• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I am not sure I can be passed in the interview beacuse there is no something We can predict. I want to ask, What if we register for Lottery 2018 too. Does it have any problem because I am the winer of 2017? If I do so, wouldn't be any problem in my interview or something?
I asked because there are only two days remaining.

The reason that i may need to do that is I am moving to another state and if my GC does not come by end of December things gets complicated due to the change in address.

I understand, and the truth is most petitioners also feel they have a genuine reason for wanting to expedite their cases too. However I'm assuming when you decided to process AOS you were already aware it takes 3 to 4 months on average, could possibly end up being longer if you get stuck on AP due to a pending background check.

Also, you do realize if you go on an INFOPASS to request a expedite on the basis of an address change, they will simply tell you to go ahead and do an address change online, and if you happen to be moving to a new State they will inform you it's not a problem, they will forward your file to the applicable FO after your address change.

Do go on an INFOPASS if you feel it's likely to help your case though. I just don't think the time is ripe for that, but it's your case.

I am not sure I can be passed in the interview beacuse there is no something We can predict. I want to ask, What if we register for Lottery 2018 too. Does it have any problem because I am the winer of 2017? If I do so, wouldn't be any problem in my interview or something?
I asked because there are only two days remaining.

Of course you can still register for DV2018 regardless of your being a 2017 selectee.

Hi Mom,
Since we had Work permit I didnt fill the forms but now I am concerning if the process takes long time , can I apply before Feb that our work permits will be expired?(I have recieved my fingerprint letter this week and I will go monday as walk in)

Yes you can apply, you'll need to include the NOA you received for you I-485 to ensure you don't pay for the I-765 filing. Bear in mind though, the processing time or the EAD could be 3 - 4 months.

Yes you can apply, you'll need to include the NOA you received for you I-485 to ensure you don't pay for the I-765 filing. Bear in mind though, the processing time or the EAD could be 3 - 4 months.
So you mean its better to apply now? And I dont need to pay for it?

If it'll comfort you, I applied for an AOS related EAD while I had a valid EAD (OPT). It shouldn't be a problem (I didn't face any issues last year). As per the filing fee, form I-765 has no filing fee if filed concurrently with I-485. Since, you didn't send the I-765 together with your I-485, you just have to include your NOA of your I-485 with your application and pay nothing.

You may apply for it now if you like or decide to wait - I provided you with the processing time to help you decide on your preferred line of action. And I also did say if you include the NOA for your I-485, no filing fee would be required for the I-765.

Hi,
I would like to know if a F1 student can send the I-765 and the I-131? (Just to travel while waiting for interview or GC)
Knowing that F-1 Students are not allowed to work, I'm wondering if it's bad to apply for a work permit.
If no, How long does an applicant usually receive the work permit?

I received the confirmation for the 330$ by email, then a noticed that they have my old address on the receipt. Their is no way for me to get my mail from this address. Is it ok to use the receipt that I got by email ?

Hi,
I would like to know if a F1 student can send the I-765 and the I-131? (Just to travel while waiting for interview or GC)
Knowing that F-1 Students are not allowed to work, I'm wondering if it's bad to apply for a work permit.
If no, How long does an applicant usually receive the work permit?

I believe I've suggested you go over the AOS process spreadsheet before. The fact that you're still asking this particular question regarding forms I-765 and I-131 gives me the impression you've not bothered to do so. I will oblige you this time around (once only) and provide some guidance.

Yes, you may apply for the EAD/AP card regardless of your being a F1 status person. It takes 3 months on average to get issued.

Now, if you want to know the possible implications of using either of these documents, I suggest you go back to the AOS process spreadsheet where I've already written extensively on this in addition to provide a USCIS link to their FAQ section; or wait and hope someone more inclined will provide you with a response on this Thread.

I received the confirmation for the 330$ by email, then a noticed that they have my old address on the receipt. Their is no way for me to get my mail from this address. Is it ok to use the receipt that I got by email ?

Since you don't have any other receipt, it's not like you have any other choice than to use it, right?:rolleyes: The address on the receipt is irrelevant.

Anyway mail from USCIS will only go to whatever address you list as your current address on the forms you'll be submitting with your AOS package.

It's going to be 4 months after I submitted DS-260 and I am planning to submit my AOS packaging without receiving 2ND email from KCC and I am concerned they might run background check on my DS-260!! What if I did not receive it even in my interview!!??

It's going to be 4 months after I submitted DS-260 and I am planning to submit my AOS packaging without receiving 2ND email from KCC and I am concerned they might run background check on my DS-260!! What if I did not receive it even in my interview!!??

I thought you previously said you submitted your DS-260 form in August which should make it like 3 months and not 4 by my counting.

Anyway, if you selected AOS processing on the form, KCC will not process nor run background checks on you. That's only done with CP cases. You may submit your AOS package even if the 2NL doesn't show up, you'll be fine.

I thought you previously said you submitted your DS-260 form in August which should make it like 3 months and not 4 by my counting.

Anyway, if you selected AOS processing on the form, KCC will not process nor run background checks on you. That's only done with CP cases. You may submit your AOS package even if the 2NL doesn't show up, you'll be fine.

My bad counting! Yes 3 months! Ok, What should I do if I have not it in the interview? Will the office ask it from me?

My bad counting! Yes 3 months! Ok, What should I do if I have not it in the interview? Will the office ask it from me?
As an AOS applicant, 2NL is not something you should be stressing yourself about. I remember my 2NL took 4 months to show up and didn't need it during my interview.

The IO may or may not ask for it. If they ask for it (which they rarely do by the way), simply tell them you never received it. It's not a problem, so stop stressing about it.

Hi Mom,
After 30 days from the day I received the NOA letter, I talked with NBC because I still haven't received the biometric letter yet. They asked me questions and they said the letter will be at my hand after 15-30 days from today, and they also gave me confirmation number.
Anyways, I still don't have applied (didn't include in the AOS package) for I-765 (Applications for Employment Authorization).
Here's my questions:
1) To apply, I need the form I-765 and copy of my NOA. What else?
2) For number 16 in the form, should I put "(c) (8)"
3) Do I have to put anything for number 17 and 18?
4) Can I also apply for this application for my two sons too?
5) Where should I post this application? Is it the where I mailed my AOS package?
Thanks!

Hi Mom,

I submitted my AOS through Diversity Lottery Visa on Oct 4th and I received the NOA letter on Oct 24th. However, today I received a letter from USCIS for 'Request of Initial Evidence', which states that " You must submit evidence that an immigrant visa petition has been filed on your behalf or before the date of filing form I-485. Such evidence include:
  • Form I797. Notice of Action, for Form I-129F (Petitioner for Alien Fiance(e))
  • Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant
  • Form I171, Notice of Approval from the Consular Office
If you are not filing as the beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition, submit documentation in support of your eligibility to become lawful Permanent Resident
If you do not have form I-130 filed on your behalf, you may withdraw Form I-485 by responding to this request with a letter stating that you wish to withdraw Form I-485.

Note: You must submit the following for the petitioner/sponsor listed on Form I130 or Form I-129F if you have not already done so

• Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (revision date 07/02/15)
  • A copy of petitioner's most recent Federal income tax returns.
  • Copies of all supporting tax documents(W-2s, 1099s,Form, and all tax schedules).
When I read through this letter, it doesn't make sense to me at all. I filed for the I-485 under DV lottery category, and I included most of the supporting document listed in the spreadsheet that you put together. The only supporting documents I did not submit is bank statement, affidavit of support,employment letter, and tax returns.
Can you please help me understand what USCIS is looking for my case?
Anyone who has run into similar situation before please share me with your experience on this. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Shan