• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding the medical examination. We live in the US and will likely fly back to Australia for CP, and I'm wondering whether we can just go to a US Civil Surgeon for the medical exam (we've done this before for a different application), rather than having to do it in Australia. Is that possible?

Thanks!
This is actually covered by FAQ on DOS page: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...terview-prepare/medical-examination-faqs.html
Can the medical examination take place in the United States if the applicant is pursuing a visa application abroad while physically present in the United States?
Visa medical examinations may not be conducted in the United States. An alien pursuing a visa application abroad while physically present in the United States must have the medical examination conducted by a panel physician approved by the visa issuing U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Thanks so much, alindragos!

One more question: how much notice will we get before our interview is scheduled? Is it enough time to book flights to Sydney and do our medical exam there?

Thanks so much, alindragos!

One more question: how much notice will we get before our interview is scheduled? Is it enough time to book flights to Sydney and do our medical exam there?

Normally 6-8 weeks, depending when in the month your interview is. For example interview dates have just gone out for March.

DV Selectees, did anyone get the plastic green card by mail? I entered US end of November, paid USCIS fee mid of November, but still have not received the green cards. I know it has not been 120 days, but thought I would ask :)

DV Selectees, did anyone get the plastic green card by mail? I entered US end of November, paid USCIS fee mid of November, but still have not received the green cards. I know it has not been 120 days, but thought I would ask :)

There was likely some slowdown around the holiday period. I’d give it another couple of weeks then call uscis to follow up.

I am not 100% sure but you might also be able to track the GC via your USCIS ELIS account. This can be confirmed or not by the users already in possession of the card.

I would also wait if I were you for a couple of weeks more as, as Susie said, around holiday period the process was slowed down also.

Best of luck!

Hello everyone, i am a DV2018 lotery winner. My CN is 2018AF19xxx.I have a problem :my baby was born on october 10,i sent my DS 260 october 30 stating that i will not travel with the child. Today i changed my mind, i want to take her with me. My question is :is it possible to re-open my file to add the child when my CN is programmed but i have not yet received my 2NL, or can i make these changes to the interview ?

Hello everyone, i am a DV2018 lotery winner. My CN is 2018AF19xxx.I have a problem :my baby was born on october 10,i sent my DS 260 october 30 stating that i will not travel with the child. Today i changed my mind, i want to take her with me. My question is :is it possible to re-open my file to add the child when my CN is programmed but i have not yet received my 2NL, or can i make these changes to the interview ?

First thing first Maureen64: in the DS-260 it is ESSENTIAL to list ALL your children below 21 yo. As your child was born on October 10th and you filled your DS on October 30, 20 days after the event, failing to fill the DS correctly and not adding this child on your forms may affect the outcome of your DV visa / green card pursue.

Nevertheless as no interview for you was yet programmed, might be a very good ideea to have the DS opened and/or contact KCC and explain the issue.

This is of course my personal opinion on how I understand the situation and the requirements of the programs so someone else like Sussie or Brit might have a different opinion about this.

Contact KCC right away and request for them to unlock your DS260 Form. Change the follow to join option on the baby to traveling with you now. Then click the add an applicant button and create a DS260 form for the baby. The baby will not be issued with a visa if no separate DS260 form exists for her.

First thing first Maureen64: in the DS-260 it is ESSENTIAL to list ALL your children below 21 yo. As your child was born on October 10th and you filled your DS on October 30, 20 days after the event, failing to fill the DS correctly and not adding this child on your forms may affect the outcome of your DV visa / green card pursue.

Not quite. Read her post again. She never said she didn’t mention the baby. If she indicated the baby will not be traveling with her, it clearly means she mentioned the baby on her own DS Form, she just didn’t create a separate one for the baby since she was considering not traveling with her.

Not quite. Read her post again. She never said she didn’t mention the baby. If she indicated the baby will not be traveling with her, it clearly means she mentioned the baby on her own DS Form, she just didn’t create a separate one for the baby since she was considering not traveling with her.
Maybe I did not understand it right but in her post there is no statement that the baby is already added.
More to this when adding a member, a lot of more info are to be added for that member so she for sure was able to see that something else is to be completed

Anyway, as I said, maybe I did not understand her correctly, but in any case the DS is to be updated for sure...

Maybe I did not understand it right but in her post there is no statement that the baby is already added.
More to this when adding a member, a lot of more info are to be added for that member so she for sure was able to see that something else is to be completed

Anyway, as I said, maybe I did not understand her correctly, but in any case the DS is to be updated for sure...

Her post clearly states:
i sent my DS 260 october 30 stating that i will not travel with the child.

That is an indication the baby was mentioned on her Ds260. She just didn’t create a separate form for the baby which is the right thing to do if the plan was to not travel with the baby back then.

You responded as if she never mentioned the child on her form. Which part of her post gave you that impression? A DS260 form does not and should not be created for a derivative that is not traveling with the principal selectee. The form only needs to be created now that she has changed her mind, if she didn’t change her mind the form is not required.

Her post clearly states:

That is an indication the baby was mentioned on her Ds260. She just didn’t create a separate form for the baby which is the right thing to do if the plan was to not travel with the baby back then.

You responded as if she never mentioned the child on her form. Which part of her post gave you that impression? A DS260 form does not and should not be created for a derivative that is not traveling with the principal selectee. The form only needs to be created now that she has changed her mind, if she didn’t change her mind the form is not required.

As I said, my bad. Overlooked that thing...

Unlock and add the child immediately.

Hey Everyone,

I just got an additionnal citizenship today, my passport should be ready before the interview (EU22XXX). Should I unlock my DS?

Thanks

Hello,

Me and my wife are scheduled for an interview in mid January in Stockholm, Sweden.
We have our papers in order, but we're a bit insecure about how much proof is needed to prove that our marriage is real. We've been a couple for 10 years but recently got married.
Is a few photos, copies of shared bank accounts enough? We don't have issues printing more, but what would you say is sufficient?

Thank you

Hejsan Smallland!

I hope your interview went well and you and your wife got your visas!
I've got a question: when you listed your education details on DS-260, did you write the Swedish names of each diploma or courses you've completed? I mean, did you write "Avgångsbetyg" or high school diploma? And what about other courses/schools you listed?

I've done some vocational courses in the past like for example a delivery truck driver's course, but I don't know if I should write the name of the course as the diploma says in Finnish language and just go to the interview with an official translation of the diploma, OR should I also translate the name of the course on the DS-260?
I'm just worried that the official translation would state the name of the course slightly differently than I'd translate it myself and that would cause some problems at the interview.

Thanks already in advance for your help, och trevlig resa på USA!

Hälsningar,

Finwin