• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Nope, haha... but well a few of my friends call me by my twitter handle.
It's not about me, but for instance, they're some people who are professional bloggers, who are identified in real life by their social media alias.

But if they are professional bloggers, as you say, that will (IMO) fall under the explicit instructions - which as I noted above includes professional and religious names.

please am a winner of the 2017 dv lottery in ghana..but i have a little issue and need your help whether to process or stop..the problem is my surname..eg smith..it was changed like this simth..but my other names are correct. .and also error in my date of bith..eg correct dob is 15/03/92 but enter dv as 15/02/94..what should I do in my case..I need a honest answers ..thanks my friends. .

please am a winner of the 2017 dv lottery in ghana..but i have a little issue and need your help whether to process or stop..the problem is my surname..eg smith..it was changed like this simth..but my other names are correct. .and also error in my date of bith..eg correct dob is 15/03/92 but enter dv as 15/02/94..what should I do in my case..I need a honest answers ..thanks my friends. .

An agent probably submitted the eDV registration on your behalf, right? Unfortunately the COs are no longer treating such errors lightly at the US embassy in Ghana. You're more likely to be denied based on those errors.

Agree with mom, even one of those errors in Ghana would probably disqualify you, two on the same entry form is very likely to lead to denial. My suggestion would be don't waste your money, apply again this year and this time do the application yourself and ensure all the info is correct before submitting.

I did it myself but I mistook my younger sister's date of birth and she took mine..was entering it for her..please can I contact the embassy or call kcc to explain myself whether to go ahead and process it or stop? has any one here encounter this problem but has succeeded? please help..

Sorry. If you read back through the past years' Ghana threads you'll see that these errors usually lead to denial. KCC does not decide on applications and cannot advise you whether or not an applicatiom will be successful - that is up to the embassy/consulate where you interview.

I did it myself but I mistook my younger sister's date of birth and she took mine..was entering it for her..please can I contact the embassy or call kcc to explain myself whether to go ahead and process it or stop? has any one here encounter this problem but has succeeded? please help..

Regardless of who submitted the registration, highly doubtful the embassy will cut you any slack. Like Susie already responded, contacting KCC is pointless- they do not adjudicate the case, that's left to the embassy so they will not give you a direct response as to whether or not you should continue.

As for the embassy, they've noticed a rather high number of fraudulent cases in Ghana, so it seems they're no longer cutting selectees with errors any slack, which is unfortunate for those with genuine error(s). So it's going to be your call at the end of the day if you want to continue with the process or not.

In addition to the accurate comments above, I have to say that micing around names and birthdays seems very common in Ghana, and these types of mistakes are exactly why the COs are strict there. In some cases these mistakes are a deliberate attempt to conceal some type of fraud. The CO'S are smarter than people expect...

May I also know if a name on a marriage certificate that have been arranged in this category will cause a denial.
Name of husband: Somuah(surname) Henry(first name)
Wife's name: Belinda(First name) Ashong(surname)

ID document used by husband for marriage registration is "travel passport" and wife used her "birth certificate".
* May I know if that will pose a problem at the Ghana embassy.

May I also know if a name on a marriage certificate that have been arranged in this category will cause a denial.

ID document used by husband for marriage registration is "travel passport" and wife used her "birth certificate".

Ghana denies well over 50% of cases (closer to 75%). So - anyone interviewing there must prepare well and accept there is significant risk. As to whether this particular problem would cause a problem or not, I don't know.

Is the marriage certificate clear as to which is first name and which is surname?

I have already submited the Ds- 260 form since mid june when should i expert my interview my case no. Is 2017AF00006***

I have my high school certificate but am unemployed. should i provide an affidavit of support during the interview

An affidavit of support attesting to what? Anyway, it's irrelevant. You don't need an affidavit of support (the US embassy in Ghana has no regard for sworn affidavits as a matter of fact).