1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Sm1smom, May 2, 2017.

1. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

2nd question first. Yes

For the first question - you could wait some weeks - but don't test the limits of delaying the payment. It's $220, not $22,000. Make it a priority.

2. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Member

Oh ok thanks, why does it say in the uscis site that the passport stamp can last for a year after arrival?

3. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

It says that because the validated visa is valid for one year. That however does not mean they expect new immigrants to wait for one year or several months before making the GC Card. The validated stamp is a temporary GC which may be used while one is waiting to receive the plastic GC.

4. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Because it can. But be aware that although it’s technically the same as a green card, you may come across many people - prospective employers included - who don’t know what it is and want to see a plastic green card. They may not be technically legally correct, but arguing about that is not the best way to get a job.

5. Usa.dream

Usa.dream New Member

Hello everyone, i have a question.
    My cn is EU18xxx and i sended DS260 in the end of may when i was single.
    Now i’m married and i have asked KCC to unlock my DS-260 for add my wife.
    They answers me, and is unlocked now.
    How can modify my DS260? Do you have link?

6. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

You add your new spouse to your form. Then use the add applicant functionality to add a DS260 for your spouse. You will need to upload a scan of the marriage cert.

7. Usa.dream

Usa.dream New Member

Thank you for your answer,
    I need to modify my marital status too. Right?
    I hope this not cause a delay for my interview

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 5:19 PM
  8. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Yes you do.
    You’re worried about your interview being delayed. Would you rather not make the necessary changes and risk being denied? Don’t you think being delayed is better than being denied?

9. Usa.dream

Usa.dream New Member

I’m worried of everything.
    Then i prefer to ask the help on this forum.
    Are there any other tips on what should i do?
    I have alzo kept the photos to prove that i have been engaged for several years with my wife.