• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

If your CN is current for December, the you should go ahead and make the DV payment now. You want to give yourself enough time to get back the payment receipt to enable you include it with your AOS package.
Will it be OK to pay the DV fee before receiving my 2NL from KCC?
Also, is it mandatory for us to wait for DV fee payment receipt before submitting our I-485 package? Can we sent the DV payment together with I-485 package beginning of December?

Will it be OK to pay the DV fee before receiving my 2NL from KCC?
Also, is it mandatory for us to wait for DV fee payment receipt before submitting our I-485 package? Can we sent the DV payment together with I-485 package beginning of December?

1. Yes. Like I said before.
2. It is highly advisable to include the DV payment receipt with the AOS package. However, you may opt to not include it and simply take it along to your interview. Your call.
3. See 2 above.

You may send your package as is. Be prepared though, if required, to prove you'll not become a public charge.
Hey mom, I am having the same problem. The affidavit of support is taking a long time and my number is current since October. Can I just send it and bring the affidavit of support with me to the interview?

Hey mom, I am having the same problem. The affidavit of support is taking a long time and my number is current since October. Can I just send it and bring the affidavit of support with me to the interview?

Yes you may. The post you quoted is equally applicable to you.

Do the election results have any consequences for filing AOS over the next few months?

My guess is that the actual consequences for existing DV winners is likely to be small or non-existent. That said, people should remember that the President has extremely broad authority to ban or suspend entry for any class of persons (see link below), which could include DV lottery winners. Whether Trump will in fact do so is a matter for him. My personal view is that if it is at all possible to get adjudication or at least filing before inauguration day, then you should do so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sident-has-power-to-ban-any-class-of-persons/

Hello
my CN will be current in February, and I am multi F2 visa holder. I want to go my home country for vacation and will come back January. it doesn't make problem for my AOS application and for my interview? I want just to see my family after long time.
I will file my AOS package the first of February.
Thanks

1. Yes. Like I said before.
2. It is highly advisable to include the DV payment receipt with the AOS package. However, you may opt to not include it and simply take it along to your interview. Your call.
3. See 2 above.
Thanks for the support. We have just sent our DV payments to DOS today and will be waiting for the receipt conformation slip before sending our AOS package.

Can you please verify that we don`t need to include I-765(EAD) and I-797(AP) forms in our AOS package, because currently I have a valid EAD card for the next 1.5 years and my spouse is already employed under L1 visa?

Also, if we don`t apply for I-797(AP) can we travel in and out of country using our valid L1/L2 visas while waiting for the adjustment of status decision by USCIS?

Hello
my CN will be current in February, and I am multi F2 visa holder. I want to go my home country for vacation and will come back January. it doesn't make problem for my AOS application and for my interview? I want just to see my family after long time.
I will file my AOS package the first of February.
Thanks

Please go through the following posts re 30-60-90 days rule:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-10#post-2435626

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-28#post-2440992

IMO if you've waited such a long time to see your family, waiting a few more months to get your GC before traveling out to see them would be the right thing to do.

Thanks for the support. We have just sent our DV payments to DOS today and will be waiting for the receipt conformation slip before sending our AOS package.

Can you please verify that we don`t need to include I-765(EAD) and I-797(AP) forms in our AOS package, because currently I have a valid EAD card for the next 1.5 years and my spouse is already employed under L1 visa?

Also, if we don`t apply for I-797(AP) can we travel in and out of country using our valid L1/L2 visas while waiting for the adjustment of status decision by USCIS?

I'm sorry I cannot verify whether or not you need to apply for an EAD and/or AP card itself. I suggest you take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet, pay attention to the "AOS Package" tab where I've provided what I consider pertinent information and you can use that to decide if you need to apply for those documents or not. You know your situation better than I do, so you get to make the call yourself.

Yes you may travel in and out of the country while your AOS petition is pending without having an AP card and your petition wouldn't be considered abandoned because your L1/L2 visa is a dual intent visa. However bear in mind every time anyone who isn't a USC travels out of the US, re-admission isn't automatic simply because one has a valid visa or travel document, re-admission is always at the discretion of the CBP officer.

I am worry about my green card because it depends on interview and my multi visa will expire on July 2017.I am very sad

Hello
Thank you for your response.I went through posts and searched about 30/60/90 day a lot. finally I consulted with immigration attorney about my situation. He said 30/60/90 day is for someone who apply adjustment of status based on marriage with citizen or have B visa , not for F2 visa.
Now, I confused and don't know what can I do.what is your suggestion to me?

Hello
Thank you for your response.I went through posts and searched about 30/60/90 day a lot. finally I consulted with immigration attorney about my situation. He said 30/60/90 day is for someone who apply adjustment of status based on marriage with citizen or have B visa , not for F2 visa.
Now, I confused and don't know what can I do.what is your suggestion to me?

In as much as I readily admit I am not an immigration attorney and my knowledge of immigration laws are limited and could be flawed, I do believe the response from the immigration attorney isn't quite accurate. The 30/60/90 days rule applies to everyone coming into the US on a NIV - with the exception of a few such as L or H1 visas since those are dual intent visas.

Regarding my suggestion on what you should do, please refer to the last paragraph of my previous post to you as I already suggested what I think you should consider doing.

Hello,
It's been 26 days since I received my NOA letter and I still haven't received the biometric letter yet. I know other people who received the NOA letter later than me but have received the biometric letter. I have two questions;
1) How much longer am I supposed to be patient?
2) What should I do if I never receive the letter?
Thanks
Hello Radna, did you finally got your biometric letter? how long it took to receive the NOA letter?
Thanks

Hello Radna, did you finally got your biometric letter? how long it took to receive the NOA letter?
Thanks

Hi,
Unfortunately, I still haven't received the biometric letter yet.
It took less than a week to receive the NOA letter.
I am still practicing my patience.
Thanks

I had biometrics, and now I am waiting for the interview.

Can someone please explain clearly what would happen if I were to apply for CPT/OPT for spring, given that I didn't apply for EAD, and assuming that I won't get the interview till then:

1) Is it possible at all?
2) Can my OPT/CPT get approved, in spite of my pending GC application?
3) What happens if my OPT/CPT gets rejected and my GC doesn't get approved (hopefully not)?! Do I lose the privilege of applying for OPT/CPT in the future?

Hello.I apology for my several question.
which part should I tick for my husband as my spouse of a DV lottery under part 2 of form I_485?
I know that for me is , H"Diversity Visa Lottery Winner"