• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

But: is there the risk that I get the GC and due to her origin she does not? (there is this limit of 7% of all DV per country, which for Iran might be reached quicker than for Europe). Or is she "tied" to me, so that she does not fall into the cases for Iran?

As she is (or will be) a derivative of you, she will also be assigned an EU number.

Hello all,
I have a questions regarding processing time / acceptance of our AOS application.

I am case number 2017EU00007xxx and currently in the US on an E2 visa. I will get married in December, she is Iranian, in the US on an F1 visa, and we are together for many years already. We will file DS260 together, right after our marriage in a couple weeks. Am I right that this still allows enough time to get through the whole process?
The background check might take longer for her due to her origin, which is ok I think. But: is there the risk that I get the GC and due to her origin she does not? (there is this limit of 7% of all DV per country, which for Iran might be reached quicker than for Europe). Or is she "tied" to me, so that she does not fall into the cases for Iran?

Depending on this, should we/she apply again for the DV2018, or would that affect our DV2017 application in a negative way?

Thanks so much
Dominik

1. Yes

2. Yes you may end up getting your GC while she doesn't. However this wouldn't be because Iran may max out their allotted slots since as your derivative she's tied to the EU region. If she's unable to clear the background check by the end of the FY, she wouldn't be getting a GC.

3. Applying for DV2018 does not impact your current selection. It's a good backup plan to have.

Hi Mom,

Not really, I guess my case is straightforward as I only applied to AOS for myself and My current status is H1B.
After I got to know that I got selected in DV 2017 in May, I started preparing the supporting documents but at the same time I was worried about it a lot.
I didn't know what's the chance of getting GC and thought about any things that could possibly arise during the AOS process, so I thought it might be helpful to have a lawyer.
Now I'm hoping that my lawyer did not make mistakes on I485. Otherwise, I would be very disappointed.

Shan

I see. Well we've known from experience that a straight forward DV based AOS case does not require the assistance of a lawyer (too late in your case of course, this is for the benefit of anyone who might be reading this in the future).

Most lawyers have no experience dealing with DV cases but they wouldn't tell you that. They will agree to take on the case while knowing it's a simple case that shouldn't even require their service in the first place. Our host here, Rajiv Khanna is s rare breed in terms of that. He doesn't handle DV cases and tells people time and time again he's unable to take on their case because DV is not his area of expertise. Even when people ask DV related questions on the free conference calls he makes, he tells them the same thing.

My D-i-L and Son sent their AOS package on Nov 2nd and recieved at the Lockbox on Nov 3rd any idea when they will get the NOA? Their case number is current now.

Thanks

My D-i-L and Son sent their AOS package on Nov 2nd and recieved at the Lockbox on Nov 3rd any idea when they will get the NOA? Their case number is current now.

Thanks

Please refer to the 2017 Timelines spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it's been taking others to get their NOA.

Hi , I recieved our NOA letters today. But there is a diffrence between mine and my husband's with our children. In our noa there is a part that says about next step which is about biometrics appointment but in my children's there is nothing about it! Do Ineed to call them? Because for our asylum case I took them either but now I dont know what should I do?
Hello Mel&rose, the NOA letter you received was en email or was US mail? Thanks

Hi Mom! If I am on F1 going through the AOS process should I let the school officials know now or only when I am at the interview stage or it does not matter?
Thank you!

Hi Mom! If I am on F1 going through the AOS process should I let the school officials know now or only when I am at the interview stage or it does not matter?
Thank you!

You're better off not saying anything until you've completed the process and have your GC as a matter of fact. You don't want a situation where some school official misunderstands what you're trying to convey and they inadvertently terminate your SEVIS before they need to.

Hello Mel&rose, the NOA letter you received was en email or was US mail? Thanks
It was an US mail. But dont worry we went to fingerprint today and It took about 15 min for all of us for walking fingerprint. They just took a picture and pointing finger's print from kids. And if they can write their names instead of signature .

Case # 2017EU00013xxx and have just submitted our DS-260`s.

Currently in US on L1/L2 status, family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids, L1/L2 statuses) pursuing AOS for GC. When should we expect our 2NL`s?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting! I wish mine was ! What was the person's case?

More than one person has had this experience and I don't remember the names. They're however listed on some of the past Timelines spreadsheets like I said before. You can use the interview experience or interview letter received columns to locate such cases.

Case # 2017EU00013xxx and have just submitted our DS-260`s.

Currently in US on L1/L2 status, family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids, L1/L2 statuses) pursuing AOS for GC. When should we expect our 2NL`s?

Thanks in advance!

2NL for AOS could be anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months. Only the main selectee gets the 2NL.

2NL for AOS could be anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months. Only the main selectee gets the 2NL.
Thanks for clarification! Our CN becomes current in December. Do you recommend waiting for 2NL from KCC, or is it ok to proceed with DV admin fee payment and sending of AOS package on Dec 01?

i really cant find a sponsor for my AOS application, is it going to be a issue if i send like that ? 10xxxAF i can send it now right?

You're better off not saying anything until you've completed the process and have your GC as a matter of fact. You don't want a situation where some school official misunderstands what you're trying to convey and they inadvertently terminate your SEVIS before they need to.
Ok. Thank you. Will do as suggested.

Thanks for clarification! Our CN becomes current in December. Do you recommend waiting for 2NL from KCC, or is it ok to proceed with DV admin fee payment and sending of AOS package on Dec 01?

If your CN is current for December, the you should go ahead and make the DV payment now. You want to give yourself enough time to get back the payment receipt to enable you include it with your AOS package.

i really cant find a sponsor for my AOS application, is it going to be a issue if i send like that ? 10xxxAF i can send it now right?

You may send your package as is. Be prepared though, if required, to prove you'll not become a public charge.