• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Alright. So when do you suggest I fill the forms with that? Mid July? And when will I possibly get an interview date?

If you'll like to be interviewed with in Oct, assuming that's when the number is likely to become current, submit the DS-260 form now with the number in your current passport. That number can always be updated after you get your new passport.

DS260 backlogs will already be a reality. So a DS260 now, would be doubtful to be processed in time for an October interview. My guess is that we will be seeing 4+ month processing time for DS260s submitted from now, so the only October interviews will be those DS260s that were submitted in the first half of May, and with a low case number. A DS260 submitted now will be processing until September/October, resulting in a November/December interview (IF the case number is also current).

Ok. Thanks. You guys have been of great help. I reckon I will not need any passport picture when filling the online DS-260 or will I?

Ok. Thanks. You guys have been of great help. I reckon I will not need any passport picture when filling the online DS-260 or will I?

No you wouldn't.
just to add to what SusieQQQ and Britsimon said, getting a passport in Ghana can take a little longer than expected. it took me 6 months to get mine and it seems nothing has changed. so considering your case I think it would be better if you waited a lil while or be rest assured of the time your new passport will be ready before submitting it.

Although you can use the old passport number to fill the form, a visa cannot be printed in. so it will be suicidal to get you appointment date on a day your passport is not ready.

Yet still u can submit it whiles u wait for it and if you see that your passport will not be ready on time, you unlock the form just to delay being scheduled.

wow... you guys have been heaven sent. I have been brooding over this for about a month now and may have missed the October deadline. I have been informed my passport will be ready by mid August which falls about a week after 6 months of me applying. Considering when I fill the form now, I will get the my appointment Nov/Dec, will it be safe to still complete if I can change that details by August ending after the appointment date has been scheduled?

wow... you guys have been heaven sent. I have been brooding over this for about a month now and may have missed the October deadline. I have been informed my passport will be ready by mid August which falls about a week after 6 months of me applying. Considering when I fill the form now, I will get the my appointment Nov/Dec, will it be safe to still complete if I can change that details by August ending after the appointment date has been scheduled?

You don't need to change the details with the same amount of time as first completion. As long as it was submitted initially you'll be scheduled. Actually my personal belief is it is not compulsory to change the details on the DS260, even if it is preferable. Quite a few people don't do that and just bring both old and new passport along to the interview.
Do consider sammy's warning about getting your passport in time though.

You don't need to change the details with the same amount of time as first completion. As long as it was submitted initially you'll be scheduled. Actually my personal belief is it is not compulsory to change the details on the DS260, even if it is preferable. Quite a few people don't do that and just bring both old and new passport along to the interview.
Do consider sammy's warning about getting your passport in time though.

Yeah, but this is Ghana. Best to add it and let the background checks clear.

Am facing the same problem and i have been adviced to change the name in my passport to suit the one on the lottery. Am also from Ghana

Am facing the same problem and i have been adviced to change the name in my passport to suit the one on the lottery. Am also from Ghana

woow congrats to you. I knew gradually this forum will very interactive.

To your question:
to change the name on your passport means to also change your birth cert too. And you also cannot also get the visa with mismatching names.

so the bal lies in your court now.
Make the decision and let's take it from there

Yes . and i want to know if is important to get a new birth certificate, maybe the embassy will be requesting during the interview

Yes . and i want to know if is important to get a new birth certificate, maybe the embassy will be requesting during the interview

It is a must to go with your birth cert.