• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hello Susie,
I am a selectee for 2018, my CN: 2018AF000043XX. Do I get interviewed probably this year? Maybe October or November. Thank you

The visa bulletin for July 2017 is available. I computed selectee totals for DV2018 manually, if I didn't make any mistakes, then the number of selectess are:

AF 48692
AS 15997
EU 41706
NA 15
OC 3863
SA 4995

Total 115268[/QUO

Thanks for compiling the data for total salaries
From each region, is there any Chnage to get an interview for AS for over 12000 CN. ? And if yes what can be the time frame, so it can help us preparing the documents and police clearance since that expires within 12 months. Thanks

Unless you come from a country where it takes months to get a police clearance (rare), it's usually recommended that you wait till you get your 2NL, or at least until the previous month's VB makes it look very likely you'll be current in the next one, before applying for one.

Unless you come from a country where it takes months to get a police clearance (rare), it's usually recommended that you wait till you get your 2NL, or at least until the previous month's VB makes it look very likely you'll be current in the next one, before applying for one.

Thanks for your reply, regarding the AS salactees quantity and last years data, do you think 12000-13000 CN, will get chance for interview ?

Thanks for your reply, regarding the AS salactees quantity and last years data, do you think 12000-13000 CN, will get chance for interview ?

I don't speculate on numbers like that. You'll see my only answers about numbers in the forum are for clearly safe African ones ;) you'll have to wait for britsimon.

Hi everyone. I'm also a winner 2018. My CN is 2018AS000124xx. Will there be a chance for an interview?

Thanks & regards

Your number is very good :)
Ohh I apologize, I made a mistake when looking at your region. It seems with your number you cannot be sure yet and there is some risk, you will have to wait. But let's also wait for more experienced members to comment. I apologize for my mistake.

hi
I have a concern: the fee for the Green card is $ 165 / person. Can we have the Green Card of a member of the family who does not travel at first? It pays only once Or can I pay only for those who travel?

Excuse my english please

It's $22o a person now.

All applicants (principal and derivative) must enter the US to activate their visa before the expiry date noted on the visa. Fail to enter before that date and they lose their opportunity to get a green card.

You can delay paying the Green Card until after you arrive but I would not delay it for too long. You'll want that Green Card in your hands before the temporary stamp is expired.

It's $22o a person now.

All applicants (principal and derivative) must enter the US to activate their visa before the expiry date noted on the visa. Fail to enter before that date and they lose their opportunity to get a green card.

You can delay paying the Green Card until after you arrive but I would not delay it for too long. You'll want that Green Card in your hands before the temporary stamp is expired.
thank you

Random question guys.
Given that Nicaragua had 51 DV2018 selectees on the recent visa bulletin, does this mean that there is a chance that other DV selectees can hope to get upto 54,949 visas issued? I understand there 55,000 Diversity Visas up for grabs.

Just Curious....

How do you think that would help? Each year is different.
I was hoping to establish a reasonable comparison criterion between the years. Years where the highest case numbers for a given region are of a comparable order should be fairly similar in terms of case numbers going current, or so I'd have thought.

Random question guys.
Given that Nicaragua had 51 DV2018 selectees on the recent visa bulletin, does this mean that there is a chance that other DV selectees can hope to get upto 54,949 visas issued? I understand there 55,000 Diversity Visas up for grabs.

Just Curious....

What? Are you trying to figure out the Nacara impact?

You can put it that way. Is the 5k fixed to Nicaragua or available to the rest of the world.
Guys with high CNs need to be hopeful. Even if from Nicaragua under-subscription.
Gilliard18, I posted the same question on the britsimon site, I strongly advise you read his site, it's very helpful and you will find the answer to many questions. The NACARA program has 5k visas, this visas are taken from the DV 55k visas. If they don't use them, they are available for the DV program. It doesn't mean that you can look at how many people were selected in Nicaragua in the lottery and do the math. The NACARA program is different, I am not very knowledgable myself but I did read on the internet that it's meant for people from Nicaragua, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, the former Soviet Union, etc that arrived in the US as asylees and meet certain conditions. Anyways, whatever the countries are, and whatever the conditions, it's simply that whatever they don't use from their 5k is given to the DV lottery (our program), increasing the available visas a little, to a number that will be between 50k and 55k, so don't take for granted it will be 55k. Btw, I'm not trying to bring your hopes down, I am a high CN selectee myself and will have a VERY long year as well hehehe

You can put it that way. Is the 5k fixed to Nicaragua or available to the rest of the world.
Guys with high CNs need to be hopeful. Even if from Nicaragua under-subscription.

Nacara is different from Nicaraguan DV selectees. But in any case Nacara has bad negligible issuance afaik in the past few years and we have been working on an effective 55k all along.