• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Again please note, this Thread is intended for those selected to announce their selections and possibly ask questions.

Hi Mom, I'm a Venezuelan (living in Venezuela) DV-2018 selectee, I have so much questions about de DS-260 form due to it´s the first time I fill it up, I hope you can help me with this:

1.- How much time have I to submit the DS-260 form? Can you please tell me the date?

2.- In the DS-260 form there are the following questions:

2.1.-
Q: Do you seek to enter the US for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the secretary of labor?

A: In Venezuela I work as a Mechanical Engineer and I would like to work as a engineer in the UUEE, but I have´nt already any certification by the secretary of labor, whath should I answer?

2.2.-
Q: What does it really means: Does this job requiere at least 2 year of training or experience?

A: As I said before, I work as a mechanical engineer, should I answer Yes or No?

2.3.-
Q: Do you have documentation to establish thah you have recieved vacinations in accordance with the US law?

A: When I was a kid I got all my vacinations in Venezuela, but I dont have any supporting document about it, what can I answer in this case? and what documents should I submit to support this?

3.- In the consular interview it´s valid to present the supporting documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) legalized under the HCCH, for Hague Conference (Conférence de La Haye)?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hi Mom, I'm a Venezuelan (living in Venezuela) DV-2018 selectee, I have so much questions about de DS-260 form due to it´s the first time I fill it up, I hope you can help me with this:

1.- How much time have I to submit the DS-260 form? Can you please tell me the date?

2.- In the DS-260 form there are the following questions:

2.1.-
Q: Do you seek to enter the US for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the secretary of labor?

A: In Venezuela I work as a Mechanical Engineer and I would like to work as a engineer in the UUEE, but I have´nt already any certification by the secretary of labor, whath should I answer?

2.2.-
Q: What does it really means: Does this job requiere at least 2 year of training or experience?

A: As I said before, I work as a mechanical engineer, should I answer Yes or No?

2.3.-
Q: Do you have documentation to establish thah you have recieved vacinations in accordance with the US law?

A: When I was a kid I got all my vacinations in Venezuela, but I dont have any supporting document about it, what can I answer in this case? and what documents should I submit to support this?

3.- In the consular interview it´s valid to present the supporting documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates, diplomas, etc) legalized under the HCCH, for Hague Conference (Conférence de La Haye)?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

There's no deadline date for submitting the DS260, we however often recommend for Selectees to not wait past Apr/May of the following year - 2018 in your case.

Please go through Simon's blog for guidance on how to fill the DS260 form:
http://britsimonsays.com/completing-the-ds260-for-dv-lottery-entrants/

Visit the website of the embassy where your interview will take place of further guidance with regards to the documents you will be presenting.

Did you pay attention to what Susie wrote? "If you're an adult, a whole bunch of them are waived ..."

Yes, sure. I wanted only to be sure that the vaccinations done or not done could not possibly be an issue in releasing the green card

Hi Mom, thank you for your cooperation, I´m a DV-2018 applicant and I got the following question:

Q: If during the process of application my wife get pregnat and the child get born before the consular enterview, how do I include my newborn child to the process? Is there any problem if I have already submitted the DS-260 form?

Hi Mom, thank you for your cooperation, I´m a DV-2018 applicant and I got the following question:

Q: If during the process of application my wife get pregnat and the child get born before the consular enterview, how do I include my newborn child to the process? Is there any problem if I have already submitted the DS-260 form?

If your wife gives birth before your interview gets scheduled, you will need to contact KCC and request for them to unlock your DS 260 form (and that if your wife's) - you'll list the baby on both forms and fill out a separate form for the baby too.

If she gives birth after the interview has been scheduled, you'll contact your embassy and they will guide you through on what needs to be done.

Hi , I submitted my DV lottery for 2018 DS 260 form , however i made some mistake on it.
how does one unlock the form for editing . Any help don't want to be put to task on explaining by consular officers.

~~Post moved from B Visa Forum~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , I submitted my DV lottery for 2018 DS 260 form , however i made some mistake on it.
how does one unlock the form for editing . Any help don't want to be put to task on explaining by consular officers.

~~Post moved from B Visa Forum~~

Email KCC and request for them to unlock your form. Take a look at your DV Selectee Notification Letter - it has instructions on how to contact KCC.

Hi, what about the vaccinations question in the DV-260 form? I´m 32, but in venezuela we usually don´t keep the vaccination record, what should I respond in this question in order to not get affected with the respond?

I also have a 5 years child and he obviously don´t have a complete vaccination record, again, what should I respond in this question in order to not get affected with the respond?

Hi DV experts, I am trying to submit my application and every time I get an error message that it is the wrong case number:

"Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ''Sign and Submit Application' to continue.
  • The case number you entered does not match the case number that you entered at Sign In."
For sure it is the same case number that I am using at Sign In, please help.

Hi, what about the vaccinations question in the DV-260 form? I´m 32, but in venezuela we usually don´t keep the vaccination record, what should I respond in this question in order to not get affected with the respond?

I also have a 5 years child and he obviously don´t have a complete vaccination record, again, what should I respond in this question in order to not get affected with the respond?

Don't worry about it, it won't affect anything - you will all get the required vaccinations when you do the Immigrant visa medical.

Hi DV experts, I am trying to submit my application and every time I get an error message that it is the wrong case number:

"Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ''Sign and Submit Application' to continue.
  • The case number you entered does not match the case number that you entered at Sign In."
For sure it is the same case number that I am using at Sign In, please help.

Are you leaving out all the zeros between the region code and the number? E.g. Just type 2018AF657 not 2018AF0000000657

Your response doesn't really matter, however you can answer 'No' and explain you will have the required vaccinations when you go for your medical before the interview date.

Hi everybody, in Venezuela I work as a Mechanical Engineer and I would like to work as a "engineer" in the UUEE, but I haven´t yet any certification by the secretary of labor; so, whath should I answer in the following DS-260 form question for the DV-2018´s application: "Do you seek to enter the US for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the secretary of labor?"

Hi everybody, in Venezuela I work as a Mechanical Engineer and I would like to work as a "engineer" in the UUEE, but I haven´t yet any certification by the secretary of labor; so, whath should I answer in the following DS-260 form question for the DV-2018´s application: "Do you seek to enter the US for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the secretary of labor?"

Answer yes or no - it doesn't matter which. Yes is more realistic.

Hi everybody, i already have submitted the DS-260 form for the DV-2018 program; so, what´s the next step? can you recommend any specific article about this?

Hi everyone, I am a 2018 DV selectee from Ghana. I'm currently a final year university student graduating in December this year. My high school certificate, however, has a Fail in some of the subjects but passed in Maths and English. Will this result in me being denied a visa?