• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

By the way, the information in the memo is now on the official website which gave me personally some more comfort: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/ot...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program

Yes I'm aware of the fact that it's also on their website, however that information isn't something they just updated on the USCIS website, it's been there for a couple of years.

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see it was last updated on Feb. 2014 - the fact that it's written on their website didn't stop some FOs from denying cases as recent as the DV 2016 FY that just ended, nor for both DV 2014 and 2015 as a matter of fact.

Okay, let me try and break it down:

1. Technically speaking, a petitioner is supposed to file the month their CN becomes current. So in your DIL's case if her CN is below the number listed for November, that means she's current in November and her AOS package is eligible for acceptance by USCIS from Nov. 1st.

2. However because she probably wouldn't be scheduled for an interview in November if her case file is received in Nov, and because AOS process takes a bit longer to get adjudicated compared to CP, it is possible for one to send in the AOS package up to two months in advance of their actual current month. This means if your DIL's CN is current in November she could send in her AOS package as from Sept.

3. The last sentence you seem hung on is a 'disclosure' - it points out the possibility of the package being rejected or the petition being denied due to early filing. That is because some FOs have chosen to not recognize the memo that allows for early filing and they are treating cases filed prior to the month the CN becomes current as improperly filed, while other FOs don't have any problem with such. So at the end of the day, the spreadsheet is basically asking each person to weigh and decide on their own if they are willing to take the risk of filing early with the possibility of gaining some time, or simply wait until the month CN becomes current and only file then as this gives them the peace of mind their petition will not be denied on the grounds of early filing.
Thanks, very kind of you.

Hi would you please tell me what should I write in the check as pay to the order of... And for....also I want to know whats the different of G325A and G325 because for the spouse in the AOS package writes G325. And would you pls tell me where can I find the address to send the package?

Hi Everybody!
I applied for adjustment of status through Diversity Visa program in 2016. I did my interview on May 20th, 2016. My case officer told me that I have no problem and should receive my GC in 3 weeks.After almost 3 months, on August 22nd my case status was updated online and I had approved/reopened/ordered your new card. I received welcome notice and a blank reopen letter same time same day in mail. I visited USCIS office in Detroit on September 6th and asked them what was going on with my case. The officer checked the system and told me my card is being issued; he told me congratulation. Today, my case hasnt been updated since August 22nd, I visited USCIS again and inquired about my case. I was told that my case is still pending a decision( neither approved nor denied) and the welcome notice was generated by system error. My case is still pending because of background check seemingly; I'm a PhD student in social sceinces on F1 visa and havent left US since 2012. I have no criminal or political record. Considering that, USCIS processes DV files for each year during the same fiscal year which is until September 30th, what will happen to my case? Should I consider it rejected and don't follow up? Has anybody received a decision after Sept 30th? The officer told me he has no idea how would they proceed. I'd appreciate your comments.

Also for the marriage documents in that AOS file it just wants the copy , for somebody like me does it needs to be with the original translation or copy of it?thank you so much

Hi would you please tell me what should I write in the check as pay to the order of... And for....also I want to know whats the different of G325A and G325 because for the spouse in the AOS package writes G325. And would you pls tell me where can I find the address to send the package?

1. If you're asking about the AOS fee payment, make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

2. No difference between the G-325A and G-325. Either firm can be used.

3. You can mail the package to either:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Or

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

The specific address depends on the form of mail delivery you opt to go with.

Hi Everybody!
I applied for adjustment of status through Diversity Visa program in 2016. I did my interview on May 20th, 2016. My case officer told me that I have no problem and should receive my GC in 3 weeks.After almost 3 months, on August 22nd my case status was updated online and I had approved/reopened/ordered your new card. I received welcome notice and a blank reopen letter same time same day in mail. I visited USCIS office in Detroit on September 6th and asked them what was going on with my case. The officer checked the system and told me my card is being issued; he told me congratulation. Today, my case hasnt been updated since August 22nd, I visited USCIS again and inquired about my case. I was told that my case is still pending a decision( neither approved nor denied) and the welcome notice was generated by system error. My case is still pending because of background check seemingly; I'm a PhD student in social sceinces on F1 visa and havent left US since 2012. I have no criminal or political record. Considering that, USCIS processes DV files for each year during the same fiscal year which is until September 30th, what will happen to my case? Should I consider it rejected and don't follow up? Has anybody received a decision after Sept 30th? The officer told me he has no idea how would they proceed. I'd appreciate your comments.

You already posted this on the 2016 AOS Thread. Let's keep 2016 related issues on the 2016 Thread please.

Thank you . I also have a question about my educational document. I have my BA and its translation but not my high school diploma is it may cause a problem?

I have the same question about diploma but can I write a letter to officer of uscis and attach that I am asylee so I have just BA with me and I try to have it in interview time?

Thank you . I also have a question about my educational document. I have my BA and its translation but not my high school diploma is it may cause a problem?

Send for the the Diploma and get it translated. Some IOs have been known to insist on seeing the HS Diploma itself.

I have the same question about diploma but can I write a letter to officer of uscis and attach that I am asylee so I have just BA with me and I try to have it in interview time?

Like I noted above, send for the Diploma. You can take it along to your interview even if it will not arrive before you send in your AOS package.