• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

My interview is tomorrow and i'm in the European region. I'm so nervous about visa availability! :confused:
Fingers crossed for you. I am from EU region too yet to receive an interview letter. They were people from EU(AOS) that got their GC this week. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I get my fingerprints on July 16th, and as of July 19th, the USCIS status says review is completed, but until now I didn't get my IL! is it normal, or should I do something? I have an info pass appointment tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Hi everyone,
I get my fingerprints on July 16th, and as of July 19th, the USCIS status says review is completed, but until now I didn't get my IL! is it normal, or should I do something? I have an info pass appointment tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Yes that is normal.

I arrived at the Detroit field office with my son at 12:00 for our appointment at 1:00 and 2:00. We were not allowed to sign in before 12:25 so we sat and waited in the waiting room until 12:25 and then signed in. After we signed in we went back to the waiting room and continued our wait. We where greeted by a very nice lady around 1:40 and our interview lasted a total of 10 min. She saw that I had my son with and said she would make the appointment short and sweet. Once we entered the room I raise my had and took the oath and she proceeded to confirm all the information on our applications (name, address, DOB etc). After this she asked the Yes and NO questions and looked at the other documents that were sent in. She did not need any of the documents that I brought in with me. Then she took my fingerprints and a picture and congratulated me on wining the green card lottery and approved our visa!!! BUT she continued telling me that two of the systems are down and have been down for a couple of days so she was not able to allocate a visa for us just yet and she could not physically approve our visa in the system yet (But when the system is back up our date of approval will be august 6th). She also told me the second the system to check on the visas is up she would try to allocate visas for us (she said she could do this without the other system being back up - the system where she approves our visa online/in the database). Hopefully that made some sense, this is all a little over my head... So now I guess we wait some more! Im trying to stay optimistic, but Im a little worried. Has anyone else herd anything about the systems being down? Should I possibly schedule an info pass?

I arrived at the Detroit field office with my son at 12:00 for our appointment at 1:00 and 2:00. We were not allowed to sign in before 12:25 so we sat and waited in the waiting room until 12:25 and then signed in. After we signed in we went back to the waiting room and continued our wait. We where greeted by a very nice lady around 1:40 and our interview lasted a total of 10 min. She saw that I had my son with and said she would make the appointment short and sweet. Once we entered the room I raise my had and took the oath and she proceeded to confirm all the information on our applications (name, address, DOB etc). After this she asked the Yes and NO questions and looked at the other documents that were sent in. She did not need any of the documents that I brought in with me. Then she took my fingerprints and a picture and congratulated me on wining the green card lottery and approved our visa!!! BUT she continued telling me that two of the systems are down and have been down for a couple of days so she was not able to allocate a visa for us just yet and she could not physically approve our visa in the system yet (But when the system is back up our date of approval will be august 6th). She also told me the second the system to check on the visas is up she would try to allocate visas for us (she said she could do this without the other system being back up - the system where she approves our visa online/in the database). Hopefully that made some sense, this is all a little over my head... So now I guess we wait some more! Im trying to stay optimistic, but Im a little worried. Has anyone else herd anything about the systems being down? Should I possibly schedule an info pass?
Congrats

Congrats to you, you're really very close to the finish line.

My wife and I attended our Interview too on July 30th but during/at the end of the Interview, the IO didn't ask for our fingerprint/picture at all.

@Sm1smom, is this normal? And if later we get approved, will we need to come in again for the updated photo/fingerprints?

My wife and I attended our Interview too on July 30th but during/at the end of the Interview, the IO didn't ask for our fingerprint/picture at all.

@Sm1smom, is this normal? And if later we get approved, will we need to come in again for the updated photo/fingerprints?
She told me that she only took the picture and finger prints to check that I was who I was saying I was :) She said that they aren't going to be used for anything!

Yes that’s normal. No.

Hi mom!
As earlier I said to you my physical address and mailing address is messed up. Finally, I have my interview done today. I came to SLC with info pass and requested to talk with the supervisor when the supervisor called me he had interview letter printed with him and gave it to me. My interview experience:

I was called and the officer was nice but not that talkative so I did not have to slip myself off the topic :p. He asked my passport verified in the computer and returned back to me. Took my picture and both the index fingerprint was taken saying that just to verify. Asked my full name, dob etc and went through the I-485 form and asked YES/NO questions with ticking right. At last, he said everything looks good the only thing is I need to request your file from KCC. I came out and I got the message saying update in your case, checked online and it says INTERVIEW WAS COMPLETED AND MY CASE MUST BE REVIEWED. When I called KCC, the lady over the phone said USCIS has not requested your case yet but make sure they request through only the EMAIL not by FAX as we recently stopped honoring FAX request. She suggested me to inform USCIS to request through EMAIL. Now my questions are

1) Am I good now or is there any chances that they will still deny me?
2) How do I inform USCIS that request my case only through EMAIL, not by FAX?
I plan to go tomorrow with the info pass and talk but I don't think the person on the window is that helpful and if I request to talk with the supervisor to have my case request only through EMAIL is a good idea or just to wait and see?
3) Is requesting cases from KCC to have the visas allocated and transfer to the USCIS?
4) How long the USCIS take to request the case from KCC?
5) How long the process takes now?

