• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

My
Hi everyone, I am a 2018 DV selectee from Ghana. I'm currently a final year university student graduating in December this year. My high school certificate, however, has a Fail in some of the subjects but passed in Maths and English. Will this result in me being denied a visa?
My understanding is that a minimum of a high school certificate is required accompanied by a specific overall grade. Marks acquired for individual subjects do not matter. I stand to be corrected.

^^ yes, some countries require passes or minimum grades in particular subjects and/or a particular number of subjects. In some countries just a pass isn't sufficient as it doesn't allow university study. So it's important for applicants to understand the particular requirements of their country.

^^ yes, some countries require passes or minimum grades in particular subjects and/or a particular number of subjects. In some countries just a pass isn't sufficient as it doesn't allow university study. So it's important for applicants to understand the particular requirements of their country.
Didn't know that.

Hello
I made a mistake when I signed up for the lottry, instead of putting in my last name "barhdadi" I wrote "yassine barhdadi" and I corrected the hard error ds-260. is it serious ?

Hello
I made a mistake when I signed up for the lottry, instead of putting in my last name "barhdadi" I wrote "yassine barhdadi" and I corrected the hard error ds-260. is it serious ?

Is "Yassine" a middle name or part of your last name? How's your name written on your passport? Is "yassine" listed on your birth certificate?

my first name is Yassine
my family name is BArhdadi
but when i signed up for the lottry i wrote YASSINE BARHDADI in the family name and in my first name i wrote YAssine

I see. Well no one can here can tell you with 100% certainty if that will be an issue or not. Of course I'm leaning towards the side that says it will not be an issue since you've rectified the error and listed your name correctly on the DS-260 form (assuming you did not submit more than one entry and weren't trying to game the system by writing your name the way you did).

The only way to find out is to attend your interview when the time comes and see the outcome.

Is "Yassine" a middle name or part of your last name? How's your name written on your passport? Is "yassine" listed on your birth certificate?
my first name is Yassine
my family name is BArhdadi
but when i signed up for the lottry i wrote YASSINE BARHDADI in the family name and in my first name i wrote YAssine
my fulle name in the pasport it's BARHDADI, YASSINE and in the dv lottery i have YASSINE BARHDADI , YASSINE

I see. Well no one can here can tell you with 100% certainty if that will be an issue or not. Of course I'm leaning towards the side that says it will not be an issue since you've rectified the error and listed your name correctly on the DS-260 form (assuming you did not submit more than one entry and weren't trying to game the system by writing your name the way you did).

The only way to find out is to attend your interview when the time comes and see the outcome.
thax sm1mom for your reply i had corecte the error in the ds 260

I'm afraid of being eliminated because of this fault

Like I said, the only way to find out if you'll be approved or denied is by attending your scheduled interview when the time comes - KCC does not eliminate or disqualify selectees for any reason, only the CO will have the final say.

Like I said, the only way to find out if you'll be approved or denied is by attending your scheduled interview when the time comes - KCC does not eliminate or disqualify selectees for any reason, only the CO will have the final say.
thanks for your help i have another question I worked with someone for 2 years but it has no patent for are store alor proof of work is not justified?

thanks for your help i have another question I worked with someone for 2 years but it has no patent for are store alor proof of work is not justified?

I don't quite understand what you've written here. But notwithstanding, do you meet the educational requirements?

i can't prove my list work the personne ho werket for him don't have a pattente :( ( the pattente it's the matricule number of her activity )

but i can't prove it :(

i can't prove my list work the personne ho werket for him don't have a pattente :( ( the pattente it's the matricule number of her activity )

I just told you to focus on qualifying through educational requirements. There's no expectation to prove or present anything to back up the listed work experience if you're not using that to qualify.