• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Hi, I did not apply for EAD/AP during my I-485 application in the hopes that I will get my GC faster (F1 student, I am current as of October). My question is, if my interview gets approved on the spot and my passport gets stamped, will I be able to travel abroad with that without AP? Thanks!

Hi, I did not apply for EAD/AP during my I-485 application in the hopes that I will get my GC faster (F1 student, I am current as of October). My question is, if my interview gets approved on the spot and my passport gets stamped, will I be able to travel abroad with that without AP? Thanks!
Passports are not given an ADIT stamp commonly anymore but yes, if you get one, the stamp serves as a temporary proof of permanent residency (meaning you can travel abroad and seek admission with the stamp when you're back).

Passports are not given an ADIT stamp commonly anymore but yes, if you get one, the stamp serves as a temporary proof of permanent residency (meaning you can travel abroad and seek admission with the stamp when you're back).

Is there a criteria that they use for the stamp? I'm going in for another infopass tomorrow with the aim of getting it (since I need to travel and my I-131 is still not approved after 95 days).

Did your I-485 got approved?

I was told on 11/02 that it was approved pending only the release of the visa number from KCC, which the officer described as purely administrative. I was asked the usual "are you a terrorist" questions. My case status on egov hasn't updated.

I was told on 11/02 that it was approved pending only the release of the visa number from KCC, which the officer described as purely administrative. I was asked the usual "are you a terrorist" questions. My case status on egov hasn't updated.
If your online status hasnt been updated and/or you haven't recieved the welcome (approval) letter, your application is most probably isn't approved yet. There is no way of getting an ADIT stamp without approval but it'll be helpful for you to follow up on your case. It may have gotten stuck in background checks or the IO may simply have forgotten about your case. So it's good to bring it back to their attention by going for an infopass.

If your interview gets approved on the spot and you get an I551 stamp on your passport, yes you may use it to travel. However it only takes about 2-3 weeks to get the actual GC from when the petition is approved, my suggestion would be to wait for the GC - at least that's what I would do.

Is there a criteria that they use for the stamp? I'm going in for another infopass tomorrow with the aim of getting it (since I need to travel and my I-131 is still not approved after 95 days).

You can only get this if indeed your AOS petition has been approved and it's given at the discretion of the IO.

Hey mom, I was reviewing my package before sending it and I noticed a question in my I-485 form about public assistance. The question if I have received public assistance in the US from any source including US government, state, county, city or municipality? I answered no but I have received financial assistance for my medical bills. I have my insurance but it doesn't cover everything thing so the hospital where I visited covered the rest. Should I answere yes based on this

Hey mom, I was reviewing my package before sending it and I noticed a question in my I-485 form about public assistance. The question if I have received public assistance in the US from any source including US government, state, county, city or municipality? I answered no but I have received financial assistance for my medical bills. I have my insurance but it doesn't cover everything thing so the hospital where I visited covered the rest. Should I answere yes based on this

You should disclose it.

I have set an infopass to expedite the EAD, it is tomorrow, but I just checked and the application has been approved in the meantime today. Can I or should I still go to the appointment like I do not know that it was approved?

OK, I will. I called one of the hospitals that I visited and they said that the rest of my bill was covered by charity and not by a state program but I have to check the other clinic, if it's the same case can I keep my answer as NO? Also do you think this will affect their decision?

I have set an infopass to expedite the EAD, it is tomorrow, but I just checked and the application has been approved in the meantime today. Can I or should I still go to the appointment like I do not know that it was approved?

You may still go if you like and use it to follow up on your AOS petition itself.

OK, I will. I called one of the hospitals that I visited and they said that the rest of my bill was covered by charity and not by a state program but I have to check the other clinic, if it's the same case can I keep my answer as NO? Also do you think this will affect their decision?

Why are you overthinking if you need to say yes or no? The question says 'any source' - why are you being reluctant to state you got help from the Hospital Care Assurance Program like you posted before?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-44#post-2443380

Yes it is not a government funded program and it does not fall under the public charge category. Anyway, it's your case, your call.

It has been 15 days that I have done my biometric, still no letter for interview. I live in Texas as you may know over here people are mostly racist and don't like us, Should I change my interview State to California in order to make sure my interview goes well?

It has been 15 days that I have done my biometric, still no letter for interview. I live in Texas as you may know over here people are mostly racist and don't like us, Should I change my interview State to California in order to make sure my interview goes well?

Seriously??? Honestly speaking, your description of an entire State as being racist portrays you in a very unpleasant light IMHO.

On a side note, did you ever read anywhere that there's a specific number of days within which the IL must be received, or that it is required to show up in 15 days or less following the biometrics? Did you look at Timelines spreadsheets for this year and the past couple of years to get an idea of the average number of days it takes for your FO to send out the IL?

:confused: well, why allow reality cloud your preconceived notions on how things work? "Should I change my interview State to California", good chance you might not like the USCIS folks you would be meeting there, neither. Possibly you are part of the issues you seem to be facing? Not even talking about the actual process of changing your interview location at this stage of the game...

Hi all

Good news - I went in to the Baltimore office this morning with a letter from my father's surgeon demonstrating an urgent need to travel. This turned out to be unnecessary as my green card was approved on the spot (the IO said the final step was completed yesterday) and my passport was stamped with 3 month validity. My case status was updated to card production ordered. Done done done! Thank you all so much for your help!