• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Having the HS Diploma on hand is usually recommended. But there’s nothing you can do if you don’t have it after several attempts to get it which means you’re unable to present it. Present what you have and keep your fingers crossed.

Getting the diploma is going to be hard/impossible, but we can get a certificate of his qualifications for high school. Will that be enough?

1. Case status does not change until after the petition has been adjudicated.

2. I can’t give a specific time frame. It depends on your FO and their workload. Go through the past Timelines spreadsheets to see if your FO is listed. That should give you an idea of how long it typically takes your FO to send out the interview letter.

Hi mom,

1. I noticed there is a "Acceptance - Bio received (days)" column in the timeline section of the spreadsheet. What does that indicate?

2. Apologize again, I'm starting to overthink it, but after the biometrics are completed is there anything I can or should do? Or do I just wait?

Thank you

Hi mom,

1. I noticed there is a "Acceptance - Bio received (days)" column in the timeline section of the spreadsheet. What does that indicate?

2. Apologize again, I'm starting to overthink it, but after the biometrics are completed is there anything I can or should do? Or do I just wait?

Thank you

1. That column calculates number of days between when AOS package was received by USCIS and the day petitioner received the bio notice.

2. Yes you’re overthinking it. See the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hello! My spouse and I are waiting on our number to come up, I know it's not set, by any means, but it's looking likely that our number would be called for June or July (meaning our number would be announced in April or May). I am the principal applicant and it's looking like my company are going to be downsizing. It's wise I look for something else. I am worried that changing jobs will risk the green card, but feel I have to because I might not have my job soon. Can you tell me what the implications are of moving jobs when waiting for your number to come up? Will it affect our application? We're both AOS applicants, I'm on an E3 and my spouse is on an L1.

Hello! My spouse and I are waiting on our number to come up, I know it's not set, by any means, but it's looking likely that our number would be called for June or July (meaning our number would be announced in April or May). I am the principal applicant and it's looking like my company are going to be downsizing. It's wise I look for something else. I am worried that changing jobs will risk the green card, but feel I have to because I might not have my job soon. Can you tell me what the implications are of moving jobs when waiting for your number to come up? Will it affect our application? We're both AOS applicants, I'm on an E3 and my spouse is on an L1.

No implication as long as you’re not out of status at any point in time before filing.

Dear members of the forum:
Currently, I live and study in the US with F1 status.
I submitted my DS-260 and started to wait until the visa number will be available (more than my case number).
Now it's posted for March in Visa Bulletin (for EU zone) and that's the one which is applicable for me, and now I think I can start applying for AOS.
But what're the procedures of getting all done?

And, also, I didn't understand the letter which is sent by KCC DV that says, "If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person to the Department of State "
AND BELOW IT SAYS, " Please remember that the DV fee must be paid before your case can be transferred to USCIS. "
AND IN SECOND LETTER IT SAYS, "in order to complete payment of this fee, once the USCIS accepted your case fill out the receipt form at the bottom...and mail it".
So I didn't quite get it, there, do they mean that first I should mail to DOF that form then go to USCIS and do the rest of the procedure.
Or should I go first to USCIS and once they approve me for AOS then do the rest (mailing the form).
But it says there that the DV fee must be paid before my case will be transferred to USCIS, (I suppose from KCC/DOS).

I live in Rochester, NY and I'll have to make a long trip to get to the nearest USCIS office which is 1:30 hours away from here (Buffalo one).
So I would appreciate your help, as it'll save so much of my time.
Thanks in advance.

Dear members of the forum:
Currently, I live and study in the US with F1 status.
I submitted my DS-260 and started to wait until the visa number will be available (more than my case number).
Now it's posted for March in Visa Bulletin (for EU zone) and that's the one which is applicable for me, and now I think I can start applying for AOS.
But what're the procedures of getting all done?

And, also, I didn't understand the letter which is sent by KCC DV that says, "If USCIS determines you are eligible to adjust status, you must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person to the Department of State "
AND BELOW IT SAYS, " Please remember that the DV fee must be paid before your case can be transferred to USCIS. "
AND IN SECOND LETTER IT SAYS, "in order to complete payment of this fee, once the USCIS accepted your case fill out the receipt form at the bottom...and mail it".
So I didn't quite get it, there, do they mean that first I should mail to DOF that form then go to USCIS and do the rest of the procedure.
Or should I go first to USCIS and once they approve me for AOS then do the rest (mailing the form).
But it says there that the DV fee must be paid before my case will be transferred to USCIS, (I suppose from KCC/DOS).

I live in Rochester, NY and I'll have to make a long trip to get to the nearest USCIS office which is 1:30 hours away from here (Buffalo one).
So I would appreciate your help, as it'll save so much of my time.
Thanks in advance.

