• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Hello,
I am gathering the documents now. With the birth certificate, I have just noticed that the website makes a clear distinction between a long form and a short form, stating that "You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted." How do I obtain the long form?

in Ghana there is only one birth certificate and that is what the embassy accepts. don't stress yourself

Guys I'm glad to be part of the selectee basket for the next fiscal year. And this is my 2nd time being selected. Hmmm Dreams...

It was a dramatic story that made me sad for months. Dv2012 selected and then the selection was voided together with many others. But i got over it

It was a dramatic story that made me sad for months. Dv2012 selected and then the selection was voided together with many others. But i got over it

Oh, so unlucky to be caught up in that - yes unfortunately it was not a valid selection.
Well, congratulations on being drawn again and good luck with the process this time!

Hello Good people on this wonderful forum, My spouse is the principal applicant for DV 2016, we have submitted the DS 260 waiting for 2NL. Please Her name on her educational certificate is DAN-VESSEL RTYU, for some reasons she stop using hyphen from 2011 which means most of her documents are bearing DANVESSEL RTYU, so that was what she used for the registeration, upon following threads on previous post, I am Wondering of our chances bcos of her high certificate bearing a hyphen. Pls advice

Hello Good people on this wonderful forum, My spouse is the principal applicant for DV 2016, we have submitted the DS 260 waiting for 2NL. Please Her name on her educational certificate is DAN-VESSEL RTYU, for some reasons she stop using hyphen from 2011 which means most of her documents are bearing DANVESSEL RTYU, so that was what she used for the registeration, upon following threads on previous post, I am Wondering of our chances bcos of her high certificate bearing a hyphen. Pls advice

Even for Ghana I don't think that should be a problem.

Shouldn't be a problem. But just to be clear is it the same on your other documents, like passport and birth cert.

Yes indeed, I also believe it wouldn't be a problem provided the name you provided in the original entry is same as your CURRENT name. I have observed that the form ds260 doesn't accept hyphens. But as @Britsimon always advises, be sure to add the name on the certificate DAN VESSEL RTYU as an additional name on the ds260.

Oh, so unlucky to be caught up in that - yes unfortunately it was not a valid selection.
Well, congratulations on being drawn again and good luck with the process this time!
Many thanks ma'am, I'm just so overprepared... but again I can only hope

Thanks great minds, @sammy, The original entry = DANVESSEL RTYU
PASSPORT, Birth Cert AND PHOTO ID CARDS = DANVESSEL RTYU
High Sch & Degree Certificate = DAN-VESSEL RTYU

1. The CN is 2016Af7xxx submitted on 30th May, I want to believe we will be scheduled for September, any clue?
2. Also please we were married before the entry, does it give us some leverage, does anyone have experience of questions likely to be asked?
Thank you, I am happy to find myself here.

1. The CN is 2016Af7xxx submitted on 30th May, I want to believe we will be scheduled for September, any clue?
2. Also please we were married before the entry, does it give us some leverage, does anyone have experience of questions likely to be asked?
1. Yes. You are more likely to be scheduled for an October interview.
2. A genuine marriage makes u'r case good. however, a marriage before the draw makes it better.
Generally, questions asked during interviews differ but be sure to get questions which try to find out how genuine the marriage is. ie. When you met,how you met, what attracted you to each other etc.
Don't also forget to take along your wedding pictures, video,invitation cards etc. Just to serve as proof.

Best regards.

1. Yes. You are more likely to be scheduled for an October interview.
2. A genuine marriage makes u'r case good. however, a marriage before the draw makes it better.
Generally, questions asked during interviews differ but be sure to get questions which try to find out how genuine the marriage is. ie. When you met,how you met, what attracted you to each other etc.
Don't also forget to take along your wedding pictures, video,invitation cards etc. Just to serve as proof.

Best regards.

OP cannot be scheduled for an October interview if he/she is a 2016 selectee.

Jonydiago, Mom is right about your date. But just curious, what necessitate your late submission. I pray you get scheduled soon and then proceed to have a successful Visa pick up.

Ill need your opinions on this..
A friend who also won asked for my advice on this name issue. Her Surname is Foofoo-Booboo First name is Nana Ama. But her name appears on wassce certificate as 'Foofoo-Booboo Nana A' otherwise all other docs are OK. (so there's a firstname truncation)

I advised her to add this name 'Foofoo Booboo Nana A' as an additional name used on ds260. (With hyphen off since ds260 rejects hyphens).

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