• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

The person that filled the form for me made a mistake in the name FHGKF POIJU instead of POIJU FHGKF on the lottery form. And one funny thing is on the WASSCE there is no indication of first name or Second name(i.e the name on the WASSCE slip is FHGKF POIJU )that is good for me because i would have register for NOV/DEC becus of the name on the lottery form. But it match my WASSCE slip but not my passport and birth certificate

Am facing the same problem and i have been adviced to change the name in my passport to suit the one on the lottery. Am also from Ghana

You should be aware that you are almost 100% certain to be denied. So all time and money you spend will be wasted.

The person that filled the form for me made a mistake in the name FHGKF POIJU instead of POIJU FHGKF on the lottery form. And one funny thing is on the WASSCE there is no indication of first name or Second name(i.e the name on the WASSCE slip is FHGKF POIJU )that is good for me because i would have register for NOV/DEC becus of the name on the lottery form. But it match my WASSCE slip but not my passport and birth certificate
You should be aware that you are almost 100% certain to be denied. So all time and money you spend will be wasted.

Susie is correct.

This is one of the reasons why it is so important that the eDV submissions are being completed by person/family members themselves - the risk of wrong information resulting in automatic visa refusal at interviews stage will be greatly reduced, with appropriate care being applied that is. Sorry, it probably won't make much sense to spend the money up to the interview, just to be denied at that stage.

You should really read through the threads of the past couple of years and see how many times agents made mistakes like this, and tried to convince the people it would be ok or encourage them to get fraudulent or changed documents or affidavits and always... Denial, denial, denial. Waste of money, waste of time, the only person who wins is...the agent because you can't get your money back from them .

Hello, most often when I ask a question I hardly get an answer until I hit back again? Hmmmm.......I'm full of doubt, that I might be disturbing the forum with flimsy questions eventhough I know questions I ask are important until they're not asked.

Q1.Do I have to scan the required documents and have them mailed to KCC? If yes, how's that done?
Q2.The signing and submitting of the DS-260, should it be instantaneous when submitting for all the families?
Q3.If a completed DS 260 electronic form is submitted and the intervals of submitting are two days apart, would both PA and Derivatives get booked for same day interview?

Hello, most often when I ask a question I hardly get an answer until I hit back again? Hmmmm.......I'm full of doubt, that I might be disturbing the forum with flimsy questions eventhough I know questions I ask are important until they're not asked.

Maybe most of your questions that are not getting answered are questions regarding things that are obvious and the same set of people answering are just tired of responding over and over again.

I agree no question should be considered stupid, irrelevant, or completely ignored in a public forum such as this that's trying to help people. However, I do believe you're simply overthinking the process and reading less - you need to do things the other way round - the DV process is rather simple and straightforward for those who follow the rules from the very start.

Q1.Do I have to scan the required documents and have them mailed to KCC? If yes, how's that done?
Q2.The signing and submitting of the DS-260, should it be instantaneous when submitting for all the families?
Q3.If a completed DS 260 electronic form is submitted and the intervals of submitting are two days apart, would both PA and Derivatives get booked for same day interview?

1. No. All the required documents are to be presented at the time of the interview.

2. This is one of those overthinking the process questions IMHO!

3. The principal applicant and all of his/her derivatives get interviewed together regardless of when a derivative was added or had their DS-260 form submitted - assuming the follow to join option or a request to be interviewed at different embassies/in different countries hasn't been made.

Just to add, that the answer to 1 is clearly stated in the instructions for selectees.

"You will take the documents with you to your interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Do not send any of these documents to the Kentucky Consular Center."

https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

The first thing to do is ensure you have read the instructions properly, then ask for clarification (like #3, which is not addressed).

You might also want to remember that everyone here is here voluntarily and unpaid. It's no-one's job to sit here and monitor all the posts and ensure that every question is answered. We do try our best, but we all have lives and sometimes posts get missed. I am personally less inclined to answer questions which have been asked and answered numerous times before - it's not much to expect to people to read past posts or search - or which are clear in the instructions. If I have time I'll answer them,but if I'm in a hurry I won't because I know the answers are easy to find.

Last edited:
Just to add, that the answer to 1 is clearly stated in the instructions for selectees.

"You will take the documents with you to your interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Do not send any of these documents to the Kentucky Consular Center."

https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

The first thing to do is ensure you have read the instructions properly, then ask for clarification (like #3, which is not addressed).

You might also want to remember that everyone here is here voluntarily and unpaid. It's no-one's job to sit here and monitor all the posts and ensure that every question is answered. We do try our best, but we all have lives and sometimes posts get missed. I am personally less inclined to answer questions which have been asked and answered numerous times before - it's not much to expect to people to read past posts or search - or which are clear in the instructions. If I have time I'll answer them,but if I'm in a hurry I won't because I know the answers are easy to find.
Yes, you are right. I think I must anticipate enough time just to study, that's by reading the instructions thoroughly. Thanks Susie.

Thanks Susie for the advice. Still will count on you when I'm finding greater difficulties.

Hello, a quick question as I am filling the eDV forms.
In the section for primary occupation, I choose Education as I am a remedial class tutor currently.
Is it the right option to choose or does choosing education mean I am a student?
Thanks.

Hello, a quick question as I am filling the eDV forms.
In the section for primary occupation, I choose Education as I am a remedial class tutor currently.
Is it the right option to choose or does choosing education mean I am a student?
Thanks.

Hmmn, no you're not filling out the eDV forms, you're filling out the DS-260 form.

If there's no other option closely related to teaching/tutoring available to choose from, then choosing Education should be fine. At the end of the day, that profession isn't going to make much of a difference in your case.

Hello,
I am gathering the documents now. With the birth certificate, I have just noticed that the website makes a clear distinction between a long form and a short form, stating that "You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted." How do I obtain the long form?

Hello,
I am gathering the documents now. With the birth certificate, I have just noticed that the website makes a clear distinction between a long form and a short form, stating that "You must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted." How do I obtain the long form?

Surely you must have a local government office tasked with issuing such documents?

Hello,

The long form has both parents names on it. Check the one you have.

Hello,

Another question that is already answered if one had read the links from the selection letter properly....

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/GH.html
Look for the correct section including birth certificates on the left hand side and it tells you all you need to know....

Also be sure you understand what the long form is (it is not as long as some people seem to think, so check what you already have is sufficient:

The certificate must contain the:
  • Person's date of birth;
  • Person's place of birth;
  • Names of both parents; and,
  • Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.