• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

I am 2017 DV winner with pending asylum and DV number is AS00000700. I prepared all my documents and send the package 2 days ago. I read all these comments and I am so worried now. I think they going to reject me because I made a mistake.
I didn't send my original translate certificate and diploma, I send it the copies of them.
My second mistake is that I put 'D' for me and my sons, instead of 'H' (Form I-485, part 2)
Are they going to reject me?

Thank you

I would expect the Chicago Lockbox to catch on to that error regarding basis of filing and reject the package. If that happens you will need to make the necessary corrections and re-file.

However if the Chicago Lockbox does not notice or for some reason accepts the package, when you receive your NOA, you'll need to call the USCIS 1800 number and let them know you need to change the selection from 'D' to 'H'.

As for the translated documents, you'll take the original to your interview and you can let the IO know you submitted copies but wish to switch them to the original versions. Remember though, you're not submitting the original documents themselves, it's the translated version that they require the original to be submitted.

In the spreadsheet, w-2 is mentioned. But in USCIS website in the instruction of the form it's written if you are self-employed, attach w-2. That's why I'm confused. He is not self-employed, he is working for a company.

I know what the USCIS website says, I did not refer you to it because the information there is not as comprehensive as the list I referred you to. Plus, the W-2 reference for a self employed person is actually wrong. Self-employed people do not have W-2s, they have 1099.

what should be the answer to "I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status becuase" in the I-485 Page 1
Should it be
a)An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved
or should I mark h)Other basis of eligibility and explain selected in DV2017

and for the spouse it should be - b)My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent resident in an immigrant visa category
Please confirm

what should be the answer to "I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status becuase" in the I-485 Page 1
Should it be
a)An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved
or should I mark h)Other basis of eligibility and explain selected in DV2017

and for the spouse it should be - b)My spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent resident in an immigrant visa category
Please confirm

These questions recently got answered, one of such response is actually directly above your posts! Please read the answers already provided, they are applicable to your posted questions.

I would expect the Chicago Lockbox to catch on to that error regarding basis of filing and reject the package. If that happens you will need to make the necessary corrections and re-file.

However if the Chicago Lockbox does not notice or for some reason accepts the package, when you receive your NOA, you'll need to call the USCIS 1800 number and let them know you need to change the selection from 'D' to 'H'.

As for the translated documents, you'll take the original to your interview and you can let the IO know you submitted copies but wish to switch them to the original versions. Remember though, you're not submitting the original documents themselves, it's the translated version that they require the original to be submitted.
Thank you for the reply.
So the correct one is 'H'. What about my sons? Should I put 'B' for them?

It's been 8 days that I mailed my package and it's been 5 days that it has been delivered to Chicago Lockbox, I am wondering when I get the NOA letter and Biometric one?

Thank you for the reply.
So the correct one is 'H'. What about my sons? Should I put 'B' for them?

Why is everyone asking the same set of questions without bothering to read the response already provided, even if it's to someone else???

For the last time: 'H' for selectee, 'B' for all the derivatives (spouse and children).

Hi,
I have a big concern about my tax return effect on lottery green card case. Based on my amended tax return I owe some money to IRS. There is two payment option; paying all money or doing it by installment. I need to know if I do the payment by installment, it will effect on green card process at all or not?

hi again.
is the bio walk-in literally a walk-in? the webpage says they only work by appointment.

Yes. I walked into the Baltimore ASC and they thanked me for coming in early (and didn't ask why I was there). Other offices don't allow it at all. You can check the timelines spreadsheet to see who else has tried it, or if it's close to you, just give it a try.

The October VB shows 2 charts one for the DV category which will appy in October and the other DV category rank cut-off which will aply in November.
My D-i-L case number falls below the rank cut-off number for November. My questions;
Q1- I´m trying to figure what´s the run cut-off number means.
Q2- How many days in advanced will she have to do the filing of her application into the Chicago Lockbox.
Q3- Does she have to wait until November or she may go ahead as soon as she receives the DV fee receipt and finishes her medical exams.

Thank you

Hi,
I have a big concern about my tax return effect on lottery green card case. Based on my amended tax return I owe some money to IRS. There is two payment option; paying all money or doing it by installment. I need to know if I do the payment by installment, it will effect on green card process at all or not?

However you want to do the payment is your call. As long as you're able to present evidence of the payment arrangement you have in place with the IRS, you should be fine.

hi again.
is the bio walk-in literally a walk-in? the webpage says they only work by appointment.

Yes, that's what it means - walk in prior to your scheduled appointment. Of course, you should bear in mind some may not allow a walk in, especially if you show up on a day or at a time they're dealing with a heavy work load.

