• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hello everyone,
I would know if i have to translate the change of surname of my wife when she was 16 y/o.
This document is in Thailand language and consulate interview is in Italy

Short and direct response is ‘Yes you do’!

Any document you’re presenting which is not in English or the official language of the country where you’re interviewing needs to be translated into English and accompanied by a signed certified statement attesting to the fluency of the person doing the translation in both English and the language the document is being translated from.

Hello there!
Did you already received the interview appointment?
If no: you better contact KCC as they will for sure give you a right answer after consulting with the Italian embassy.KCC can be contacted over email at KCCDV@state.gov. Don't forget to start the email with the full details of your case (CN, full name, date of birth, post country).
If yes: you better contact the Italian Embassy of US where you will be interviewing. As stated above, but now directly involving the embassy, someone there will for sure let you know the right step.

In most of the cases they are reviewing the documentation as it is in the official language of your country of citizenship with the needed translation to English or to the local language of the country where you will interview.

Best of luck with everything and let us know the final result of your processing.

What makes you think KCC will “consult with the Italian embassy”?!

As mom rightly points out, all that is needed for the answer is to read the instructions on the dvselectee pages.

Okay, the issue here is not that of your question being clear. You actually did not ask the right question since what you’re trying to find out about is the Follow-To-Join (FTJ) process, not simply information about processing CP.

To start with, did you indicate on your DS260 form that your husband will be processing FTJ? Which country is your husband based in?
Yes he did on the DS260 and I received an email from KCC. To confirm that he is processing with the consulate and replied back to them and he is processing in the US embassy in Bahrain

Yes he did on the DS260 and I received an email from KCC. To confirm that he is processing with the consulate and replied back to them and he is processing in the US embassy in Bahrain

FTJ is not a straightforward option, but it is doable. At the end of your interview, you’ll need to inform the IO your husband is processing FTJ. After your AOS petition gets approved, your FO will need to send your case file to the US embassy in Bahrain, the embassy will contact your husband with an interview date. You should be prepared to follow up with your FO to ensure your case file gets forwarded, as it may not happen automatically and once KCC forwards your case file to your FO, they really have nothing to do with the process again.

And I’m sure you know this, but remember he needs to have his case finalized before the end of the fiscal year, so you need to follow up re what mom says above ASAP after your interview is done. Some embassies take longer to set up interviews than others.

I can’t remember, do you have an interview date yet for yourself?

Short and direct response is ‘Yes you do’!

Any document you’re presenting which is not in English or the official language of the country where you’re interviewing needs to be translated into English and accompanied by a signed certified statement attesting to the fluency of the person doing the translation in both English and the language the document is being translated from.

Thank you for ur answer
I will translate the document

Thank you for ur answer
I will translate the document

And I hope you know you or your wife cannot translate the document yourself. It needs to be done by a third party, not necessarily a professional. It just shouldn’t be a family member.

And I’m sure you know this, but remember he needs to have his case finalized before the end of the fiscal year, so you need to follow up re what mom says above ASAP after your interview is done. Some embassies take longer to set up interviews than others.

I can’t remember, do you have an interview date yet for yourself?
I do it is this month

FTJ is not a straightforward option, but it is doable. At the end of your interview, you’ll need to inform the IO your husband is processing FTJ. After your AOS petition gets approved, your FO will need to send your case file to the US embassy in Bahrain, the embassy will contact your husband with an interview date. You should be prepared to follow up with your FO to ensure your case file gets forwarded, as it may not happen automatically and once KCC forwards your case file to your FO, they really have nothing to do with the process again.
perfect thanks, so make sure to follow up with FO, will do
any recommendations on what he need to get himself prepared with other than the list of documents listed on the DV site?

Hello, I have a CN around EU32000. I would like to ask is there a chance that we will be scheduled an interview. And what does it mean when the bulletin goes "current" because this year maybe it will be earlier than previous one?

Hello, I have a CN around EU32000. I would like to ask is there a chance that we will be scheduled an interview. And what does it mean when the bulletin goes "current" because this year maybe it will be earlier than previous one?

Regarding your case - wait and see.

When the VB shows a region is current, it means there are more than enough visas for remaining expected demand. That won't happen for EU this year.

Hi Mom, Britsmon, and Everyone:
1. For the Consular interview, if requested, the i-134 form (and its supporting documents) just needs to be signed by the sponsor. No need for it to be notarized or further formalized in any way. Correct?
2. the same way it would have been included in the AoS package. correct?
Thank you.

