• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

The instructions regarding translated documents are quite clear, they need to be accompanied by certified statement attesting to the fluency of the translator(s) in both English and the language being translated from. You can either reach out to the translator(s) to get the certified statements, or use a new translator and get the certified statement at the same time, your call.
Sorry to come back to this question, but if multiple documents are translated by the same professional translator, does every translation need to include the above described statement or is a single statement from the translator attesting to his/her fluency and the accuracy of the already performed translations enough. ?
Thanks in advance

Sorry to come back to this question, but if multiple documents are translated by the same professional translator, does every translation need to include the above described statement or is a single statement from the translator attesting to his/her fluency and the accuracy of the already performed translations enough. ?
Thanks in advance

Each translated document (mind you, not pages of the same document) should have a signed certified statement attached to it.

I had only a translator's stamp on each page that said "authorized translator" on it and had no problems. If you use a translator who has translated official documents for embassy use before he/she should know the local requirements regarding translated documents.

thank you very much mom, I have anther question :
1) In the instruction (Paris Embassy) they are asking only to translate the birth certificate, what should I do with other documents (degrees, work certifacte etc.)? there are all in French

thank you very much mom, I have anther question :
1) In the instruction (Paris Embassy) they are asking only to translate the birth certificate, what should I do with other documents (degrees, work certifacte etc.)? there are all in French

For the interview the documents in French are okay as is. However you wouldn’t be able to use them as is once you get to the US. So use your discretion regarding documents you think you’ll need in the US and get those translated now or later.

Hi, dear Sm1smom.
My case might be current at KCC, as I'm 2018AF38xxx for the CN.
Right, I haven't receive the 2nd letter, and I'm burden my self with so many questions.
1- When should I be planned for the interview?
2- Do I have to write to KCC?
3- If we might receive our visa on september 2018, will it be admitted to enter in the US on December 2018 or January 2019, as far as the DV2018 program might be closed at the end of September 2018?
Best regards.

~~ Post moved from the AOS 2018 Thread ~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, dear Sm1smom.
Right, I haven't receive the 2nd letter, and I'm burden my self with so many questions.
3- If we might receive our visa on september 2018, will it be admitted to enter in the US on December 2018 or January 2019, as far as the DV2018 program might be closed at the end of September 2018?
Best regards.

1. Maybe August.
2. No - just wait 2 or 3 weeks for the 2NL.
3. If you get approved, the visa will have an expiry date (which is typically the medical date plus 6 months). That date can be after September 30, 2018

Hi, dear Sm1smom.
Best regards.

~~ Post moved from the AOS 2018 Thread ~~

1. Your CN is already current, not might be (except of course if you’re chargeable to Egypt). So you can expect the NL2 in the next couple of weeks.
2. No.
3. Yes you will be able to use the visa stamp to enter the US after Sept. 2018. The visa is typically valid for 6 months.

Hi All, for people who interviewed in the Paris Embassy, where did you buy the Chronopost or Fedex letter before your interview? I know it used to be in the same website where you schedule your visa interview but since we're getting the interview letter through the dv lottery entry website, I was wondering how french dv winners get their passports mailed back.

Thanks!

Hi All, for people who interviewed in the Paris Embassy, where did you buy the Chronopost or Fedex letter before your interview? I know it used to be in the same website where you schedule your visa interview but since we're getting the interview letter through the dv lottery entry website, I was wondering how french dv winners get their passports mailed back.

Thanks!

Hello,
I'm in the same situation. I thought we dont need a chronopost letter, it's only for winners from Portugal?

 For residents of Portugal or the Azores: One Chronopost envelope

I sent you a Personnal message, please check your inbox!thanks!

Hello all
From your experience, is it possible to book a medical in London without the 2NL? thanks in advance
If you're number is current, you can call KCC, they should be able to give you the date of your appointment if you haven't received the 2NL yet. That is if they scheduled you're appointment by now, but you can always call them to check. Then you can schedule your medical accordingly.

Hi All,

I have a question for people who interviewed recently in Europe, what was the time frame between your interview date and the day you received your passport back (with the visa)? If anyone interviewed in Paris recently (in June), this information would be very valuable.
Thanks!

If 2NL's for September interviews are sent out from mid to end of July. Does it mean that no 2NL's are sent out from August going forward?