• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I am so worry about my case, I mailed the package 13 days before and it delivered 10 days ago but I got No text No email and No NOA letter. Does anybody know what wrong is with my case?

Hi.I will send my AOS package this month,but i have a question about part 5 of I-485 form.I am not fluent in English but I didn't have problem for fill out my forms ,because my reading and listening is good.my speaking is not good.
1.I should add interpreter's name in my I-485 form?
2.even though my husband is my spouse for DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY, can I add his name as my interpreter ?
3.our interview will be together or separately?
4.my problem about English,will be bad point for my application?I am very worried :(

Hi.I will send my AOS package this month,but i have a question about part 5 of I-485 form.I am not fluent in English but I didn't have problem for fill out my forms ,because my reading and listening is good.my speaking is not good.
1.I should add interpreter's name in my I-485 form?
2.even though my husband is my spouse for DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY, can I add his name as my interpreter ?
3.our interview will be together or separately?
4.my problem about English,will be bad point for my application?I am very worried :(

1. Did someone interpreted and filled out the form for you? If yes, add their name. (Based on your forum postings, it doesn't seem to me like you needed an interpreter).

2. Same as one above - did he interpreted and filled the form for you?

3. Yes

4. The interview isn't meant to be a test of one's English ability.

Hello,

I need some advice. I am on H1B and i have been offered a new job. The new company will be transferring my H1B. My main concern is that i have already completed the DS260 form with my current employers information. If i take the new job, will it conflict with my DV lottery application? I have not submitted my AOS package as my case number is not active yet (2017OC000008XX). However, will accepting the new job hinder me during the application process since my DS260 form states my current employer information? Would you advice i stay with my current employer till my application is approved?

Hi again!!

I sent my DS260 back in May, but after sending it I traveled outside the States in June. So, I just realized that in the question about "your last 5 trips to U.S." I put an older entry to the States, one in 2015, as the last one (Because in the moment I fill out the DS260, it was actually the last one).

1. Should I ask for re-opening the DS260 to fix it?? Or just leave it as it is, and in case they ask me during the interview, just clarify the mistake...??

2. Will reopen my DS260 delay my process in any way?? Because I am planing to send my package in October.

Thanks!!! ;)

Hi again!!

I sent my DS260 back in May, but after sending it I traveled outside the States in June. So, I just realized that in the question about "your last 5 trips to U.S." I put an older entry to the States, one in 2015, as the last one (Because in the moment I fill out the DS260, it was actually the last one).

1. Should I ask for re-opening the DS260 to fix it?? Or just leave it as it is, and in case they ask me during the interview, just clarify the mistake...??

2. Will reopen my DS260 delay my process in any way?? Because I am planing to send my package in October.

Thanks!!! ;)

1. It isn't a big deal.
2. Opening your DS260 will not delay.

Hello,

I need some advice. I am on H1B and i have been offered a new job. The new company will be transferring my H1B. My main concern is that i have already completed the DS260 form with my current employers information. If i take the new job, will it conflict with my DV lottery application? I have not submitted my AOS package as my case number is not active yet (2017OC000008XX). However, will accepting the new job hinder me during the application process since my DS260 form states my current employer information? Would you advice i stay with my current employer till my application is approved?

Accepting a new job will not impact your AOS process as long as you don't loose or go out of status.

Once re-read the instructions for assembling the package, I think I got it! :D

Thank you, Mom, for your suggestions and here is my package:
https://postimg.org/image/e88xbgthz/

I put both applicants separate, I used paper clips and ACCO fasteners, I also put some tabs for an easier location of the items, and I made a two-hole punching on the top of every document.
...Now, I am just counting the days until November First!! :oops:

Hello everyone. My case number is curent for October and I have sent my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox on Sept 20th and so far I have not received any text or emails from USCIS. This is while I saw in the excel sheet that many people whose document arrived later than mine have already received a receipt from USCIS. I called them they said up to 1 month is normal. Is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Hello everyone. My case number is curent for October and I have sent my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox on Sept 20th and so far I have not received any text or emails from USCIS. This is while I saw in the excel sheet that many people whose document arrived later than mine have already received a receipt from USCIS. I called them they said up to 1 month is normal. Is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Did you include form G1145 with your package? Yes, what they said about the one month wait is normal, and no, nothing else you can do for now except wait. Meanwhile you should go over copies of the forms you submitted to ensure every section that required a signature got signed. A missing signature, for instance could lead to the package being returned. And it usually takes a while for the package to get sent back.

Hi Sm1smom,

I am Asian- Canadian, living and working in US with TN visa. I was selected for DV2017 and my CN is AS69XX.

