• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi and Happy holidays,
I am not sure if I know what is the priority date for my case number for my case. I am current in Feb.
Could you please give me a clue?
thanks

Hi Mom ,your guidance has been a great help ,i am 2018 dv lottery winner ,my case current in December, I already send the AOS package to USCIS ,i have a question when I submitted the DS 260 i chosed my sister address as the mailing address for the green card now she moved to a new address,So 1- should i contact KCC to unlock my DS 260 to change the address ?2- and if i did would this cause delay in case process ? Thank you for your help

Hi and Happy holidays,
I am not sure if I know what is the priority date for my case number for my case. I am current in Feb.
Could you please give me a clue?
thanks

What do you need a priority date for? Priority dates are not applicable to DV based petitions.

Hi Mom ,your guidance has been a great help ,i am 2018 dv lottery winner ,my case current in December, I already send the AOS package to USCIS ,i have a question when I submitted the DS 260 i chosed my sister address as the mailing address for the green card now she moved to a new address,So 1- should i contact KCC to unlock my DS 260 to change the address ?2- and if i did would this cause delay in case process ? Thank you for your help

Whose address did you put on the forms in your AOS package? Do you live with your sister?

Whose address did you put on the forms in your AOS package? Do you live with your sister?
I put my address in the forms of AOS package and I recieved NOA and Bio letter ,
No i don’t live with her i put her address in the DS 260 because she is living there for years and i was not sure if i will stay in my address latter .
Thank you for your response

I put my address in the forms of AOS package and I recieved NOA and Bio letter ,
No i don’t live with her i put her address in the DS 260 because she is living there for years and i was not sure if i will stay in my address latter .
Thank you for your response

The GC gets sent to the address on the I-485, not the address on the DS-260 Form for AOSers. So whatever address you have on the DS Form isn’t really relevant.

For the purpose of that letter, if your CN is current in February, your priority date is February 1st.
So in this statement "Advanced Notification section of the August 2014 (use your applicable month/year in place of the August date sample) Visa Bulletin, the priority date for my case number is July 1st, 2015." both dates are Feb 1st in my case?

So in this statement "Advanced Notification section of the August 2014 (use your applicable month/year in place of the August date sample) Visa Bulletin, the priority date for my case number is July 1st, 2015." both dates are Feb 1st in my case?

No, they’re not! The first date refers to the issue date of the actual VB. What is the displayed month and year on the DOS’s website for the VB that shows you’re current in Feb?

hello and happy holidays! :)

I just recently sent in a cashiers check for the payment of the administrative fee ($330) to the DOS. I did enclose a dated envelope so the receipt will be mailed back to me, but I just remembered that I forgot to send a stamp with... Do you think they will send the receipt back to me/ will this delay receiving the receipt? should I send in a stamp late?

hello and happy holidays! :)

I just recently sent in a cashiers check for the payment of the administrative fee ($330) to the DOS. I did enclose a dated envelope so the receipt will be mailed back to me, but I just remembered that I forgot to send a stamp with... Do you think they will send the receipt back to me/ will this delay receiving the receipt? should I send in a stamp late?

Nope, not likely to receive the payment receipt by mail without a SAE.

Nope, not likely to receive the payment receipt by mail without a SAE.
Well, I did send a self-addressed envelope, I just forgot to get a stamp on it... Shoot! Should I try sending just a self-addressed envelope in tomorrow so I can receive the payment receipt? What would you recommend doing in this situation?

Hi,

My wife is a lottery winner. And, we will be current in February. I am finalizing my I-485. however, I have a question about items 25 and 27, part 8 at page 10 of the I-485 ("Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official?" and "Have you ever pled guilty to or been convicted of a crime or offense").
I received a speeding ticket for 5 mph over the speed limit last year. As a result, I pled guilty to the online court, paid the fine and took an online traffic course. The total amount that I paid for the court fee, the fine, and the course was $148. So, should I mark "yes" for items 25 and 27 of the mentioned part of form I-485?

Thanks and happy holidays

Well, I did send a self-addressed envelope, I just forgot to get a stamp on it... Shoot! Should I try sending just a self-addressed envelope in tomorrow so I can receive the payment receipt? What would you recommend doing in this situation?

When I wrote SAE in my previous post, I was referring to a Stamped Addressed Envelope, not a self addressed envelope which I clearly understood you sent.

Sendimg a follow up SAE is pointless. You however can email KCC and request for a copy of the receipt

Hi,

My wife is a lottery winner. And, we will be current in February. I am finalizing my I-485. however, I have a question about items 25 and 27, part 8 at page 10 of the I-485 ("Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official?" and "Have you ever pled guilty to or been convicted of a crime or offense").
I received a speeding ticket for 5 mph over the speed limit last year. As a result, I pled guilty to the online court, paid the fine and took an online traffic course. The total amount that I paid for the court fee, the fine, and the course was $148. So, should I mark "yes" for items 25 and 27 of the mentioned part of form I-485?

Thanks and happy holidays

There are two school of thoughts regarding these questions. Some legal experts are of the opinion that traffic offense do not need to be declared if the associated fine is less than $500. Some on the other hand feels it should be reported/declared on the form. So I honestly can’t give you a yes or no response on this. If you decide to report it, just be sure you have all your paper works related to the citation on hand for your interview.