• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

I arrived at the Detroit field office with my son at 12:00 for our appointment at 1:00 and 2:00. We were not allowed to sign in before 12:25 so we sat and waited in the waiting room until 12:25 and then signed in. After we signed in we went back to the waiting room and continued our wait. We where greeted by a very nice lady around 1:40 and our interview lasted a total of 10 min. She saw that I had my son with and said she would make the appointment short and sweet. Once we entered the room I raise my had and took the oath and she proceeded to confirm all the information on our applications (name, address, DOB etc). After this she asked the Yes and NO questions and looked at the other documents that were sent in. She did not need any of the documents that I brought in with me. Then she took my fingerprints and a picture and congratulated me on wining the green card lottery and approved our visa!!! BUT she continued telling me that two of the systems are down and have been down for a couple of days so she was not able to allocate a visa for us just yet and she could not physically approve our visa in the system yet (But when the system is back up our date of approval will be august 6th). She also told me the second the system to check on the visas is up she would try to allocate visas for us (she said she could do this without the other system being back up - the system where she approves our visa online/in the database). Hopefully that made some sense, this is all a little over my head... So now I guess we wait some more! Im trying to stay optimistic, but Im a little worried. Has anyone else herd anything about the systems being down? Should I possibly schedule an info pass?

I am also from EU region, do you have any update on your case? I could not read any post attended interview in the month of August. Hoping visas exist.

Yes I know... I have everything ready except the receipt of DV fees that I haven't received yet. Is that an issue if I send the AOS package without it?

I also submitted my first application package without the DV fee receipt. I took a photo of the money order and the receipt of the USPS mail tracking showing the postal address of Department of State DV office. I printed both photos and included them into my application package. This was advised to me by an attorney because of the time constraint. I should also note that first application package was rejected due to mixture of payment. The second time I submitted my Aos application I added the receipt as it was arrived before I received back my application.

Hello mom. Can I know if my background check is complete or not by calling the USCIS phone customer service? Thank you for your help.

I am also from EU region, do you have any update on your case? I could not read any post attended interview in the month of August. Hoping visas exist.

The systems are still down unfortunately. There hasn't been any new update in our case. Ill update as soon as I know anything new!

The systems are still down unfortunately. There hasn't been any new update in our case. Ill update as soon as I know anything new!
Hi Mamund, how do you know that the system to check Visa Availability is still down? Did you have an InfoPass Appointment earlier today or call USCIS today?

Thanks!

Do DV approved applicants get the 797 approval form on the mail like others or they just get the green card?

Do DV approved applicants get the 797 approval form on the mail like others or they just get the green card?
yes, both me and my spouse got 797A. My spouse got 797 first then after 5 days GC arrived.Mine is reverse,got GC first then 797 delivered after a week. FYI

I received an email from the officer who conducted our interview.
That's really nice of him/her! Did s/he say when it'd be back up?

@Sm1smom, from what you've been seeing, how often did this happen - the IO providing regular updates via email directly to the Applicant?

Last edited:
What the officer said on the email and when the system will be back to normal

All she said was that the systems are still down in the email. At the interview she mentioned that it could take some days, but she couldn’t tell me anything for sure.

That's really nice of him/her! Did s/he say when it'd be back up?

@Sm1smom, from what you've been seeing, how often did this happen - the IO providing regular updates via email directly to the Applicant?

It’s not unusual for some IOs to provide direct updates after the interview.

I am not the only one who is struggling from this process, some other people here with other different status they had hardship too, so it is not because I am with pending asylum status or because i receive public benefits before as well

Hello,,,I am a pending asylum applicant and a have been selected for 2019 with high number in the AS region. I was reading the threads in this post just to get an idea what i will be going through in the future. and actually i felt panic when i read this post because you mentioned that "your kids have received public benefits" what do you mean by that ? because my child have also benefited from the head start school program and we also as a family applied for Obama care (MarketPlace) last year and they have transferred me to medicaid because i was on law income last year..now i am working and i am insured through my employer...so i am concerned now after i read your post...my question is: will the benefits that my and my family received will become a hurdle in the AOS process from pending asylum to GC through DV ?? is there anything that i should be aware to avoid any problem that i may face when the FO ask about public benefits ?

Thanks

Hello,,,I am a pending asylum applicant and a have been selected for 2019 with high number in the AS region. I was reading the threads in this post just to get an idea what i will be going through in the future. and actually i felt panic when i read this post because you mentioned that "your kids have received public benefits" what do you mean by that ? because my child have also benefited from the head start school program and we also as a family applied for Obama care (MarketPlace) last year and they have transferred me to medicaid because i was on law income last year..now i am working and i am insured through my employer...so i am concerned now after i read your post...my question is: will the benefits that my and my family received will become a hurdle in the AOS process from pending asylum to GC through DV ?? is there anything that i should be aware to avoid any problem that i may face when the FO ask about public benefits ?

Thanks
In fact I don't knwo how this would effect my case so far, when the officer asked me I said yes and then he asked me what kind of benefits I received I told him the schools of my kids, he didn't seems as paid any attention for my response and went through the rest of my application questions.
I didn't receive any feedback yet from them hopefully it is not big deal.

Hi MOM!

I am so happy this morning when I see New Card Is Being Produced I called KCC yesterday and they said USCIS has requested my case and they have transferred right away. Hopefully, I am getting my GC within next week as I haven't applied EAD or PAROLE card(No idea how long does it take to arrive in the mailbox though). I am very thankful to MOM who is suggesting people here selflessly. I have a few questions regarding my FTJ(Following to Join):

I put my USC sister as a sponsor by filling form I-134 and submitted her PP copy along with her and her husband joint tax filing paper(not the transcript, it has almost 20 pages).
1) How to process for my spouse and child for CP as FTJ?
2) What are the documents to be sent as sponsorship? In the form I-134 that I submitted, she has mentioned my wife and my child too.
3) I am planning to send her following documents:
i) The first letter ( DV Selection letter)
ii) DS-260 confirmation page (my wife and my child)
iii) My PP copy with photo page, f1 visa page, POE stamp page
iv) AOS letter from KCC
v) And I-797 NOA once it comes to me but not sure without this she can go to the embassy
And I will be asking her to have her and child
i) PP
ii) Academic Docs
iii) Police report (both hers and child's)

Please suggest me on this if I again have to make a followup with USCIS or what exact process do i need to make further.

Thanks again mom for providing help which is life changing!!

Hi MOM!

I am so happy this morning when I see New Card Is Being Produced I called KCC yesterday and they said USCIS has requested my case and they have transferred right away. Hopefully, I am getting my GC within next week as I haven't applied EAD or PAROLE card(No idea how long does it take to arrive in the mailbox though). I am very thankful to MOM who is suggesting people here selflessly. I have a few questions regarding my FTJ(Following to Join):

I put my USC sister as a sponsor by filling form I-134 and submitted her PP copy along with her and her husband joint tax filing paper(not the transcript, it has almost 20 pages).
2) What are the documents to be sent as sponsorship? In the form I-134 that I submitted, she has mentioned my wife and my child too.
iv) AOS letter from KCC
v) And I-797 NOA once it comes to me but not sure without this she can go to the embassy
i) PP
ii) Academic Docs

Please suggest me on this if I again have to make a followup with USCIS or what exact process do i need to make further.

Congrats and all the best with the new chapter in your life.
(New card is being produced) message is received by text msg or updated in your online status??

Hi MOM!

iv) AOS letter from KCC
i) PP
ii) Academic Docs

Congratulations! Do you mind telling us which is your region?