• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

hi guys..i have been selected for further processing.....2017AF00013****
and ineed your help on some issues
1.what other document can i use to register since my passport is not ready
2.About my name order eg first name is David my surname is Asare .WAEC always put your surname first before First name making Asare David.so its like that on my waec certificates.But on my Birth cert it is David Asare my passport is will be David Asare.
Do i need to start worrying?

You're welcome and congrats!
On the birth certificate it's always the first name that appears first being the corresponding instruction to the name column. So you've got nothing to worry about.
But for the Passport, are you now going to acquire it? If yes then it's the surname that comes first so don't worry. When filling the form for Passport,just ensure that you don't ruin the application by changing anything unnecessarily . Just follow the instructions.

You're welcome and congrats!
On the birth certificate it's always the first name that appears first being the corresponding instruction to the name column. So you've got nothing to worry about.
But for the Passport, are you now going to acquire it? If yes then it's the surname that comes first so don't worry. When filling the form for Passport,just ensure that you don't ruin the application by changing anything unnecessarily . Just follow the instructions.
im now gonna acquire the passport...and on the passport form there is a space for surname and first name so i put the names under the respective categories.So its up to them whether they bring first names first or surname/last name first
And let me ask the Ghanaians here...is your passport with firstname first or last name/surnames first?

im now gonna acquire the passport...and on the passport form there is a space for surname and first name so i put the names under the respective categories.So its up to them whether they bring first names first or surname/last name first
And let me ask the Ghanaians here...is your passport with firstname first or last name/surnames first?
The Passport comes with the surname first.
In fact just fill the form appropriately and the Passport will come with no issue.
I did that and I'm clean.
I hope you're minding the time with regards to the interview date. You'll need to expedite the acquisition of the Passport. PM me soon

Oh sorry!
Just realized you've done that hence you're good to go...

My name is sebastian am a winner in the dv 2017 i want to know what passes and in what subject do they normally look for

My name is sebastian am a winner in the dv 2017 i want to know what passes and in what subject do they normally look for

You're welcome Boss and congrats... The passes have to compromise Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
Here the emphasis is on Mathematics and English. With these plus any other subjects intact, you're good to roll:D

Regardless of whether any of those documents will be presented or not, you are required to list any other name(s) you've ever used. Failure to do so could cost you the visa you're applying for. A background check will be carried out on you, if that name turns up in the course of the background check (and you haven't listed it), they will wonder at what else it is you're hiding or trying to hide.

You've been told what should be done, now go ahead and decide on what you want to do.
mom, would you say names on social media are relevant? Especially professional networking sites such as linkedIN?

mom, would you say names on social media are relevant? Especially professional networking sites such as linkedIN?

I would have said no too but on re-checking the forms it includes professional and religious names. Assuming the name you have on LinkedIn is the one you use at work (if not why have it on LinkedIn?) then I would add it to be on the safe side.

Yeah, my assumption too is a name used on professional sites such as LinkedIn would be a name one typically goes by. The short form of a person's legal name, if used in the past or currently in use will equally need to be noted. However I don't believe an alias or a moniker used on social media, for instance like the ones we use here should to be listed.

Yeah, my assumption too is a name used on professional sites such as LinkedIn would be a name one typically goes by. The short form of a person's legal name, if used in the past or currently in use will equally need to be noted. However I don't believe an alias or a moniker used on social media, for instance like the ones we use here should to be listed.

Agreed.

though affidavits of support are rarely ask ať Ghana embassy but as @Britsimon has said "oné should be overprepared."..so when do you think oné should start working on the form i-134 if it expires?

Do you go around to friends or businesses introducing yourself as Lucid?
Nope, haha... but well a few of my friends call me by my twitter handle.
It's not about me, but for instance, they're some people who are professional bloggers, who are identified in real life by their social media alias.