See the AOS process spreadsheet for guidance on how to proceed:
http://goo.gl/0va2DU

That spreadsheet has the answers to all these questions, be sure to diligently go through all the tabs on the spreadsheet, then come back and post follow up questions if you still have any.

No implication as long as you’re not out of status at any point in time before filing.
Thank you. I understand it's quicker to get a new E3 abroad rather than apply for an employer name change on my current E3 from the US. In order to have no lapse in status what steps should I follow? For example, do I get the new E3 and then cancel the old one? I'm a little confused as to how to go about it ensuring there is no lapse in status and that I can go seamlessly from one E3 to the next. Thanks for your help.

Thank you. I understand it's quicker to get a new E3 abroad rather than apply for an employer name change on my current E3 from the US. In order to have no lapse in status what steps should I follow? For example, do I get the new E3 and then cancel the old one? I'm a little confused as to how to go about it ensuring there is no lapse in status and that I can go seamlessly from one E3 to the next. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, can’t help you on this. I limit my guidance here to DV lottery process only.

Hi all,

I received 3 requests for an interview, but they made the same mistake for my wife and child in their last names (1 letter is incorrect). Is it important? Should I call USCIS about that? They are dependents, I'm principal applicant and in my request everything seems correct.
BTW, in previous I-797 forms (bio appointment) last names were written correctly.

Hi all,

I received 3 requests for an interview, but they made the same mistake for my wife and child in their last names (1 letter is incorrect). Is it important? Should I call USCIS about that? They are dependents, I'm principal applicant and in my request everything seems correct.
BTW, in previous I-797 forms (bio appointment) last names were written correctly.

Not important.

Hi Mom,
I have a question, Am I able to leave the US for work after the interview or do I need to wait until the GC application is concluded? I have not applied for AP.
I appreciate your response.
Than you.

Hi Mom,
I have a question, Am I able to leave the US for work after the interview or do I need to wait until the GC application is concluded? I have not applied for AP.
I appreciate your response.
Than you.

Traveling without an approved AP card while a GC petition is pending leads to the petition being considered as abandoned and subsequently denied unless the petitioner has a dual intent status such as L1 or H1B.

I could not find my FO which in Albuquerque in the timelines. That is wierd that nobody experienced there

Not sure how far back you checked before concluding it’s weird nobody has had an experience there. I was able to find at least one reported case.

Even if there’s no reported case on any of the Timelines spreadsheets, nothing weird in that considering the fact that:
1. Everyone with a DV based AOS petition isn’t aware of or on this forum - and of those that visit the forum, not everyone fills out the timeline spreadsheets.
2. Your FO probably doesn’t even deal with upto 10 DV based AOS petitions each year.

So not having a reported DV based AOS case on any of the spreadsheets here wouldn’t be a “weird” thing IMO, and that’s not even the case anyways.

EDIT:
And I believe we discussed this before as a matter of fact when you claimed you couldn’t find any past AOS case, I gave you the year one case was listed. You obviously never bothered to go back and check, that’s why you’re posting this false claim again.

Not sure how far back you checked before concluding it’s weird nobody has had an experience there. I was able to find at least one reported case.

Even if there’s no reported case on any of the Timelines spreadsheets, nothing weird in that considering the fact that:
1. Everyone with a DV based AOS petition isn’t aware of or on this forum - and of those that visit the forum, not everyone fills out the timeline spreadsheets.
2. Your FO probably doesn’t even deal with upto 10 DV based AOS petitions each year.

So not having a reported DV based AOS case on any of the spreadsheets here wouldn’t be a “weird” thing IMO, and that’s not even the case anyways.

EDIT:
And I believe we discussed this before as a matter of fact when you claimed you couldn’t find any past AOS case, I gave you the year one case was listed. You obviously never bothered to go back and check, that’s why you’re posting this false claim again.
You are right that it could be only for the reason that the cases have not been too many and I did not mean that it did never happened. When we discussed it you just told me to chack again and I did check that timesheet many many times and you did not mention the year which is fine. It is super easy to find a word in Exel files with Control+F, but I went through the timesheet line by line from 2011 which was available. I am more concerned about my situation and would bother myself for sure.
Thanks anyway to notify.

You are right that it could be only for the reason that the cases have not been too many and I did not mean that it did never happened. When we discussed it you just told me to chack again and I did check that timesheet many many times and you did not mention the year which is fine. It is super easy to find a word in Exel files with Control+F, but I went through the timesheet line by line from 2011 which was available. I am more concerned about my situation and would bother myself for sure.
Thanks anyway to notify.
I am sorry but I can not understand why you are mad at me
Ofcourse you helped a lot. But it is up to you to response my questions in future or not. I did not know that my simple idea would bother you that much
Any ways, I apologize if my statemts made misunderstanding and try not to ask any question to waist your time