• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Dear Mom and sm1smom,
Hi
I would like to send a congressional inquiry for expediting my case and need your professional suggestion. I am living in South Dakota state and my case is in USCIS Minneapolis service center. My question is whether am I able to send my inquiry to the senators in Minnesota rather than sending it to one of the senators in South Dakota state?
(Both of the senators in South Dakota are republican while those are in Minnesota are Democratic )
Thanks

Your place of residence is under the South Dakota constituency, so you should be contacting the House of Rep person in South Dakota your home street address falls under.

Not yet???? Wow!

You do realize your applicable FY ends on Sept. 30th and if you’re not approved by that day, that’s it?

Yes I know... I have everything ready except the receipt of DV fees that I haven't received yet. Is that an issue if I send the AOS package without it?

Yes I know... I have everything ready except the receipt of DV fees that I haven't received yet. Is that an issue if I send the AOS package without it?

Sending the AOS package with the payment receipt is always recommended. However if you want to take a chance, you can send your package without it and keep your fingers crossed hoping the Chicago Lockbox doesn’t reject the package. You can also email KCC and request a copy of the receipt be emailed to you, which you can then print.

Sending the AOS package with the payment receipt is always recommended. However if you want to take a chance, you can send your package without it and keep your fingers crossed hoping the Chicago Lockbox doesn’t reject the package. You can also email KCC and request a copy of the receipt be emailed to you, which you can then print.

Ok thank you, I will do that

I must say, you don’t appear to be operating under any sense of urgency here. I was just wondering if you are clear that there are still a number of steps in the process that need to be completed between sending in the form and getting the case approved, and there’s now only about 7 weeks left for all of that to be done?

I must say, you don’t appear to be operating under any sense of urgency here. I was just wondering if you are clear that there are still a number of steps in the process that need to be completed between sending in the form and getting the case approved, and there’s now only about 7 weeks left for all of that to be done?
Maybe I don't appear but I am ! So I believe you think it's too late... What's your thought ?

Maybe I don't appear but I am ! So I believe you think it's too late... What's your thought ?

You definitely don’t appear to be, as a week ago you were asked the same thing and still haven’t submitted even though britsimon pointed out you could have at that stage submitted a few weeks previously already!

I don’t know if it’s too late, I don’t work at your FO...

Hi Mom,

I received the bio-letter on 2nd of August but it was scheduled for 08/17. I tried walked in for the bio metrics on 08/06 (Monday) . The officer recognized the urgency of the DV case and took my picture and finger prints. Now my case status has changed to "fingerprint review was completed" as of 08/07 .

1) does that mean my background search is complete?
2) Is there a different case update when the background search is completed?

Thank you!

Hi Mom,

I received the bio-letter on 2nd of August but it was scheduled for 08/17. I tried walked in for the bio metrics on 08/06 (Monday) . The officer recognized the urgency of the DV case and took my picture and finger prints. Now my case status has changed to "fingerprint review was completed" as of 08/07 .

1) does that mean my background search is complete?
2) Is there a different case update when the background search is completed?

Thank you!

1. No. It just means the captured fingerprints have been reviewed and her found to be readable. Background check continues in the background.
2. No.

Can anyone who's DV case was approved post a screenshot or list the updates that appear on their USCIS account, please? Just want to know what to expect in the future. At the moment the only 3 updates I have are;
  • We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case
  • We received your biometrics fee and are reviewing your case
  • We received your case

You definitely don’t appear to be, as a week ago you were asked the same thing and still haven’t submitted even though britsimon pointed out you could have at that stage submitted a few weeks previously already!

I don’t know if it’s too late, I don’t work at your FO...

WoW ok ! I really appreciate all your help as I believe it’s a LOT of work but please don’t be rude. I just asked the question about the DV fees receipt before submitting it. Now I have my answer and I thank you all for that.

WoW ok ! I really appreciate all your help as I believe it’s a LOT of work but please don’t be rude. I just asked the question about the DV fees receipt before submitting it. Now I have my answer and I thank you all for that.

Not trying to be rude, just making an observation. With the spreadsheet available, most people with high CNs have had their packages ready to go as soon as their number is published. Hence the puzzlement a few people have expressed as to why it’s almost a month after you could have submitted and it still isn’t sent in. (You could already have had almost a month’s start on your background check and probably had your biometrics done or at least scheduled and just be waiting for an interview notice for September.) Anyway hopefully you don’t have any hiccups and have an FO that immediately understands the urgency.

Susie was not being rude - just straightforward. Because you have had over a year to learn about the process, you originally wasted 3 weeks because you weren't paying enough attention, and since you were told that ,you let another week go by. Honestly - I truly wonder whether this is important to you. If it is - there is no need to respond, but you should get a move on. As it is, you have injected more risk into an already risky situation that needs time. No one here can tell you what your chances are - but unless you start doing rather than wasting time, your chance will disappear.

Good morning,

Thank you for all the information provided in the forum. I've come across with the forum very recently after submitting my AOS package. I am the PA and submitted my AOS package in the first week of June. However, my first application was returned back to me due to mixture of payment (I included a personal check for my husband and the G-1450 form for myself as I did not have personal issued on my name). I included two personal checks (both belongs to my husband) in my second AOS application and our applications were accepted on June 20th. My husband and I both had our walk-in biometrics done on July 16th. I am the PA and have not received IL, yet. My husband has received his IL and it has been scheduled for August 16th. Last week, I had an INFOPASS and during my appointment learnt that no IL had been issued for me. I cannot understand what keeps my case from being scheduled for an interview. When I call the USCIS it seems that my background check has been completed (though my status is still fingerprint fee was received and my husband status is fingerprint fee was completed).

