• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

1. She’s not immigrating, she’s just returning home when you go back.
2. Use addresses in country you want the interview
3. Yes, at POE when you return with your immigrant visas.

If I may observe, if you want to change to CP you’d probably best get your DS260 in asap. It’s already mid April which is late timewise anyway, and KCC is about to get indundated with DSs from the (assuming it will happen) 2019 draw in a few weeks.
Thanks! I delayed submitting it thus far so I wouldn't risk my NIV. I'm feeling more confident in the chance of getting an interview now that the June VB is out (hoping for an August interview) so I'm indeed scrambling to get the DS in...

Previous post on AOS thread has been deleted.

1. Include her in the number of children. No, she’s not immigrating with you, she’s already a USC.
2. Since you’re just filling out the form for the first time, which means you’re able to select CP from the get go, whichever address you decide to use in this case wouldn’t be an issue.
3. Yes you can do that at the POE.
Thanks!

Hi @Rick Sanchez

I'm glad that you finally had your interview and I'm guessing that your case is on AP status pending security background checks.

Hi @Pierre82 , does this happen often ?
Indeed, I was in the US for more than a year and it is nearly impossible to get a police certificate from the state I was in without going there....
How long can we be in AP for this ?
And do you already have news @Rick Sanchez ? I hope it will be all good for you !
Thank you!

Indeed, I was in the US for more than a year and it is nearly impossible to get a police certificate from the state I was in without going there....
And do you already have news @Rick Sanchez ? I hope it will be all good for you !
Thank you!

A US PCC is not required to be submitted/presented when you go for your interview. KCC already ran a background, additional check will be done after your fingerprints are captured at your interview.

Previous post on AOS thread has been deleted.

1. Include her in the number of children. No, she’s not immigrating with you, she’s already a USC.
2. Since you’re just filling out the form for the first time, which means you’re able to select CP from the get go, whichever address you decide to use in this case wouldn’t be an issue.
3. Yes you can do that at the POE.
Hello SmMom, SusieQQQ and Everyone,
My CN is Af29k, hoping for an interview in July. I relate to what has been discussed on the "Current address" issue, while living in the US but going CP. If you could please guide me through any course of action I should take:
1. I changed from AoS to CP. KCC confirmed the change by email (the usual: According to the information you have provided .... location changed from AoS to "Home City"... you will not see the change in the DS260). As warned the DS 260 still shows USCIS as the interview location and the mention that "KCC will not schedule your interview" is still there at the confirmation page. I also called the KCC which confirmed over the phone that my interview location is "Home City".
My current address is the US, which is what is reflected in my DS260. I will be staying at my parents during the CP/Interview process. It didn't came intuitive to me to include my parents' address as my current address. Would you recommend I update the DS260 with my parents' address as my current/mailing address?
2. Re the DS260 question "Do you need a new [Social Security] card issued"? I answered "No". Now I am realizing that my current card has the mention "allowed to work with INS authorization only". So I believe I will need a new card. Is that a reason to unlock and correct at this point?
As always thank you for your time and guidance!

Ok. Good to know! Thank you !

FYI the links from your selection letter say
Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

I’d suggest double checking the pages linked well before your interview, to ensure that you have everything you need as listed in them (and don’t have unnecessary worry about what you don’t need).

Thank you!

Hi, yes visa was approved now!! it was really quick the status was on AP for only 2 days after interview then changed to issued, when it comes to US police certificates they can check it fairly fast.

Thanks a lot for the support, i can finally calm down now after a year of stressing out..., love you Mom, Pierre, Brit and SusieQQQ :)

Hi, yes visa was approved now!! it was really quick the status was on AP for only 2 days after interview then changed to issued, when it comes to US police certificates they can check it fairly fast.

Thanks a lot for the support, i can finally calm down now after a year of stressing out..., love you Mom, Pierre, Brit and SusieQQQ :)

Congratulations and all the best with the move!

Hello SmMom, SusieQQQ and Everyone,
My CN is Af29k, hoping for an interview in July. I relate to what has been discussed on the "Current address" issue, while living in the US but going CP. If you could please guide me through any course of action I should take:
1. I changed from AoS to CP. KCC confirmed the change by email (the usual: According to the information you have provided .... location changed from AoS to "Home City"... you will not see the change in the DS260). As warned the DS 260 still shows USCIS as the interview location and the mention that "KCC will not schedule your interview" is still there at the confirmation page. I also called the KCC which confirmed over the phone that my interview location is "Home City".
My current address is the US, which is what is reflected in my DS260. I will be staying at my parents during the CP/Interview process. It didn't came intuitive to me to include my parents' address as my current address. Would you recommend I update the DS260 with my parents' address as my current/mailing address?
2. Re the DS260 question "Do you need a new [Social Security] card issued"? I answered "No". Now I am realizing that my current card has the mention "allowed to work with INS authorization only". So I believe I will need a new card. Is that a reason to unlock and correct at this point?
As always thank you for your time and guidance!

1.Don’t stress over the address, you already have an email from KCC acknowledging your change request so you’re good to go. Leave the DD260 as is.
2. Again not a big deal. You can always walk into the SSA office and request a replacement card directly. Your SSN remains the same. I don’t see a need to unlock the DS260 for this.

