• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi everyone

I am selected for DV2018 with a case number EU22xxx. I am current for August. I am currently an F1 graduate student in the USA. I have waited to make sure my number was gonna be current before filling DS-260. I have filled my Ds-260 early April 2018 and selected CP. However, since my current address is in the US my form was processed as if I was going to do AOS (which I was planning to do if my number was current before April). I e-mailed back and forth with KCC and on April 11th they told me Based on the information you have provided, your interview location has been changed from Adjustment of Status to Ankara. The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. I was waiting for interview letter to arrive but I did not get one for August. I contacted KCC and they told me our forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. I sent them another e-mail asking to confirm they are talking about my embassy. Do you think something went wrong when I asked for interviewing in the embassy and KCC never made the change? They sent me a 2NL for AOS on April 10th. Do you think that is a sign that they never changed my application to CP? If I don't get a September interview by the end of July can I still do AOS?

Thanks

Hi everyone

I am selected for DV2018 with a case number EU22xxx. I am current for August. I am currently an F1 graduate student in the USA. I have waited to make sure my number was gonna be current before filling DS-260. I have filled my Ds-260 early April 2018 and selected CP. However, since my current address is in the US my form was processed as if I was going to do AOS (which I was planning to do if my number was current before April). I e-mailed back and forth with KCC and on April 11th they told me Based on the information you have provided, your interview location has been changed from Adjustment of Status to Ankara. The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. I was waiting for interview letter to arrive but I did not get one for August. I contacted KCC and they told me our forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. I sent them another e-mail asking to confirm they are talking about my embassy. Do you think something went wrong when I asked for interviewing in the embassy and KCC never made the change? They sent me a 2NL for AOS on April 10th. Do you think that is a sign that they never changed my application to CP? If I don't get a September interview by the end of July can I still do AOS?

Thanks

I’d suggest you call kcc to find out /confirm what’s going on. They can also give you your consular interview date if it’s been scheduled - i presume when you say you were waiting for your interview letter “to arrive” that you have checked the esc website to see if it’s been updated?

I’d suggest you call kcc to find out /confirm what’s going on. They can also give you your consular interview date if it’s been scheduled - i presume when you say you were waiting for your interview letter “to arrive” that you have checked the esc website to see if it’s been updated?

Yes. ESC still has the initial selection letter. And in CEAC my visa application seems to be at NVC.

So call them. I wouldn’t bank on waiting till the end of July and then trying to change to AOS.

Just called them. They told me my DS-260 was not processed on time for an August interview but they said it is processed now and I will probably get an interview on September. They said they cannot guarantee an interview. How would you -the experienced people- advise me to proceed?

Thank you

Just called them. They told me my DS-260 was not processed on time for an August interview but they said it is processed now and I will probably get an interview on September. They said they cannot guarantee an interview. How would you -the experienced people- advise me to proceed?

Thank you

Well i can’t see why they couldn’t guarantee you an interview unless they were either (1) just being cautious in which case no worries, or (2) visa numbers run out, in which case you wouldn’t get a green card via AOS either - if visas are in danger of running out you’ll be much better off going through CP, where visa numbers are reserved for you when your interview is scheduled, than AOS where they’re not.

Not sure if mom or Simon would have different recommendations?

Well i can’t see why they couldn’t guarantee you an interview unless they were either (1) just being cautious in which case no worries, or (2) visa numbers run out, in which case you wouldn’t get a green card via AOS either - if visas are in danger of running out you’ll be much better off going through CP, where visa numbers are reserved for you when your interview is scheduled, than AOS where they’re not.

The staff at KCC are getting a lot of calls from AF selectees - and are probably getting used to saying that they cannot guarantee interviews. For EU, that should be less of a concern *IF* the DS260 is processed.

The staff at KCC are getting a lot of calls from AF selectees - and are probably getting used to saying that they cannot guarantee interviews. For EU, that should be less of a concern *IF* the DS260 is processed.

Why would they be more likely to say that if the region is current than if it’s not?

Why would they be more likely to say that if the region is current than if it’s not?

In AF region they are way behind on scheduling interviews (because the last two months has seen a huge number of cases go current. Almost 2200 cases were scheduled for August interviews, but even with that, there isn't enough capacity/time to interview all remaining cases (at least 4000 interviews remaining to be scheduled). So we are about to see a situation where at least 1 to 2 thousand cases will be left without interviews (AF region).

In AF region they are way behind on scheduling interviews (because the last two months has seen a huge number of cases go current. Almost 2200 cases were scheduled for August interviews, but even with that, there isn't enough capacity/time to interview all remaining cases (at least 4000 interviews remaining to be scheduled). So we are about to see a situation where at least 1 to 2 thousand cases will be left without interviews (AF region).

That makes no sense to have done what they did then - why did they announce it would go current if that’s the outcome?!

That makes no sense to have done what they did then - why did they announce it would go current if that’s the outcome?!

Well we can only speculate, but it is obvious that the quota won't be hit - so they probably wanted to give the region the best shot possible. However, some embassies appear to have backlogs (probably new security procedures) which are affecting scheduling. Meanwhile, there are other embassies with very little activity from any region and therefor could accommodate some cases. So - by making the region current, they give everyone the best chance possible - because the people that can't be accommodated would have been affected anyway. But it does leave some unfairness in the way they choose who will be interviewed first at the various embassies.

I agree. I had called them in late May to check on my interview date/time and the person who answered the call said I didnt make it for the round of interviews in July even though I was current for that month and my CN was one of the first ones in the range of people being interviewed in July. Then I called again a second time 2 hours later and another lady gave me the date/time/location of my interview and confirmed that everything will be sent to me by EOD which is what happened. Sometimes the information they give to people is not very reliable, it really depends on who picks up the call.

Well the agent said they cannot guarantee interviews for anyone so I will interpret that as her being cautious. Is there any chance that they told me my Ds260 is now processed even if it really is not. They first did not say Ds-260. They just said my forms were not processed on time. When I asked if she is talking about Ds-260 she said yes. She said but it's processed now. Should I still be worried about IF my Ds260 is processed?

By the way thank you everyone. I appreciate all your help.

hi! my case number is EU328xx and I want to ask something. I dont have much hope left at this point but if somehow the EU becomes current at the next bulletin, how will I know if I will be called for an interview or not? What is the latest deadline date to know for sure that I will not be getting a Green Card? Will I know about it at the start of August with the publication of the last VB?