• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Well my FO is not as nice as Baltimore for sure. They said they have the file but have not looked at it yet, sit tight we'll be in touch maybe in January...

Mom, I have a question. My husband HAS to leave the country (his mom has couple of days left to live - stage 4 cancer). We are aware that he would abandon his AOS with this trip. Can he reapply with consular processing overseas or what other option do we have here? We have not filed an I-131 and he has an F2 visa.

Appreciate the answer.

I'm sorry to learn of your mother in law's health.

Your husband can request an expedited AP - your husband will need to present copies of her medical records at an INFOPASS to request this (just like @justsomeguy already explained a couple of posts above he had planned on doing).

I have biometric appointment tomorrow. There are a few scraches on my thumb. Will it be a problem in finger printing? What should I do?

If they are temporary scratches, they will probably ask you to return for another appointment (when the scars would have disappeared). If they're not able to get a good reading, they will ask you to apply for a PCC and send it in. They typically provide guidance on how to get that.

If they are temporary scratches, they will probably ask you to return for another appointment (when the scars would have disappeared). If they're not able to get a good reading, they will ask you to apply for a PCC and send it in. They typically provide guidance on how to get that.

I'm missing the end of one finger. They didn't ask me to come back - but then it's pretty obvious the darn thing isn't growing back anytime soon. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to learn of your mother in law's health.

Your husband can request an expedited AP - your husband will need to present copies of her medical records at an INFOPASS to request this (just like @justsomeguy already explained a couple of posts above he had planned on doing).
Would the medical records have to be translated? If the next Infopass is 2 weeks from now, mailing the emergency AP request would be just as effective?

Thank you!

Would the medical records have to be translated? If the next Infopass is 2 weeks from now, mailing the emergency AP request would be just as effective?

Thank you!

Of course, anything you're submitting to USCIS has to be in English. So if the medical document isn't originally in English it needs to be translated.

Since your mother in law supposedly has only a couple of days left, why are you waiting for 2 weeks to go in the INFOPASS? This is in ideal case of attempting a walk in INFOPASS - the guards will be reasonable if they're made to understand the urgency involved.

Of course, anything you're submitting to USCIS has to be in English. So if the medical document isn't originally in English it needs to be translated.

Since your mother in law supposedly has only a couple of days left, why are you waiting for 2 weeks to go in the INFOPASS? This is in ideal case of attempting a walk in INFOPASS - the guards will be reasonable if they're made to understand the urgency involved.
I do not want to wait even for a second, there is just no info pass closer than that. However, translating that 150 pages of medical records will take some time.
That was why I was trying to see if he can just go and apply for it again with consular processing or something.

I do not want to wait even for a second, there is just no info pass closer than that. However, translating that 150 pages of medical records will take some time.
That was why I was trying to see if he can just go and apply for it again with consular processing or something.

1. Again because it's an emergency, you may be able to do a walk in INFOPASS

2. There's no need to interpret 150 pages of medical records. Get a letter from her doctor summarizing her health situation and how long she has left. Select a couple of pertinent pages from the medical file and interpret only those. Those couple of interpreted pages plus the letter from her doctor should be enough.

3. Alternatively, rather than wait for USCIS to determine the case as abandoned, notify them of your intention to withdraw his petition. Then he can process CP as follow to join. Be prepared for a long process if going this route. You'll need to open up his DS260 and indicate he's processing CP, you'll also need to update yours to state he's proposing FTJ. KCC will need a couple of months to process his form, and you will need to have been approved and filed form I824 with USCIS before he'll be scheduled for an interview. In order words, you guys should be prepared for a long wait/process if going this route.

Hello,

I am not sure if this is normal or not but I thought I would share my experience. This morning I missed a call from a private number and they left a voicemail saying they were from Homeland Security and calling regarding making an appointment and that they would email me some options for the date and time. I then received an email saying that they were scheduling my interview appointment and they gave me a few different dates and time that I could pick. I chose the first appointment available which is next Wednesday morning. They then sent me an email confirmation that I had to bring and will bring to the appointment.

I am so happy that my interview is so soon.

It was an US mail. But dont worry we went to fingerprint today and It took about 15 min for all of us for walking fingerprint. They just took a picture and pointing finger's print from kids. And if they can write their names instead of signature .
Hello Mel&rose, were your checks being cashed by USCIS before receiving the NOA letter?

Thanks

Hello,

I was going through the "Tips for the AOS interview" and the link under Affidavit of Support is broken. Is someone able to share the link to print the U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9? I am after sections 40.41 N4.4-3 and 40.41 N5.6-3.

Thank you!

Mom

My Son as a Derivative Applicant just received the NOA email however my D-i-L does not? Anybody that has been through a similar situation? Or any cases like this?

Thanks

Mom

My Son as a Derivative Applicant just received the NOA email however my D-i-L does not? Anybody that has been through a similar situation? Or any cases like this?

Thanks

Only one person receives the email notification and it is supposed to be the main selectee/petitioner. However, it is not unusual for the derivative to receive the email notification for all the cases just like your son has received in this case.

Hello,

I was going through the "Tips for the AOS interview" and the link under Affidavit of Support is broken. Is someone able to share the link to print the U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9? I am after sections 40.41 N4.4-3 and 40.41 N5.6-3.

Thank you!

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. Will try and fix it when I log into a PC.

Only one person receives the email notification and it is supposed to be the main selectee/petitioner. However, it is not unusual for the derivative to receive the email notification for all the cases just like your son has received in this case.
Any suggestions? what should they do at this stage? Do they have to inquiry this at the USCIS? please advise.
Thanks

Any suggestions? what should they do at this stage? Do they have to inquiry this at the USCIS? please advise.
Thanks

They do not have to do anything. Like I said, it is not unusual for the derivative to receive on behalf of the family. What matters is for one of them to receive the email and/or text notifications.