Hi,

I have a question about police certificates. I was born in country A. Moved to country B when I was one year old. I lived in Country B till I was 25 and has been living in the US since then. I know I don't need a certificate from the US and it's easy to get the certificate from Country B. I became a citizen of country B almost immediately after arrival and my citizenship for country A was cancelled. I regained citizenship to Country A when I was 20 years old. I have never lived in Country A after to moving Country B. I have visited it twice for about two weeks after I regained the citizenship. I will be interviewing at the embassy at Country B. Do you think I need a police certificate from Country A?

The link SusieQQQ posted says
From the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months AND is 16 years old or older THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

From that sentence I understand I need the police certificate but it does not make sense since I was only one year old when I was there. It will be really a chore for me to go to country A and get the police certificate.

Also, I am planning to take any documents that show my citizenship and name changes to the embassy. Do you recommend that or should I just not make things more complicated than they already are.

Thanks

1.Don’t stress over the address, you already have an email from KCC acknowledging your change request so you’re good to go. Leave the DD260 as is.
2. Again not a big deal. You can always walk into the SSA office and request a replacement card directly. Your SSN remains the same. I don’t see a need to unlock the DS260 for this.
Thanks for your reply Mom!

Hi,

I have a question about police certificates. I was born in country A. Moved to country B when I was one year old. I lived in Country B till I was 25 and has been living in the US since then. I know I don't need a certificate from the US and it's easy to get the certificate from Country B. I became a citizen of country B almost immediately after arrival and my citizenship for country A was cancelled. I regained citizenship to Country A when I was 20 years old. I have never lived in Country A after to moving Country B. I have visited it twice for about two weeks after I regained the citizenship. I will be interviewing at the embassy at Country B. Do you think I need a police certificate from Country A?

From the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 months AND is 16 years old or older THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality.

From that sentence I understand I need the police certificate but it does not make sense since I was only one year old when I was there. It will be really a chore for me to go to country A and get the police certificate.

Also, I am planning to take any documents that show my citizenship and name changes to the embassy. Do you recommend that or should I just not make things more complicated than they already are.

Thanks

It is better to be over prepared than be caught off guard with something you didn’t prepare for. Get the PCC for country A.

Yes, take all those documents along - again be over prepared.

Congrats !!! All the best for the rest !

FYI the links from your selection letter say
Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

I’d suggest double checking the pages linked well before your interview, to ensure that you have everything you need as listed in them (and don’t have unnecessary worry about what you don’t need).
Yes thank you. I have read this and this is why the case of Rick going on AP for a non necessary paper made me wonder...
Better safe than sorry, right..
Anyways, thank you for all your help!

Yes thank you. I have read this and this is why the case of Rick going on AP for a non necessary paper made me wonder...
Better safe than sorry, right..
Anyways, thank you for all your help!

Nope, @Rick Sanchez wasnt put on AP for a non necessary paper. He simply went through the normal follow up check everyone goes through after the fingerprints gets captured during the interview process. He wasn’t on an actual AP

Hi,

Thanks

Generally you wouldn’t be required to travek to a country to get a PCC if not living there. Did you check what the reciprocity by country pages say about getting a pcc if you’re not currently resident there?

Also I lose track of posters sometimes so sorry for asking this if you stated it already, but do we assume you’re not doing AOS even though you live in the US?

Nope, @Rick Sanchez wasnt put on AP for a non necessary paper. He simply went through the normal follow up check everyone goes through after the fingerprints gets captured during the interview process. He wasn’t on an actual AP
Oh ok ! Thank you ! I guess I misunderstood. It is much clearer now !
Thank you so much !

Generally you wouldn’t be required to travek to a country to get a PCC if not living there. Did you check what the reciprocity by country pages say about getting a pcc if you’re not currently resident there?

Also I lose track of posters sometimes so sorry for asking this if you stated it already, but do we assume you’re not doing AOS even though you live in the US?

Hi SusieQQQ

I was planning to do AOS since there was no way I would get some time off from work before May (which was the month I was expecting my number to be current latest). Looks like my number is going to be current in July. So I decided to do CP and sent my DS-260 about 10 days ago.

I checked the reciprocity pages. Apparently I cannot get police reports from that country but court reports can be used as a substitute. The process for getting court records is 1. Request for issuance, 2. ID (or a power-of-attorney), 3. Birth certificate, 4. Receipt for the paid fee. I do not have anyone in that country that I can give a power of attorney. I was not able to get my birth certificate without going there and the process is very similar. So I am guessing I will have to go there to get the court records. It's going to be a huge strain since I have limited time off.

Thanks for your help.

Yes - if you switch now. However, please consider the impact of submitting your DS260 on future NIVs if your number does not go current.
Hi Brit.
We already give up our hopes for the DV2018 with EU375xx case id. Currently we are on E2 visa and renewing with USCIS every 2 years. We submitted DS260 but didn't pay any fees etc. Do you think just submitting DS260 will have a negative impact on out future E2 renewals?