• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Aren’t your wife’s name and address already pre-printed on her checks? Your wife should write out and sign the checks like any other check she’s written in the past. DV CN can be noted on the memo line (line adjacent to the signature line), NOT at the top of the check.
Thank you Sm1smom, there is her name pre-printed on the checks but the current address is different from the pre-printed address on the check.

If you simply copy and paste one half to the other half like you’re suggesting, that amounts to document forgery since it is no longer what the authorized issuing body gave you, so don’t do it!

The guidance regarding document translation says any document containing a foreign language needs to be fully translated.

Any document containing foreign language submitted to USCIS must be accompanied by a full English language translation which the translator has certified as complete and accurate, and by the translator's certification that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.
https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/art...gn-documents-or-do-they-need-to-be-translated
Your call as to whether to use the document as is or have a translated copy accompanied by a signed certified statement or not.

Hi Mom, can I, translate the documents contain foreign language also attach a signed attest with it mention that I have the ability to translate the foreign language to English? And those documents no need to be notarized, correct? Thank you.

Hi Mom, can I, translate the documents contain foreign language also attach a signed attest with it mention that I have the ability to translate the foreign language to English? And those documents no need to be notarized, correct? Thank you.

The translation should be done by a third party only. Not by you, not by your wife, not by anyone who stands to benefit from your getting a GC. And no, they do not need to be notarized. I just wrote that in a previous post.

Hi mom and everyone,
1. I haven't submitted the DS 260 yet.
I received an email from KCC with subject " [AF29xxx] Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter".
In the body: my name, CN, and "attached is the adjustment letter".
With two files attached: (1) a letter named after my CN, and (2) the DV fee paid receipt form. The letter reads: “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with ... (USCIS)” … [goes on to mention]: “there are restrictions on who qualifies for adjustment of status ... see USCIS website” [wait] “until an immigrant visa number is available”, [and] “must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person to the Department of State”.

As far as I can conclude, the letter is solely triggered by the email correspondence I had with KCC to change my case processing from CP to AoS. Is there anything out of the ordinary in receiving this letter from KCC before submitting the DS 260?

2. is this letter considered the NL2?
3. I understand it is still recommended to submit the DS 260. correct?
4. I read in this forum and I am convinced that the AoS eligibility criteria are pretty obvious. However, if someone wants to be over cautious, does he visit to the local USCIS office for an additional confirmation ?
Thank you.

I have a question about a mistake on I-485.

I was getting ready for an interview going over the paperwork. And I realized I made a mistake and put old I-94 information on I-485.
My interview is coming up.
1. Should I tell the interviewer about this at the beginning of the interview or should I tell them if only asked?
2. How bad do you think this mistake is?

Thank you so much everyone here and for all the information.

Hi mom and everyone,
1. I haven't submitted the DS 260 yet.
I received an email from KCC with subject " [AF29xxx] Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter".

In the body: my name, CN, and "attached is the adjustment letter".
With two files attached: (1) a letter named after my CN, and (2) the DV fee paid receipt form. The letter reads: “Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with ... (USCIS)” … [goes on to mention]: “there are restrictions on who qualifies for adjustment of status ... see USCIS website” [wait] “until an immigrant visa number is available”, [and] “must pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $330.00 per person to the Department of State”.
As far as I can conclude, the letter is solely triggered by the email correspondence I had with KCC to change my case processing from CP to AoS. Is there anything out of the ordinary in receiving this letter from KCC before submitting the DS 260?
2. is this letter considered the NL2?
3. I understand it is still recommended to submit the DS 260. correct?
4. I read in this forum and I am convinced that the AoS eligibility criteria are pretty obvious. However, if someone wants to be over cautious, does he visit to the local USCIS office for an additional confirmation ?
Thank you.

1. Nope, nothing ordinary. You already figured out why it was sent.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes, however don’t be surprised if you end up being misled or not getting the right information from visiting your local USCIS Office.

I have a question about a mistake on I-485.

I was getting ready for an interview going over the paperwork. And I realized I made a mistake and put old I-94 information on I-485.
My interview is coming up.
1. Should I tell the interviewer about this at the beginning of the interview or should I tell them if only asked?
2. How bad do you think this mistake is?

Thank you so much everyone here and for all the information.

Present the correct I-94. You want to ensure your immigration records are up to date.

Hello all,

yesterday I had my interview in Lawrence MA.
It pretty much was the same experience Rex had.
My IO went through the entire I-485 and asked me all the yes/no questions.
She did not like to see any of the original documents, except of the letters from KCC and the reciept (which to both she said, oh yes, I have that here).
After that she said that everything looks good and my I-485 is approved and I should get my greencard within the next 3 to 4 weeks. But then she
said at the end, that she has not a lot of experience with DV cases and she has to check with her Manager to verify with KCC that all is in order.
In the beginning as she looked at the receipt for the payment of the fee $330 she said, that is what they gave you!
Hope this does not mean any delays.
My status on the USCIS homepage never changed, not even for the interview and it still did not change.

Thanks for the support and the information in this forum especially the spreatsheet.

Good luck everyone else.

Did you notice what changed? All I can see is ZIP code lookup hyperlink...
Second difference is absence of reminder "Don't forget to sign!" on page 15, where applicant's signature must be provided. I think everything else is the same.

Instructions for DV applicants (p. 39-40) are the same as well.

I'm sorry if this sounds as a stupid question, but I want to attach a cashier's check to pay my AOS fees ($1225) I just want to make sure I got this right:
1. TO: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
2. FOR: I-485 and Biometrics fees
3. Send to:
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

In addition one more question - I've attached my 2015 and 2016 W-2 forms, and I'm waiting for IRS to mail me tax return reports (which might take too long so I might just skip it). Are the report a must or optional?

Thanks!
Is it the address we should send the package?