• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Why are you overthinking if you need to say yes or no? The question says 'any source' - why are you being reluctant to state you got help from the Hospital Care Assurance Program like you posted before?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-44#post-2443380

Yes it is not a government funded program and it does not fall under the public charge category. Anyway, it's your case, your call.
I don't know, I am just afraid that it may affect their decision. I will probably say yes and attach a sheet of paper that explains what kind of assistance I got.
Why are you overthinking if you need to say yes or no? The question says 'any source' - why are you being reluctant to state you got help from the Hospital Care Assurance Program like you posted before?

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2017-aos-only.331328/page-44#post-2443380

Yes it is not a government funded program and it does not fall under the public charge category. Anyway, it's your case, your call.
I am not reluctant, I just don't have the evidence to prove it. It seems that I was never approved for HCAP and it was all covered by the hospital charity program. I just thought that the question is only regarding government, state or city public assistance. If I said yes and explained how in another sheet of paper, will this be enough?
Thanks again for your answers and patience :)

Hi all

Good news - I went in to the Baltimore office this morning with a letter from my father's surgeon demonstrating an urgent need to travel. This turned out to be unnecessary as my green card was approved on the spot (the IO said the final step was completed yesterday) and my passport was stamped with 3 month validity. My case status was updated to card production ordered. Done done done! Thank you all so much for your help!
Hi! Congrats! Blessed day for you!

Hi all

Good news - I went in to the Baltimore office this morning with a letter from my father's surgeon demonstrating an urgent need to travel. This turned out to be unnecessary as my green card was approved on the spot (the IO said the final step was completed yesterday) and my passport was stamped with 3 month validity. My case status was updated to card production ordered. Done done done! Thank you all so much for your help!
Congrats!

I don't know, I am just afraid that it may affect their decision. I will probably say yes and attach a sheet of paper that explains what kind of assistance I got.

I am not reluctant, I just don't have the evidence to prove it. It seems that I was never approved for HCAP and it was all covered by the hospital charity program. I just thought that the question is only regarding government, state or city public assistance. If I said yes and explained how in another sheet of paper, will this be enough?
Thanks again for your answers and patience :)

Do whatever you consider best for your case. I already told you (more than once) that type of assistance does not fall under the public charge category.

You filled out your form, initially selected 'No', following which you asked if you did the right thing. I guided you based on what I would do if this was my case, and you're now going on and on and trying to convince me as to why you shouldn't disclose this. Why bring up this issue here in the first place?

It´s been 15 days since my D-i-L and son send their AOS package and 14 days since it was delivered to the Chicago Lockbox, no NOA letter yet:(

I have set an infopass to expedite the EAD, it is tomorrow, but I just checked and the application has been approved in the meantime today. Can I or should I still go to the appointment like I do not know that it was approved?
How long did it take for your EAD application to get approved? I am also waiting on that

Hi Mom

Maybe this saga isn't over yet. My case status just changed to:

On November 16, 2016, we certified the approval of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1691502***, and sent it to the appropriate appellate office. That office will send you a final decision. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

What on earth does this mean? Could the IO's decision be overturned?

Hi Mom

Maybe this saga isn't over yet. My case status just changed to:

On November 16, 2016, we certified the approval of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1691502***, and sent it to the appropriate appellate office. That office will send you a final decision. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

What on earth does this mean? Could the IO's decision be overturned?

I think whoever did the update selected the wrong category. If I remember correctly a couple of DV 2016 petitioners reported some rather unusual updates too, they got their GC and are living happily ever after in the US now :).

Hi. Anybody know how we should pay the DV fee ($330)? It has to sent by personal check or money order? Thank you for help

I think whoever did the update selected the wrong category. If I remember correctly a couple of DV 2016 petitioners reported some rather unusual updates too, they got their GC and are living happily ever after in the US now :).

Thank you. I think you're right - I had a surreal call with USCIS L2 support earlier today. They were apologetic and confused, but in the end assured me that the case was definitely approved.

Hi. Anybody know how we should pay the DV fee ($330)? It has to sent by personal check or money order? Thank you for help
Either money order or bank (certified) check. Personal checks are not accepted for this payment. It should be made payable to the Department of State.

Well my FO is not as nice as Baltimore for sure. They said they have the file but have not looked at it yet, sit tight we'll be in touch maybe in January...

Mom, I have a question. My husband HAS to leave the country (his mom has couple of days left to live - stage 4 cancer). We are aware that he would abandon his AOS with this trip. Can he reapply with consular processing overseas or what other option do we have here? We have not filed an I-131 and he has an F2 visa.

Appreciate the answer.

Well my FO is not as nice as Baltimore for sure. They said they have the file but have not looked at it yet, sit tight we'll be in touch maybe in January...

Mom, I have a question. My husband HAS to leave the country (his mom has couple of days left to live - stage 4 cancer). We are aware that he would abandon his AOS with this trip. Can he reapply with consular processing overseas or what other option do we have here? We have not filed an I-131 and he has an F2 visa.

Appreciate the answer.

Check this out, it may be helpful:

Emergency Advance Parole Documents

If you are experiencing an extremely urgent situation, you may visit your local office to request an emergency advance parole document. When visiting a local office to request emergency advance parole, you should bring the following items:
  • A completed and signed Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
  • The correct I-131 filing fee
  • Evidence to support the emergency request (e.g. medical documentation, death certificate)
  • Two passport-style photos.
Copy/paste from: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gr...-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel

Check this out, it may be helpful:

Emergency Advance Parole Documents

If you are experiencing an extremely urgent situation, you may visit your local office to request an emergency advance parole document. When visiting a local office to request emergency advance parole, you should bring the following items:
  • A completed and signed Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
  • The correct I-131 filing fee
  • Evidence to support the emergency request (e.g. medical documentation, death certificate)
  • Two passport-style photos.
Copy/paste from: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gr...res/travel-documents/emergency-travel[/QUOTE]
Would all medical documentation has to be certified translated?

I have biometric appointment tomorrow. There are a few scraches on my thumb. Will it be a problem in finger printing? What should I do?