• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Mom,

My foreign changeability is Aruba (ARB) we are part of the Kingdom Of the Netherlands. (EU). A small island of only 120,000 people. The foreign birth certificate was provided by Census and someone else translated it for me. That is the only foreign document that was included in my package. I did college here so the transcripts are in English. They can easily verify it with the Dutch Embassy in Miami or DC.

1.What do you suggest doing, Mom?

I think the person you saw gave you a BS response to get you to leave since he wasn’t able to provide any additional information regarding when an interview could take place. Schedule another INFOPASS in two weeks time.

Hi Mom
Here is my case progress so far:
Case# 2018AS00004xxx
DS 260 fees Paid
26/06: AOS package sent to chicago by UPS.
July 11: Checks cashed.
July 16th: Bio metrics don in Kansas City FO.
July 19th: Review of your fingerprints completed.
July 31: Expedite request is assigned to an officer for response.

Current Case Status: As of July 19, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1891352026, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move

Next Step: We will prepare your case for officer review. If we need more information, we will notify you.

I have info pass appointemnt on Aug 7th. Do you have any recommendation of what should I ask or do to push the process?

The following link contains applicable guidance re questions to ask at INFOPASS:
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-176#post-2478329

To the best of my knowledge, CPO update only shows up after the visa reservation has been made. I believe your GC should be showing up shortly.
Hi mom, just wanted to say an enormous thank you for all the info and advice you provide on this forum! I received my GC yesterday in the mail and could not have gotten through this process without you and this forum! Thank you! I had one final question, I received my GC and an I-797 approval notice for adjustment of status to permanent residency but not the Welcome Letter (it was different wording to I-797 Welcome Letters I saw online). Do I need to follow up with USCIS if I don't receive the Welcome Letter? Or is having the card the only thing you need? Thank you so much!

No, not yet. I waited for my CN to be current. Is this too late ??

You could have sent it three weeks ago. Mom's spreadsheet has clear details of the early filing policy. As for is it "too late" - well - you can only know that by trying.

Hi mom, just wanted to say an enormous thank you for all the info and advice you provide on this forum! I received my GC yesterday in the mail and could not have gotten through this process without you and this forum! Thank you! I had one final question, I received my GC and an I-797 approval notice for adjustment of status to permanent residency but not the Welcome Letter (it was different wording to I-797 Welcome Letters I saw online). Do I need to follow up with USCIS if I don't receive the Welcome Letter? Or is having the card the only thing you need? Thank you so much!

What do you need the Welcome Letter for?
You have your GC. You’re done for now with USCIS. Go on, have a happy life! Have a drink on me

tenor.gif

Hi mom, thanks for all the advice, I did my fingerprints last week and I´ve just received a phone call from the Field Office scheduling my interview for the 15th of August. At first, I thought it was a scam but then I received an email from the IO confirming the date and the address is a @uscis.dhs.gov so I guess everything is fine! I´ll update my information on the spreadsheet

Hi mom, thanks for all the advice, I did my fingerprints last week and I´ve just received a phone call from the Field Office scheduling my interview for the 15th of August. At first, I thought it was a scam but then I received an email from the IO confirming the date and the address is a @uscis.dhs.gov so I guess everything is fine! I´ll update my information on the spreadsheet

That’s great. It’s not unusual for some IOs to call and provide interview updates as we get closer to the end of the FY. We’ve even heard reports of some that received such phone calls and were asked if they were ready to come in the following day. It’s so nice when an IO recognizes the urgency involved and do their best to work with the petitioners assigned to them.

All the best with your interview.

Hi Hyori,
Thanks for sharing your experience. May I know which FO you are at?

Hi MOM,

I just came from the infopass today.

The lady today was friendlier than the other person before.

I start my question as you suggest me before.

She said that I understand your DV case should be done before September.

As we provide our receipt number she said that our case was assigned to immigration officer and she added -- he was very nice and experienced about DV case.

After typing some sentence -- she said that she just asked the officer about our case and told us that -- officer replied that he is reviewing our case. I am not sure how fast she communicate with the officer who is looking our case. She types a couple of sentences after looking our receipt number. I am not sure she chat or email to the officer.

I asked her about our security/background check but she does not want to answer and she replied that officer is reviewing your case if he needs anything you will get a mail.

And also I called to KCC yesterday, they tell me that our field office requested our file at 25th July and they send file at the same date.

So, for me it seems that our case is under review by the officer but not sure how long it will take him to take decision. As the officer requested the KCC file, it shows some positive hope that officer is aware of DV case and is working on our case.

So, MOM – as our previous conversation we are planning to step up for ombudsmen today..

From this scenario—

1) What will be the best move in your opinion?

I have taken the another infopass for 17th August but I am not sure that should we wait that long if nothing updates up-to that time…

I would highly appreciate your suggestion MOM.

Thank You

Hi MOM,

I just came from the infopass today.

The lady today was friendlier than the other person before.

I start my question as you suggest me before.

She said that I understand your DV case should be done before September.

As we provide our receipt number she said that our case was assigned to immigration officer and she added -- he was very nice and experienced about DV case.

After typing some sentence -- she said that she just asked the officer about our case and told us that -- officer replied that he is reviewing our case. I am not sure how fast she communicate with the officer who is looking our case. She types a couple of sentences after looking our receipt number. I am not sure she chat or email to the officer.

I asked her about our security/background check but she does not want to answer and she replied that officer is reviewing your case if he needs anything you will get a mail.

And also I called to KCC yesterday, they tell me that our field office requested our file at 25th July and they send file at the same date.

