• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

If you haven't already understood, let me explain.

Ghana sees very high levels of real fraud. False documents, eDVs filled in incorrectly by agents (and selectees trying to lie or create documents to match the story), fake marriages. You name it - the Ghana embassy sees it. This should not be a surprise to you or anyone else in Ghana. And to others I say please let's not have some nationalistic, childish reaction (as I have had from some Ghanaian's previously) to the truth I am saying. This means that refusals in Ghana are going to be high.

Now - that is what the COs in Accra are dealing with on a daily basis. Their reaction to that reality seems to have been a swing in the other direction. They are extremely sensitive to small errors, they are very picky (even dismissive) about genuine documents and they are even administering oral tests to confirm stated education (against guidelines). If they see one or two small errors they assume some sort of fraud even in cases which I believe are genuine. They end up refusing cases incorrectly. The combination of accurate and inaccurate refusals means the chance of approval in Accra is low. Very low.

For a case to be approved in Ghana your eDV should have been accurate. Your preparation needs to be excellent. Your documents need to be genuine. Your education needs to be well documented. Above all, you must be genuine - they have seen many liars, and have I am sure quite expert at identifying liars.

Hello,
When reading the thread of messages concerning others yesterday, I came across a Ghanaian who was denied a DV entry permit at the embassy together with the partner for a mistake such as Mrs. Yyy Hhh Bbb instead of Mrs. Yyy Bbb Hhh.

Q1. Is it rare? Possible to deny a visa based that mistake. Even to stage of someone have a mistake in year of birth.

In short: in Ghana, to get refused for both these issues - any error in name or date of birth - is very common. It is also common to be denied because the photo is incorrect, we have been told of cases where agents take photos and names off facebook and enter them and then tell the person they have won...

Hello fellow friends here, what are the common and frequent question that they do ask couples........lol. Has any couples ever shared their stories here before?

Hello fellow friends here, what are the common and frequent question that they do ask couples........lol. Has any couples ever shared their stories here before?

Couples usually only come under scrutiny if marriage happened after selection.

Spend some time going through some past DV Ghana Threads in the forum. Interview experience abounds on them.

Under the additional information, there is this question:

Q: Have you belong to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? I hope this question is about a person having worked for an NGO right.

Hello. My name is Kenton from Accra. And I have also been selected for the interview. This forum has been a good read. However, I want to ask two questions:

1. I lost my birth certificate and have applied for a new one. Will there be any issues raised?
2. I have been told also that I can not use my old non-biometric passport. I have bought the forms to apply for the biometric forms.

Are these all good or questions will be raised as to why my passport and birth certificates are new.

Please advice. I hope to get these two documents in by first week in August to apply.

Hello. My name is Kenton from Accra. And I have also been selected for the interview. This forum has been a good read. However, I want to ask two questions:

1. I lost my birth certificate and have applied for a new one. Will there be any issues raised?
2. I have been told also that I can not use my old non-biometric passport. I have bought the forms to apply for the biometric forms.

Are these all good or questions will be raised as to why my passport and birth certificates are new.

Please advice. I hope to get these two documents in by first week in August to apply.

No problems with new documents , obviously assuming they are all genuine, which is what the consulate will examine.

I'm confused by your last sentence though. By "apply", do you mean fill in your DS260? You don't need to wait for the documents to do that as you do not submit documents with it. You can fill it in with your current passport number and update when your new one arrives.

Thanks for your reply Sussie.

1. By applying, I meant to complete the online DS260 form.
2. How will I update the new passport number? Online or at the interview?

Thanks for your reply Sussie.

1. By applying, I meant to complete the online DS260 form.
2. How will I update the new passport number? Online or at the interview?

You update it online before the interview. In order yo do that, you'll have to email KCC and request for them to unlock your form, and that shouldn't be a problem.

Alright. Thanks. Would I need to complete the forms now or I can still wait till Early August to do that? What are the implications of waiting till August?

Alright. Thanks. Would I need to complete the forms now or I can still wait till Early August to do that? What are the implications of waiting till August?

Depends what your case number is. If it's a very low case number it could delay your interview. Otherwise not much implication.

My case number is in the 4,000s that will be mean I can't wait till August, right?

Depends if you mind a delay in your interview. I'd expect that number to be current in October but October interview invitations will be sent out around mid-August so yes you'd miss those. If you submit in early August you'd (this is an estimate not a guarantee) get a small possibility of an interview in November but more likely December - and possibly even January if they have large backlogs like they do some years. So it largely depends on how urgently you want your interview.