re-interview.

Its happened to a friend. They were told Visa Approved. Given the Green paper and instructions on how to pay the Immigrant fee. They had also filled the DHL collection point. This was last week. Only to find an email asking them to go back to the embassy with their ID for a re-interview.

The embassy probably noticed some discrepancies in the information your friend provided, hence the request for them to return to the embassy. At least, there’s still some hope since they didn’t get outrightly denied based on whatever it is the embassy came across regarding them. So their only option is to show up as requested.