So, for me it seems that our case is under review by the officer but not sure how long it will take him to take decision. As the officer requested the KCC file, it shows some positive hope that officer is aware of DV case and is working on our case.

So, MOM – as our previous conversation we are planning to step up for ombudsmen today..

From this scenario—

1) What will be the best move in your opinion?

I have taken the another infopass for 17th August but I am not sure that should we wait that long if nothing updates up-to that time…

I would highly appreciate your suggestion MOM.

Thank You

It clearly looks like your IO understands your petition is DV based and is aware of the time crunch involved. You can wait till the end of next week to see if there’s any update re IL before going the ombudsman’s route. You can also do that right away if you like. But just so you’re aware, the ombudsman’s Office can’t force USCIS to make a decision if your background check is still pending. Having another infopass scheduled for mid August is a good move.

Reactions: Wra
Hi Mom,

I did my interview at the Minneapolis/st Paul field on July 2nd . Everything seemed fine and the officer told me i should check status online after 2 weeks and they will contact me if they need to. After 5 days My status update changed to "Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number was completed, and your case must be reviewed. On July 30th i went for an info pass to check on the status of my case and i was informed that they had just issued a request for evidence two days before and that i would receive it in the mail. I asked that the officer conducting the infopass issue me with the RFE since i was already . He went inside checked my file and came back with the RFE which required
1.Evidence of payment of 330 DV adminstrative fee
2Evidence of mainatining lawful F1 Status eg i797 approval notices, i 2os , school records
3 .Arrival departure record i94

The most weird part is that i had submitted all these documents that they were requesting for in my initial application plus many more. I had all these documents with me at the time of the infopass and i handed all of them to the officer who said that he will add them to my file and hand it over to my I.O . He then told me " the file is infornt of her desk " He said that the person interviewing my case is a bit new to this stuff and that he had had a chit chat with her and the issue was that there was some back and forth between the I.O and supervisor on what are the requirements .He told me that to him my case is approvable . I also asked if i could see the officer but they said it was not possible. I called KCC and they said me my file has never been requested. I then decided to call USCIS to ask for my case to be expedited but i have not recieved any response from them . It only says, On August 2, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1'''SPM, was assigned to an officer for response.

I have a few questions ,
1. Can my case be approved without requesting for the file from KCC because i have been mentioning it in all the 4 infopasses and these guys always say that the file is with them and when i try to explain its NOT MY PHYSICAL file but the KCC file they seem not to understand leave alone care about.
2.Any advice on What should i do next ? I had already contacted senators office and they got the same response and now they are saying that they do enquiries every 60 -90days. But i dont have 60- 90 days.
3. I have infopass on Aug 13 . What should i do ? Ask?

Thank you !

1. If that’s the information available on her website, then that’s her preferred form of contact. Some provide phone numbers.

2. No harm in contacting her.
Just when I was going to do this.... my husband and I finally got the interview! We are going in on 8/28. Will let you all know how it goes + tips!

Hi Mom,

I did my interview at the Minneapolis/st Paul field on July 2nd . Everything seemed fine and the officer told me i should check status online after 2 weeks and they will contact me if they need to. After 5 days My status update changed to "Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number was completed, and your case must be reviewed. On July 30th i went for an info pass to check on the status of my case and i was informed that they had just issued a request for evidence two days before and that i would receive it in the mail. I asked that the officer conducting the infopass issue me with the RFE since i was already . He went inside checked my file and came back with the RFE which required
2Evidence of mainatining lawful F1 Status eg i797 approval notices, i 2os , school records

The most weird part is that i had submitted all these documents that they were requesting for in my initial application plus many more. I had all these documents with me at the time of the infopass and i handed all of them to the officer who said that he will add them to my file and hand it over to my I.O . He then told me " the file is infornt of her desk " He said that the person interviewing my case is a bit new to this stuff and that he had had a chit chat with her and the issue was that there was some back and forth between the I.O and supervisor on what are the requirements .He told me that to him my case is approvable . I also asked if i could see the officer but they said it was not possible. I called KCC and they said me my file has never been requested. I then decided to call USCIS to ask for my case to be expedited but i have not recieved any response from them . It only says, On August 2, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1'''SPM, was assigned to an officer for response.

I have a few questions ,
1. Can my case be approved without requesting for the file from KCC because i have been mentioning it in all the 4 infopasses and these guys always say that the file is with them and when i try to explain its NOT MY PHYSICAL file but the KCC file they seem not to understand leave alone care about.
2.Any advice on What should i do next ? I had already contacted senators office and they got the same response and now they are saying that they do enquiries every 60 -90days. But i dont have 60- 90 days.

Thank you !

I hope you get your GC without any further hardship.
AOS process is the worst experiences I have ever had in my entire life. If times able to get back I will never do it.

I hope you get your GC without any further hardship.
AOS process is the worst experiences I have ever had in my entire life. If times able to get back I will never do it.
Hi AO SER
My field office is also in Minneapolis/st Paul. I really do not know what is going on in this field office! My info pass was on July 31 and they said I am in the line to be invited for interview. I asked them whether have they requested my case from KCC or not (because as I am checking KCC, my field office have not requested it yet). The answer was " you do not need to be worry about your case in KCC because your case is now in this field office and we are working on that". I am also confused about that, by considering your case how FO would process the case without requesting the file from KCC?

Hi Mom,

I have a few questions ,

Thank you !

1. KCC file is required, but it’s not impossible for the petition to be approved without it. I believe one person from the 2018 FY already reported being approved without their IO requesting for the KCC file.
2. You can contact the ombudsman’s for assistance in following up with your FO.
3. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/page-176#post-2478329