The October VB shows 2 charts one for the DV category which will appy in October and the other DV category rank cut-off which will aply in November.
My D-i-L case number falls below the rank cut-off number for November. My questions;
Q2- How many days in advanced will she have to do the filing of her application into the Chicago Lockbox.
Q3- Does she have to wait until November or she may go ahead as soon as she receives the DV fee receipt and finishes her medical exams.

Thank you

Out of interest, did you read the spreadsheet?

Thank you

1. Cut-off number means if one has a CN below the listed number, the person is eligible to file.

2. Please refer to the AOS process spreadsheet - already explained in detail there.

3. Same as 2 above.

1. Cut-off number means if one has a CN below the listed number, the person is eligible to file.

2. Please refer to the AOS process spreadsheet - already explained in detail there.

3. Same as 2 above.
Sm1smom , however there is a tricky thing in the spreadsheet relating this issue and I´ll appreciate you help me to decode it.
Step 8 of AOS process (Cautions) states this , you don´t have to wait until the 1st day of the month that your CN becomes current before mailing out the AOS package. The package can be mailed 2 months in advanced as long as the CN falls under the number indicated in the VB.
On the other hand, step 8 of AOS process (Notes) states this, Please Note: some FOs ares still denying petitions considered file prior the CN being current regardless what the Early Filing memo says. So it´s your call whether to file early based on the memo or wait for your package to be received on the first day of the month for which your CN es current. I want to point out this last sentence because differs from the point that says you don´t have to wait until the 1st day of the month?? Please advise.

Thanks in advanced.

Sm1smom , however there is a tricky thing in the spreadsheet relating this issue and I´ll appreciate you help me to decode it.
Step 8 of AOS process (Cautions) states this , you don´t have to wait until the 1st day of the month that your CN becomes current before mailing out the AOS package. The package can be mailed 2 months in advanced as long as the CN falls under the number indicated in the VB.
On the other hand, step 8 of AOS process (Notes) states this, Please Note: some FOs ares still denying petitions considered file prior the CN being current regardless what the Early Filing memo says. So it´s your call whether to file early based on the memo or wait for your package to be received on the first day of the month for which your CN es current. I want to point out this last sentence because differs from the point that says you don´t have to wait until the 1st day of the month?? Please advise.

Thanks in advanced.

Okay, let me try and break it down:

1. Technically speaking, a petitioner is supposed to file the month their CN becomes current. So in your DIL's case if her CN is below the number listed for November, that means she's current in November and her AOS package is eligible for acceptance by USCIS from Nov. 1st.

2. However because she probably wouldn't be scheduled for an interview in November if her case file is received in Nov, and because AOS process takes a bit longer to get adjudicated compared to CP, it is possible for one to send in the AOS package up to two months in advance of their actual current month. This means if your DIL's CN is current in November she could send in her AOS package as from Sept.

3. The last sentence you seem hung on is a 'disclosure' - it points out the possibility of the package being rejected or the petition being denied due to early filing. That is because some FOs have chosen to not recognize the memo that allows for early filing and they are treating cases filed prior to the month the CN becomes current as improperly filed, while other FOs don't have any problem with such. So at the end of the day, the spreadsheet is basically asking each person to weigh and decide on their own if they are willing to take the risk of filing early with the possibility of gaining some time, or simply wait until the month CN becomes current and only file then as this gives them the peace of mind their petition will not be denied on the grounds of early filing.

Okay, let me try and break it down:

1. Technically speaking, a petitioner is supposed to file the month their CN becomes current. So in your DIL's case if her CN is below the number listed for November, that means she's current in November and her AOS package is eligible for acceptance by USCIS from Nov. 1st.

2. However because she probably wouldn't be scheduled for an interview in November if her case file is received in Nov, and because AOS process takes a bit longer to get adjudicated compared to CP, it is possible for one to send in the AOS package up to two months in advance of their actual current month. This means if your DIL's CN is current in November she could send in her AOS package as from Sept.

3. The last sentence you seem hung on is a 'disclosure' - it points out the possibility of the package being rejected or the petition being denied due to early filing. That is because some FOs have chosen to not recognize the memo that allows for early filing and they are treating cases filed prior to the month the CN becomes current as improperly filed, while other FOs don't have any problem with such. So at the end of the day, the spreadsheet is basically asking each person to weigh and decide on their own if they are willing to take the risk of filing early with the possibility of gaining some time, or simply wait until the month CN becomes current and only file then as this gives them the peace of mind their petition will not be denied on the grounds of early filing.

By the way, the information in the memo is now on the official website which gave me personally some more comfort: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/ot...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program