I have few questions regarding my case:

1-I would like to know when approximately my CN will be current?
2- Are TN visa holders living in US eligible to process their case through AoS? KCC wanted me to check my eligibility with USCIS, but USCIS didn’t respond clearly, actually the operator was not aware of such case and she asked me call to KCC again :( .

3- In the excel sheet I just found one TN case who applied through AOS. Is there any limitation for TN holders to apply through AOS?

4- For your information my TN visa is valid till 2018. Last time I entered the US from border was July 6th 2016. I submitted my DS260 on September 29 (because I lately noticed 1NL). Does it interfere the 60-90 days before declaring immigration intent?

5- Does the late submission of DS260 affect my chance to get GC?

6- Processing inside US is more convenient for me however applying through AOS might take time. I am worry this process can not be completed in DV fiscal year. According to my CN and the DS260 submission data, which process do you recommend, AOS or CP.
7- As a general question, would you explain for applicant with non-immigrant visa(such as TN,...) how the "lack of dual intent" could be justified during interview?
Any advice/suggestion would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Zadeh

Last edited:
Hi Sm1smom,

I am Asian- Canadian, living and working in US with TN visa. I was selected for DV2017 and my CN is AS69XX.

I have few questions regarding my case:

1-I would like to know when approximately my CN will be current?
2- Are TN visa holders living in US eligible to process their case through AoS? KCC wanted me to check my eligibility with USCIS, but USCIS didn’t respond clearly, actually the operator was not aware of such case and she asked me call to KCC again :( .

3- In the excel sheet I just found one TN case who applied through AOS. Is there any limitation for TN holders to apply through AOS?

4- For your information my TN visa is valid till 2018. Last time I entered the US from border was July 6th 2016. I submitted my DS260 on September 29 (because I lately noticed 1NL). Does it interfere the 60-90 days before declaring immigration intent?

5- Does the late submission of DS260 affect my chance to get GC?

6- Processing inside US is more convenient for me however applying through AOS might take time. I am worry this process can not be completed in DV fiscal year. According to my CN and the DS260 submission data, which process do you recommend, AOS or CP.
7- As a general question, would you explain for applicant with non-immigrant visa(such as TN,...) how the "lack of dual intent" could be justified during interview?
Any advice/suggestion would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Zadeh

1. Read this:
http://britsimonsays.com/dv2017-basic-questions/

2. Yes

3. No limitations. Same requirements as other NIV categories - must have entered the US legally and has not violated their admitted status.

4. No.

5. No.

6. It's your call regarding which process is right for you. You may want to look at the AOS vs. CP comparison on one of the tabs of the AOS process spreadsheet.

7. An immigrant intent is demonstrated with the submission of form DS260. So I'm not sure what you mean by justify "lack of dual intent during interview"

Once re-read the instructions for assembling the package, I think I got it! :D

Thank you, Mom, for your suggestions and here is my package:
https://postimg.org/image/e88xbgthz/

I put both applicants separate, I used paper clips and ACCO fasteners, I also put some tabs for an easier location of the items, and I made a two-hole punching on the top of every document.
...Now, I am just counting the days until November First!! :oops:

Thanks for sharing the way you assembled it. :) Just out of curiosity, why two punching holes?

Thank you for your response. About question nomber 7,as you knowTN is non immigrant visa with non- dual intent. My question is how I should answer / explain "non dual intent"if Officer questioning me why are you applying for GC when Your visa is non dual intent?

Thank you for your response. About question nomber 7,as you knowTN is non immigrant visa with non- dual intent. My question is how I should answer / explain "non dual intent"if Officer questioning me why are you applying for GC when Your visa is non dual intent?

Having a NIV does no preclude or prevent one from having or demonstrating an immigrant intent should one need to, so no IO will ever ask such a question at an AOS interview.

However a demonstration of an immigrant intent (like you've already done) makes the approval of a NIV (especially a non dual intent visa) difficult in the future should the AOS petition get denied.

It's only a concern if you entered the country with immigrant intent on a non-immigrant visa. You entered long enough ago that that won't be a problem.

Thanks for sharing the way you assembled it. :) Just out of curiosity, why two punching holes?

Official USCIS website says that "two punching holes on the top of the documents will be appreciated" I guess it's because of their way to classify our documents in files. That is why they advise to put the tabs on the bottom of the pages, not on the sides.

I am an F1 student, and have been in the US for 6 years. Can the interviewing officer ask, " How I paid for my school, how my parents sent me money and ask for bank statements ? "

I am an F1 student, and have been in the US for 6 years. Can the interviewing officer ask, " How I paid for my school, how my parents sent me money and ask for bank statements ? "
Sure she/he can ask you that. Any concerns?