Hi Mom, Britsmon, and Everyone:
1. For the Consular interview, if requested, the i-134 form (and its supporting documents) just needs to be signed by the sponsor. No need for it to be notarized or further formalized in any way. Correct?
2. the same way it would have been included in the AoS package. correct?
Thank you.

1. Yes
2. Yes

Hey everyone,

I have a stupid question, as I got a new citzenship, and as I want the visa on my new passport should I change the field "Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)
trg_bk.GIF
" in the DS form?

Hejsan Smallland!

I hope your interview went well and you and your wife got your visas!
I've got a question: when you listed your education details on DS-260, did you write the Swedish names of each diploma or courses you've completed? I mean, did you write "Avgångsbetyg" or high school diploma? And what about other courses/schools you listed?

I've done some vocational courses in the past like for example a delivery truck driver's course, but I don't know if I should write the name of the course as the diploma says in Finnish language and just go to the interview with an official translation of the diploma, OR should I also translate the name of the course on the DS-260?
I'm just worried that the official translation would state the name of the course slightly differently than I'd translate it myself and that would cause some problems at the interview.

Thanks already in advance for your help, och trevlig resa på USA!

Hälsningar,

Finwin
Hej!

Sorry for the late reply, but yes we both got our visas. It was a bit of a hassle, but it worked out just fine in the end. :)
I wrote 'Upper Secondary Certificate' which is the same as avgångsbetyg, point being I didn't write anything in swedish.
Don't think you have to worry, they will see your certificates and understand!

Dear All,
I read some people writing about being refused for improper photos. What photos can be improper? The ones when you submit for green card lottery? Or the ones they bring direct to the embassy? You clearly have when you upload it, is it good or not, the system approves it or not when applying for lottery. Am i right?
Also i have listed a friend of mine as a person where i will stay. He is american. He is willing to help me with accommodation but we doesn`t want to fill the legal affidavit of support forms. He says he can write a letter where he assures that he is willing to help me but no like legal forms. Is that any use for me? Also, is 6000 $ enough savings on my account or should i have more to present?

Thank you in advance. Cheers!

Dear All,
I read some people writing about being refused for improper photos. What photos can be improper? The ones when you submit for green card lottery? Or the ones they bring direct to the embassy? You clearly have when you upload it, is it good or not, the system approves it or not when applying for lottery. Am i right?
Also i have listed a friend of mine as a person where i will stay. He is american. He is willing to help me with accommodation but we doesn`t want to fill the legal affidavit of support forms. He says he can write a letter where he assures that he is willing to help me but no like legal forms. Is that any use for me? Also, is 6000 $ enough savings on my account or should i have more to present?

Thank you in advance. Cheers!

Can you clarify where you read about people being refused for photos?
Yes they can. All the photo uploader does is check certain technical specifications. (Someone tested this and it accepted a photo of a dog that was correctly placed...) If the photos are not actually clear, or if they are old, if the photo does not match the person or the new photos brought in, or the CO judges they have not met the requirements, are among the reasons they may disqualify based on the photos. I don’t think in this forum we’ve seen any reports this year of photos being the reason for denial though, hence why I asked where you have seen this, would be useful information.

No, a letter from your friend doesn’t help, but affidavits are not a requirement usually anyway. It’s helpful that you have an address you can use and you can certainly answer this if the CO asks where you will stay when you move. The amount you need is not an absolute, it depends on each individual.

Can you clarify where you read about people being refused for photos?
Yes they can. All the photo uploader does is check certain technical specifications. (Someone tested this and it accepted a photo of a dog that was correctly placed...) If the photos are not actually clear, or if they are old, if the photo does not match the person or the new photos brought in, or the CO judges they have not met the requirements, are among the reasons they may disqualify based on the photos. I don’t think in this forum we’ve seen any reports this year of photos being the reason for denial though, hence why I asked where you have seen this, would be useful information.

No, a letter from your friend doesn’t help, but affidavits are not a requirement usually anyway. It’s helpful that you have an address you can use and you can certainly answer this if the CO asks where you will stay when you move. The amount you need is not an absolute, it depends on each individual.

Dear SusieQQQ,

Thank you for answering.

I typed green card visa denial and those kind a stories popped out. Regarding pictures. I was travelling to Usa last year and i used that photo that was used for that visa. I hope that is ok. I suppose i should bring new photos to the embassy (the ones that are not more then 6 months old)? I have an address of a friend and contact number which i filled in my 260 form. I am just checking this "small details" since as it gets closer am more worried and i get nervous as hell. I am eu20xxx so i hope i can expect the second letter soon. I don`t even care when as long it goes well.