• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi all
Is there anyone here whosbFO is in Albuquerque New Mexico? I have no idea if this FO has rejected any early filing so far or not?

Hi All, I am preparing for AOS package assembly. Do we need two separate checks (of $1225) for me and my spouse OR simply one check (of $2450) is good enough? Thanks.

Hi all,
I went for the info pass appointment on Memphis Field office. On our initial conversation, I was told just to wait and there is nothing they could do regarding my pending application. And after talking to her superior,I was told that my application was received on September and all background check has been completed so far. The lady also mentioned that My application is on waiting list to get scheduled for the interview. She told me to wait month to month and half until i get further updates on my case to schedule another info pass. Does anyone experience the same situation visiting their respective Field offices??

Hi all,
I went for the info pass appointment on Memphis Field office. On our initial conversation, I was told just to wait and there is nothing they could do regarding my pending application. And after talking to her superior,I was told that my application was received on September and all background check has been completed so far. The lady also mentioned that My application is on waiting list to get scheduled for the interview. She told me to wait month to month and half until i get further updates on my case to schedule another info pass. Does anyone experience the same situation visiting their respective Field offices??

Yes i was told am on list to be scheduled for interview so just wait my FO is Norfolk

Yes i was told am on list to be scheduled for interview so just wait my FO is Norfolk
Thank you for sharing your info. the problem with my Field office is that they are processing I-485 as of December 2016. I don't know if they would prioritize the diversity visa application whose visa number already got current on Oct 2017. Also, lots of Field office Rep and USCIS Rep treat this AOS based from DV same as filing AOS from other categories!

Thank you for sharing your info. the problem with my Field office is that they are processing I-485 as of December 2016. I don't know if they would prioritize the diversity visa application whose visa number already got current on Oct 2017. Also, lots of Field office Rep and USCIS Rep treat this AOS based from DV same as filing AOS from other categories!

The IO you met at the INFOPASS told you what they told you because the person doesn’t understand DV based AOS petitions do not follow the same processing timeline as other AOS petitions. Yes all the FOs will prioritize all DV based AOS petitions in any applicable FY (regardless of if the CN is current in Oct 2017 or Sept 2018) over all other types of AOS petitions. The IO in charge of petition is already aware it is a time limited petition and will do all that’s necessary to schedule your interview based on their workload.

The IO you met at the INFOPASS told you what they told you because the person doesn’t understand DV based AOS petitions do not follow the same processing timeline as other AOS petitions. Yes all the FOs will prioritize all DV based AOS petitions in any applicable FY (regardless of if the CN is current in Oct 2017 or Sept 2018) over all other types of AOS petitions. The IO in charge of petition is already aware it is a time limited petition and will do all that’s necessary to schedule your interview based on their workload.
Thank you for chiming in your thoughts on this.Well in that case i think i should be expecting my interview to be scheduled in next few months or so.

Thank you for chiming in your thoughts on this.Well in that case i think i should be expecting my interview to be scheduled in next few months or so.

It could be soon. It look be a couple of months down the road. Have you taken a look at the past Timelines spreadsheets we have in this forum to see if there’s a listing for your FO? That should give some indication of your FO handles DV based AOS petitions.

How important is the "enrollment verification document from school" that is listed in the Excel Sheet?

I am a PhD student on F1. Can I send my AOS package without the enrollment verification without any adverse effects?

How important is the "enrollment verification document from school" that is listed in the Excel Sheet?

I am a PhD student on F1. Can I send my AOS package without the enrollment verification without any adverse effects?

If enrollment verification is not applicable to your situation, then you don’t have to include it with your package. As a matter of fact, none of the supporting documents listed on the AOS process spreadsheet is specifically listed by USCIS as required to be mailed with the AOS package.

The IO will ask for any document they consider pertinent at the time of the interview, if that document wasn’t previously included with the mailed package.

It could be soon. It look be a couple of months down the road. Have you taken a look at the past Timelines spreadsheets we have in this forum to see if there’s a listing for your FO? That should give some indication of your FO handles DV based AOS petitions.
Yes MOM. I been looking at the spreadsheet that we have here and I do see that my field office typically takes longer times around 6-9 months to complete the AOS application.

Memphis TN

My quick check of the past Timelines spreadsheets shows a 2 to 3 months time span from when AOS package was submitted to when interview took place with the exception of one case. Here’s a breakdown of what I found:

2011: AOS filed 10/14, Interview date 01/06; AOS filed 02/14, Interview date 05/24
2013: AOS filed 04/19, Interview date 06/18; AOS filed 10/02, Interview date 01/17
2015: AOS filed 08/22, Interview date 04/17
2017: AOS filed 10/14, Interview date not provided

This, IMO, makes Memphis one of the FOs that is on track in terms of DV based AOS petitions, it is actually one of the faster FOs! The 2015 case may look like it took 8 months for the interview to take place, but technically it took 6 months. This person filed 2 months before their CN was current, those two months do not count because the FO cannot, by law, hold an interview before the CN becomes current. Plus we don’t even know if the unusual delay had anything to do with a pending background check for the individual.

I really appreciate your help on this. Thank you for looking into the details about this. i will definitely keep you all posted if i get any update.

Dear all,

I just submit ds-260 few days ago, and today I got email from KCCDV@state.gov . Email title is "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" content is about information of what KCC do, which is document processing facility etc,. Also attached two attachments(first one is some instruction, second one is DV fee receipt form) , I crop the screen shot in below. Is is normal for other people as well? And I was wonder what is the first attachment means? I guess this is the "Email from KCC" And in the google shared document it mentioned "2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC". Is it means that I will get another mail for "2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC" ? Or this email and the attachment is the "2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC"
Sorry for the stupid question.. I'm just not sure about what does this email mean. I would be really appreciated if someone can clear this. Thank you!!

fMcZ5x@.png

fJY24x@.png

Dear all,

I just submit ds-260 few days ago, and today I got email from KCCDV@state.gov . Email title is "Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" content is about information of what KCC do, which is document processing facility etc,. Also attached two attachments(first one is some instruction, second one is DV fee receipt form) , I crop the screen shot in below. Is is normal for other people as well? And I was wonder what is the first attachment means? I guess this is the "Email from KCC" And in the google shared document it mentioned "2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC". Is it means that I will get another mail for "2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC" ? Or this email and the attachment is the "2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC"
Sorry for the stupid question.. I'm just not sure about what does this email mean. I would be really appreciated if someone can clear this. Thank you!!

fMcZ5x@.png

fJY24x@.png

What you received from KCC following your DS260 form submission is your 2NL - the 1NL is the selectee notification letter informing you of your DV selection. You will not get any other notification letter from KCC.

What you received from KCC following your DS260 form submission is your 2NL - the 1NL is the selectee notification letter informing you of your DV selection. You will not get any other notification letter from KCC.
Thank you so much Mom! Now I have the idea of what is the 2NL, greatly appreciated.