I am planning to take all the necessary documents with me and try to attend my husband's interview. My concern is what should I do if the USCIS officer does not allow me to enter the interview with him? Any idea? I called the USCIS and was told that I should expect my own IL. Thank you for your response!

Good morning,

Thank you for all the information provided in the forum. I've come across with the forum very recently after submitting my AOS package. I am the PA and submitted my AOS package in the first week of June. However, my first application was returned back to me due to mixture of payment (I included a personal check for my husband and the G-1450 form for myself as I did not have personal issued on my name). I included two personal checks (both belongs to my husband) in my second AOS application and our applications were accepted on June 20th. My husband and I both had our walk-in biometrics done on July 16th. I am the PA and have not received IL, yet. My husband has received his IL and it has been scheduled for August 16th. Last week, I had an INFOPASS and during my appointment learnt that no IL had been issued for me. I cannot understand what keeps my case from being scheduled for an interview. When I call the USCIS it seems that my background check has been completed (though my status is still fingerprint fee was received and my husband status is fingerprint fee was completed).

I am planning to take all the necessary documents with me and try to attend my husband's interview. My concern is what should I do if the USCIS officer does not allow me to enter the interview with him? Any idea? I called the USCIS and was told that I should expect my own IL. Thank you for your response!

Your husband’s IL will cover you, attend the interview with him fully prepared. Don’t go into a long explanation about you being the PA and not receiving your own IL at the entry with the security guards - present the IL and if they ask about yours, tell them you’re together. Some FOs simply send just one IL addressed to one person which usually covers the entire family. The interviewing IO will not refuse to interview you. Come back and let us know how it went.

All the best.

Your husband’s IL will cover you, attend the interview with him fully prepared. Don’t go into a long explanation about you being the PA and not receiving your own IL at the entry with the security guards - present the IL and if they ask about yours, tell them you’re together. Some FOs simply send just one IL addressed to one person which usually covers the entire family. The interviewing IO will not refuse to interview you. Come back and let us know how it went.

All the best.

Thank you very much for the kind response! I will prepare for the interview and attend with him, then. I know that my AOS case is in the FO and my file from KCC has also arrived to the FO. Hopefully I'll not be rejected for any reason. I will let you know.

Hello. I had many delays in getting original documents (I could have submitted everything in April if my documents from Africa arrived on time). I am currently on an F1 visa. Finally I submitted the application 7/12/18 received receipt of application from Chicago dropbox 7/20/18 via email and text, received the letter 7/23/18, received biometrics notification 8/3/18 for 8/16/18. I did a walk in at the Application Support Office in Chicago 8/7/18 (which was a very fast experience and all the staff was friendly.)

I know this varies for everyone but I am wondering 1. what others have experienced regarding timeline of receiving the IL after biometrics was completed. I am more curious about timelines for those who submitted their applications in the last month or two. 2. Should I only be concerned about the updates on the USCIS website about case status from this point on? When I checked my visa application on ceac.state.gov it told me that my case is at NVC, and if I check the DS260 application status it says case is at KCC. I am trying my best to not be anxious, but with 7 weeks to go its a bit nerve wrecking and the timeline listed for the Chicago field office to process AOS is 7 months. Hoping for the best.

Thanks to everyone in the group for all the informative sharing of experiences. And Thanks mom for the detailed excel sheet - my application packet was so easy to put together with the step by step instruction.

Hello. I had many delays in getting original documents (I could have submitted everything in April if my documents from Africa arrived on time). I am currently on an F1 visa. Finally I submitted the application 7/12/18 received receipt of application from Chicago dropbox 7/20/18 via email and text, received the letter 7/23/18, received biometrics notification 8/3/18 for 8/16/18. I did a walk in at the Application Support Office in Chicago 8/7/18 (which was a very fast experience and all the staff was friendly.)

I know this varies for everyone but I am wondering 1. what others have experienced regarding timeline of receiving the IL after biometrics was completed. I am more curious about timelines for those who submitted their applications in the last month or two. 2. Should I only be concerned about the updates on the USCIS website about case status from this point on? When I checked my visa application on ceac.state.gov it told me that my case is at NVC, and if I check the DS260 application status it says case is at KCC. I am trying my best to not be anxious, but with 7 weeks to go its a bit nerve wrecking and the timeline listed for the Chicago field office to process AOS is 7 months. Hoping for the best.

Thanks to everyone in the group for all the informative sharing of experiences. And Thanks mom for the detailed excel sheet - my application packet was so easy to put together with the step by step instruction.
Hi Lari,

You can update your timelines here and get an idea from previous years' spreadsheets as well:

https://docs.[REMOVE]google.com/spr...AzFPN-StuehgQYYkckwtJYI6OLhX6UIIEg/edit#gid=0

1. Please see the Timelines spreadsheets for information about other forum members timelines. You will find the links to both present and previous timelines we’ve put together here on the AOS process spreadsheet which is linked to the first post on page one of this thread.

2. All those updates are not applicable to DV based AOS petitions. See the AOS process spreadsheet I referenced above for a better understanding of the process you’re going through.

I want to update that I received my IL today. It is one day later my husband’s interview. I am still planning to attend my husband’s appointment. If I am rejected, I will attend to my own appointment then.