After the interview, I feel anxiety :p

I really appreciate your suggestion on this. Thanks in Advance !!

Hi mom!
As earlier I said to you my physical address and mailing address is messed up. Finally, I have my interview done today. I came to SLC with info pass and requested to talk with the supervisor when the supervisor called me he had interview letter printed with him and gave it to me. My interview experience:

I was called and the officer was nice but not that talkative so I did not have to slip myself off the topic :p. He asked my passport verified in the computer and returned back to me. Took my picture and both the index fingerprint was taken saying that just to verify. Asked my full name, dob etc and went through the I-485 form and asked YES/NO questions with ticking right. At last, he said everything looks good the only thing is I need to request your file from KCC. I came out and I got the message saying update in your case, checked online and it says INTERVIEW WAS COMPLETED AND MY CASE MUST BE REVIEWED. When I called KCC, the lady over the phone said USCIS has not requested your case yet but make sure they request through only the EMAIL not by FAX as we recently stopped honoring FAX request. She suggested me to inform USCIS to request through EMAIL. Now my questions are

1) Am I good now or is there any chances that they will still deny me?
2) How do I inform USCIS that request my case only through EMAIL, not by FAX?
I plan to go tomorrow with the info pass and talk but I don't think the person on the window is that helpful and if I request to talk with the supervisor to have my case request only through EMAIL is a good idea or just to wait and see?
3) Is requesting cases from KCC to have the visas allocated and transfer to the USCIS?
4) How long the USCIS take to request the case from KCC?
5) How long the process takes now?

After the interview, I feel anxiety :p

I really appreciate your suggestion on this. Thanks in Advance !!

Congratulations on getting interviewed at an INFOPASS appointment - clearly validation of one of the things I keep saying: Anyone attending an INFOPASS appointment should do so fully prepared for the possibility of their interview being scheduled on the spot.

1. I don’t know. Your IO has the final say. Nothing is certain until you get the actual GC.
2. It’s not your job to inform USCIS contrary to what the KCC rep told you on the phone. The change in procedure would have been communicated to USCIS when it was implemented.
3. I don’t understand this question.
4. I don’t know, there’s no law that says when the request must be made. They will do so at their own convenience.
5. Unpredictable.

Congratulations on getting interviewed at an INFOPASS appointment - clearly validation of one of the things I keep saying: Anyone attending an INFOPASS appointment should do so fully prepared for the possibility of their interview being scheduled on the spot.

1. I don’t know. Your IO has the final say. Nothing is certain until you get the actual GC.
2. It’s not your job to inform USCIS contrary to what the KCC rep told you on the phone. The change in procedure would have been communicated to USCIS when it was implemented.
3. I don’t understand this question.
4. I don’t know, there’s no law that says when the request must be made. They will do so at their own convenience.
5. Unpredictable.

Thank you, mom, for your valuable inputs.
Actually qsn#3 I mean to ask is that, when USCIS requests the case from KCC, at the time of transferring case to USCIS, Does KCC allocate the immigrant visa or for what purpose USCIS request the case. Just curious about this request.

I will just wait and see. By the way how long should I wait and see?

Thanks a lot for your help !!

@Sm1smom
1.Have you herd anything about the systems being down?
2.Do you think I should schedule an info pass?

Thank you, mom, for your valuable inputs.
Actually qsn#3 I mean to ask is that, when USCIS requests the case from KCC, at the time of transferring case to USCIS, Does KCC allocate the immigrant visa or for what purpose USCIS request the case. Just curious about this request.

I will just wait and see. By the way how long should I wait and see?

Thanks a lot for your help !!

KCC does not allocate visas to AOSers, USCIS logs into IVANSWEB, a visa system to request/retrieve the visa. KCC case file is requested for review purpose and for consolidation of immigrant petition file.

Hi Mom , so i received a response for my expedite request it says
" Thank you for your service request. The officer and supervisor overseeing your case are working to complete a decision as fast as possible. They are aware of the deadline and are acting accordingly.Thank you for your patience"

Your thoughts?

" Thank you for your service request. The officer and supervisor overseeing your case are working to complete a decision as fast as possible. They are aware of the deadline and are acting accordingly.Thank you for your patience"

Your thoughts?

Confirms my July 7th response - your case needed to be rewieved by your IO’s supervisor. You can plan on going on another infopass in one or two weeks’ time.

Your thoughts?

This is probably a dumb question - but how did you submit the expedite request again?

@AO SER and @F1_AOS , may I know which Region you guys are under/in? And which Field Office did you have your interview at?

I have a similar Case Status (Interview is over and now case needs to be reviewed) and I was interviewed on July 30th. I'm in the Asia Region. FO is Chicago.

Congressional inquiry in a week or another INFOPASS in two weeks if IL hasn’t shown up by then.

Dear Mom and sm1smom,
Hi
I would like to send a congressional inquiry for expediting my case and need your professional suggestion. I am living in South Dakota state and my case is in USCIS Minneapolis service center. My question is whether am I able to send my inquiry to the senators in Minnesota rather than sending it to one of the senators in South Dakota state?
(Both of the senators in South Dakota are republican while those are in Minnesota are Democratic )
Thanks